Good Routes Near Niagara/Dover? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good Routes Near Niagara/Dover?

Hardwrkr13

Site Supporter
Starting to plan some rides this year and my cruiser buddies have rented a cottage near Niagara from May 12-15 for the PD13. Not a fan of the Dover scene but doing it once to say I did. From there we have lots of time to hit up some nice rides/routes in the area but considering I haven't done much riding in that area I would welcome some insight. Cheers

Stay along the lake - Selkirk Park etc ...Starting in Niagara on the Lake you can cruise through the Falls - along the Niagara Parkway go past Old Fort Erie staying along the Lake and then shift out to old HWY 3 for a bit then back to Thunderbay Road - maybe at Windmill Point Road. Stay along there through Crystal Beach to Point Albino.
Cut back up to HWY 3 and stay left at Gasline towards Port Colborne.
Go across the canal and hang a left and stay along the Lake completely to Dover. There are some pretty spots - nothing technical - just pleasant cruising..you can keep going to Long Point but again outside of Dover you need to shift near to Lake Erie.

As Doc says, good cruising. From Dover you can continue along lake to Port Rowan and Longpoint then on to Port Burwell where there is the Canadian/British submarine up on concrete piers. Lots of eating places can be found.

some good reference material here

http://www.cruisethecoast.ca/

Cruise-the-Coast-Map-2015-2000-A.gif

Niagara escarpment along Ridge Rd and the small passes that go up and down the escarpment provide good roads and interesting stops at the wineries. Ideally mid week as it does get busy on the weekend. The roads around Jordan Valley and Short Hills Provide Park and St. Johns Conservation Area are the best in the area.

Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom