Reccomended Honda Dealership ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Reccomended Honda Dealership ?

Enjoi

Hello Friends!

I`ve been Googling around to find the best Honda powerhouse to take my CBR 500R to for servicing and Most of them have ALOT of negative reviews. I live in Pickering so there is Markham, Clarington and it says Whitby Oshawa also does but I called and the lady confirmed that they do not service Motorcycles. Clarington has the highest score at the time but some of the reviews scare me. I could drive to Ready Honda but the inconvenience of being out of Durham region bothers me. I`d prefer to take it to the dealership but if they aren't knowledgeable then I do not want to take my bike there. Can anyone who Owns a Honda bike who Lives in the Durham region give me a heads up on some good,reliable places to take my bike to? If it matters at all, I did buy the extended warranty up to 36months.

Thanks!

PM SunnyS

I did not know Gators serviced bikes.

I am aware I do not need to do it at a Honda Dealership, I`d just prefer to. However after looking at these two Links, I know that this is a trustworthy source!

I had an excellent service experience with Ready. As in, they did the repair properly, on time, and for the quoted price.

I've had Ready Honda in mississauga which was good for 2 services so far.

I had good experience with Markham outdoor powersports sales..but don't know what their service dpt is like

I've had Ready Honda in mississauga which was good for 2 services so far.

I had good experience with Markham outdoor powersports sales..but don't know what their service dpt is like

I had the same question a while back when I needed to go in for the starter relay recall on my CBR650F. Markham was ok, and I'll probably go back to them for any major service in future. I know a few people who work at Honda corp, and most take their bikes there, maybe because they are good, or maybe just because they are close to HQ.

One thing though..if you are like me and want a loose clutch, bring something to adjust it. They tightened mine to spec, and it made the ride home a little difficult, as the nut was too tight to fix by hand.

Side note, I bought my first bike from the Clarington Honda Powerhouse, and probably would not go back there again. When I took it in for service, a number of bolts/screws were stripped afterwards, plus when they first PDI'ed the bike they scratched the tank a little (easy to remove/fix but still).

Also for the new bike I bought it from Brampton and no complaints, but since they were pretty far I didn't go back to them for the recall. They seemed to do a good job delivering the bike though.

Markham Outdoor Power is the only Honda dealership I deal with, they are good people that work there.

Speedworx, near McCowan & 7 in Markham. Fawaz has always been more than fair with me, and they run a fleet of Racer 5 Hondas.

Speedworx, near McCowan & 7 in Markham. Fawaz has always been more than fair with me, and they run a fleet of Racer 5 Hondas.
Totally forgot about him, yeah i've heard very good things from different sources about him.

He's also expanding his shop!

Side note, I bought my first bike from the Clarington Honda Powerhouse, and probably would not go back there again. When I took it in for service, a number of bolts/screws were stripped afterwards, plus when they first PDI'ed the bike they scratched the tank a little (easy to remove/fix but still).

Also for the new bike I bought it from Brampton and no complaints, but since they were pretty far I didn't go back to them for the recall. They seemed to do a good job delivering the bike though.

Thanks for the input bud! I`ve heard that Brampton had good reviews but for the distance I do not think I`d go that far. Makes me wish I was still in Mississauga. I`ll give Markham a shot and see and some of the other independant shops a try that the others have suggested.

What work needs to be done? Perhaps you can perform some tasks yourself?

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

What work needs to be done? Perhaps you can perform some tasks yourself?

No work is required yet as Its still quite new. I was just gathering info in advance. WORK ON IT MYSELF? I can't put a pen back together if I disassembled it. :lmao:

I am not comfortable tinkering with things I don't know anything about. Unfortunately...Im the kind of guy that would rather pay someone else to do it. Yes, Even an oil change.

Oil change is easy, no specialized tools required. At the very least, you ought to learn how to that, as well as how to adjust the chain. Save yourself time, money, and inconvenient trips to the dealer.

Oil change is easy, no specialized tools required. At the very least, you ought to learn how to that, as well as how to adjust the chain. Save yourself time, money, and inconvenient trips to the dealer.

Depends...my old CBR250RA was a PITA with its cartridge filter and bolts that snapped if you looked at them funny. That said, I think every Honda from the 500 up use a spin-on filter. I can do an oil change on my CBR650F in under 15 minutes if I wanted to (typically take my time to ensure all oil has drained out before refilling.

No work is required yet as Its still quite new. I was just gathering info in advance. WORK ON IT MYSELF? I can't put a pen back together if I disassembled it. :lmao:

I am not comfortable tinkering with things I don't know anything about. Unfortunately...Im the kind of guy that would rather pay someone else to do it. Yes, Even an oil change.

Here's the thing about that tho, you do the research and get it right the first time and BAM you NEVER have to worry about being "comfortable" with that job again.

I was at the same stage you are not long ago but trust me, once you take the fenders off and do some wrenching with your bike you will see that these are machines, they are not made of glass.

It always helps to have a friend who knows a little to help you along the way as well.

Here's the thing about that tho, you do the research and get it right the first time and BAM you NEVER have to worry about being "comfortable" with that job again.

I was at the same stage you are not long ago but trust me, once you take the fenders off and do some wrenching with your bike you will see that these are machines, they are not made of glass.

It always helps to have a friend who knows a little to help you along the way as well.

True, although personally I'd still leave things like valve checks and reshimming to the dealer though, since you don't want to get that wrong.

I've been going to Snow City Cycle on Kennedy Road in Scarborough to service my Honda's for over 15 years. They are no longer a Honda dealer but they used to be and have always provided amazing service. They can get you any Honda parts if required.

Darren

Back
Top Bottom