Some minor assistance required - soldering item | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Some minor assistance required - soldering item

For some reason it will not allow me to reset it while plugged in. It just keeps showing the battery charging icon when I try.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Basically it comes down to this, if you can get it into download mode (or recovery mode) then there is hope of you reviving it yourself (since the bootloader is still intact). You can find instructions how to get your particular device into download/recovery on the web (usually some combination of power volume home button presses at boot).
You can likely find the firmware for your device on sites like sammobile.com (these are stock firmwares), and if you are in download mode you can use odin to flash the new firmware.

If you can't get your device into download/recovery, you need more specialized hardware to try to revive it (there are places that do this, but it usually involves disassembly, soldering a jtag conenctor and flashing a working boot loader).

Thanks @moosh009 it looks like I will have to visit that site to get odin. I've tried all the other combos and nada. Thanks for the site advice.

Although I have no idea what I was actually doing, thanks to a late night with my older boy, and the advice given here, we have......
0487ce34a7aeb179cde4c774b67a26c1.jpg

I really appreciate everyone that helped out. And my son gives a huge thank you as well! ☺??????

Because I've had some luck in this thread and don't want to start a new one.....
I have a laptop running Win7 that a kid at work installed for me. Just running through the disk cleanup and it's giving me an option to remove previous Windows installation (Vista). That will free up 64gb. Any problem in doing this? And any tips/ links to make this thing run faster? Specifically, in Chrome it takes a long time to open a page or to search.

^^^ this is a different laptop than the one in the other thread. Yeah, I told y'all I suck.

Ty @Riceburner will read them over this afternoon

Update:
Laptop working fine, removed the previous version of Windows
Kid's laptop needed a wire soldered.
PC that was graciously given to me by a fellow member has been working great just need to add a 2nd/ bigger HD (if anyone has something to get rid of cheap....) and have to do something with the video /graphics card (?) Won't seem to handle some stuff he wants to do. But it was free and I appreciate it ☺
Sister still using the Kobo with no issues.

Now...
My Galaxy Tab2 looks like it is ready for a new battery. My little guy is on YTkids steady. Before I try to crack it open, is this something that I can do myself? Have to order a battery for my phone anyway so thought that I would get both.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Update:
Laptop working fine, removed the previous version of Windows
Kid's laptop needed a wire soldered.
PC that was graciously given to me by a fellow member has been working great just need to add a 2nd/ bigger HD (if anyone has something to get rid of cheap....) and have to do something with the video /graphics card (?) Won't seem to handle some stuff he wants to do. But it was free and I appreciate it ☺
Sister still using the Kobo with no issues.

Now...
My Galaxy Tab2 looks like it is ready for a new battery. My little guy is on YTkids steady. Before I try to crack it open, is this something that I can do myself? Have to order a battery for my phone anyway so thought that I would get both.

What size are you looking for JB?

What size are you looking for JB?
He has an 80 gb in there now.
I would think that even getting double that or up to 200gb would be good. The only gaming is minecraft, and just wants some more editing software for his YT videos. But I'm only guessing.

I cracked open my GPS Garmin Nuvi 1350.
The usb port is loose, this is a common problem.

I tried to solder it down but it does not seem to stick...it's SMD soldered so hand soldering does not seem to work.
I tried to glue it down with epoxy but now it wont turn on. I guess the glue is blocking the connectors.

Damn! something so small, got to trash it now.

I cracked open my GPS Garmin Nuvi 1350.
The usb port is loose, this is a common problem.

I tried to solder it down but it does not seem to stick...it's SMD soldered so hand soldering does not seem to work.
I tried to glue it down with epoxy but now it wont turn on. I guess the glue is blocking the connectors.

Damn! something so small, got to trash it now.
Are you able to replace it the way I did on the Kobo? Cheap easy fix.

Are you able to replace it the way I did on the Kobo? Cheap easy fix.

the best price I saw for the port is $15us plus shipping.
I can buy another one close to that price...lol

I am going to use one of my old Android phones as my GPS and to stream music.
Plus my older phone works as a decent camera, so 1 device many functions.
The GPS app has all the maps so no need for a wifi or data connection for it to work.

I will buy a cheap waterproof phone case and problemo solvo.

Back
Top Bottom