Who is feeling the winter blues...? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who is feeling the winter blues...?

JollyGreenGiant

As much as I like to ride my bike for as long as I can, it's sitting in my room right now collecting dust and crap. Winter is here folks and it suck balls, that's part of being here in Canada right? Winter is like down time for me, just work, gym & home, I mean, nothing can compare to being on a motorcycle (well, at least for me). Furthermore, to ease the pain, I often go & sit on the bike with some gear on just to stop the itch.

Oh well, time to get the front & back stands out, battery tender, fuel stabilizer, sit back and just stare at my bike :( I like cars, don't get me wrong, but ever since I put my legs over a bike, it was like love at first sight. When I'm in a car, I just want to get to my destinations as fast as I can, on a bike, it's the opposite, I choose the longest way there. The bike is my drug of choice, it's so friggin addicting, just makes me long for more & more. However, we all gotta face mother nature, like it or not and try to get through winter.

Question is, how does everyone feels about winter and not being able to ride your bike? Do you miss all of the adventures and 2 wheels; weekend hangouts with friends, long trips, engage in conversations with random women with your bike :)

jot your comments below and express your thoughts guys

Last edited:
I just move the goal posts. I pretend I'm a 4 time MotoGP champion with million$ in US currency and a full trophy room who's confined to a wheelchair and would like nothing than to take a walk in the woods. And because I'm not, I do. It feels pretty good. Other days I pretend I'm Michael Schumacher. You get the idea, use your imagination. Shortly I'm off to Princess Auto. Schumi could only dream. Or maybe not.
Hope that helps.

Nice, at least you're doing something to kill that itch. Sorry, what is princess auto. Anyhow, we still have the Toronto Motorcycle Show coming up in February plus MotoGP & WSBK to keep us busy for a while.

PA=Man Store

Furthermore, to ease the pain, I often go & sit on the bike with some gear on just to stop the itch.

I hate winter as much as, if not more than, the average motorcycle guy but, um, this is just weird. :p

I hate winter as much as, if not more than, the average motorcycle guy but, um, this is just weird.
Uh, yeah.....why put the gear on? I do it commando. ?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Uh, yeah.....why put the gear on? I do it commando. 

Do you roll your belly on the tank to get that sweet just fuelled up cold gas tank going for a long ride buzz?

I heard you're not supposed to buy stuff there. Only get Snap on stuff

The times they are a changing. It's all the good Chinese stuff now. Compares favourably with Apple products.

The times they are a changing. It's all the good Chinese stuff now. Compares favourably with Apple products.
Are you getting free coffee at your location?

Are you getting free coffee at your location?

I'm shoving off now. Will report back asap. Per this thread, I'm running all season tires so will emulate generic Finnish rally driver. Winter can be fun.

Winter is a perfect time to plan out new trips, or find new routes to places you've already visited. It's also a great opportunity to read forums and reviews for any mods you want to do and start accumulating parts and tools

I can't even look at my bike when it's trapped inside. It's like a caged animal.
b2d68a1de914b8bed5344f214a088974.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I flirt with planning a trip down south. Do I bring my bike or do I rent? Driving with a trailer or fly and rent?

Have access to my bike the whole time or just afford a rental for a few days?

What could I rent?

What if I like it more than my own bike?

What if I hate it?

Where do I go? Do I bring the wife? If she comes, then we got to plan for the kids. Grandparents or bring them along?

This can take a month or so.

And usually the window of actually doing it closes fast and can't go.

Regular trips to PA in the Hammer will kill half a day.

This forum will pass some time away.

Checking out snow machines will pass some time.

Working out the budget, where to keep it. What kind? Gear?

I've got a seed planted to look at a new bike in the spring.

Researching now.

Knowing when I get on my bike, I'll wonder why I even looked at anything else.

Still gonna live with the fantasy.

Screw it, I'm getting a chi latte at Starbucks and feel guilty for spending that much money on liquid in a cup. Enjoy the free wifi and surf the forum and make faces at the hipsters that know I'm an imposter from Timmies.

what was the question again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thing that really seems to help pass the winter blues is to turn simple jobs into mind bending cluster****s. Try sourcing a bleedin' brake bleeding container @ PA that will actually hold a vacuum. Good times. Errand du jour will be sourcing Bernardin wide mouth canning jars (only sold by the dozen) for diy vacuum container. Giddy up.

Another thing that really seems to help pass the winter blues is to turn simple jobs into mind bending cluster****s. Try sourcing a bleedin' brake bleeding container @ PA that will actually hold a vacuum. Good times. Errand du jour will be sourcing Bernardin wide mouth canning jars (only sold by the dozen) for diy vacuum container. Giddy up.
I've got 3 dozen empty ones up here.
Check the dollar store.

Winter is the time to work lots of overtime, as the "bike ops" slush fund is running low from last season. I'm also spending my time looking for an older ( read cheap) dual sport, possibly a dr650 or 400.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom