Some minor assistance required - soldering item | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Some minor assistance required - soldering item

You are awesome! Much appreciated. So I will attempt the soldering. If that fails, I will order the replacement part. Be warned, there will be more questions. But again, very thankful for the help from everyone.
@-D-, you having any luck?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

not yet
I thought there were a few guys on here that did this stuff.
I recall an old thread about 6 months ago.

not yet
I thought there were a few guys on here that did this stuff.
I recall an old thread about 6 months ago.

I'd offer but I don't have the plastic tool to separate the front bezel without marring the finish. Wouldn't want to scuff your GPS. :p

I'd offer but I don't have the plastic tool to separate the front bezel without marring the finish. Wouldn't want to scuff your GPS. :p

I have the plastic tool.
You can also use a credit card or guitar pick to crack open devices.
lmk What part of the city you are in.

I have the plastic tool.
You can also use a credit card or guitar pick to crack open devices.
lmk What part of the city you are in.

I'm actually in the KW area. If you want to mail it to me I can have a look at it. LMK via PM.

I'm actually in the KW area. If you want to mail it to me I can have a look at it. LMK via PM.
Thanks for the offer. By the time we mail it back and forth, I might as well buy a new one...lol
Anyone else local in the 416?

Are you actually looking to get this done for free? You do realize that these small electronics require patience & time.

Goodluck

So the soldering didn't seem to work. Ordered the part that Blackfin linked (thanks!) $18.51 cdn shipped. We'll see how that goes.

So the soldering didn't seem to work. Ordered the part that Blackfin linked (thanks!) $18.51 cdn shipped. We'll see how that goes.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.
Thanks to @Blackfin this happened this morning!
652c9d024d4da00ff60791cf02d50361.jpg

Quick update, in case anyone cares.....my sister has been using the Kobo steady without any issues. I am truly grateful to Blackfin and the rest of you that contributed. They were ready to chuck it.

New problem, different device. My son's Samsung Galaxy Tab2 running iirc KitKat. Was in frozen state at "Samsung" screen. Tried holding down power to reset, didn't fix it. Went to hold power/ volume up. Started rebooting and then we get this
12be64f6b4b7322d91435d173020379c.jpg

Quick google search is saying that this is the Android screen of death. Are we screwed??

Looks like it booted into recovery mode. Any options to reboot the device/etc? If so use the volume keys to scroll, power to select. If not pull the battery, re-insert. Power on. does it boot normally?

The reboot options are not showing up. I will look at doing a battery pull Thursday night. Will report back. Thanks.

IIRC, when android barfs on me, I have luck had luck plugging it into a computer and rebooting. Not sure why that helps, it's been a couple years since it happened.

The reboot options are not showing up. I will look at doing a battery pull Thursday night. Will report back. Thanks.

It seems that it is not that simple to open these freaking tablets....

IIRC, when android barfs on me, I have luck had luck plugging it into a computer and rebooting. Not sure why that helps, it's been a couple years since it happened.
So just doing the hard reset/ reboot, but while plugged into a pc, or rebooting with a program? (Sorry if this is a dumb question )

So just doing the hard reset/ reboot, but while plugged into a pc, or rebooting with a program? (Sorry if this is a dumb question )

I don't remember using a program, IIRC correctly hard reset while plugged into a computer.

I don't remember using a program, IIRC correctly hard reset while plugged into a computer.
Plugged it in earlier. Needed to charge. Will try the reset. Thanks

Plugged it in earlier. Needed to charge. Will try the reset. Thanks

For some reason it will not allow me to reset it while plugged in. It just keeps showing the battery charging icon when I try.

Back
Top Bottom