Allstate - No Dual-Sports unless you're 30+ | GTAMotorcycle.com

Allstate - No Dual-Sports unless you're 30+

Borgschulze

So I'm getting kind of ****** off now.

Was paying $1050~ last year with TD, now they want $1520...

State Farm said I haven't had my license long enough... 4 years with my M2... just got my full M in July.

Allstate said no Dual-Sports till I'm 30... WTF?

All the other quotes I've got are in the $1500 range too.

I find it 100% retarded that if I had a KLX250 still, that Allstate wouldn't insure me since I'm not 30 and own a DS... 17hp... but they would insure me if I rode a Harley? Logic.

I've got 2 european bikes, Husqvarna TE610, and a Husaberg FS550e.

Going to give Intact a call next... anyone have any suggestions for Dual-Sport insurance?

Dual sports are weird. I pay the same in insurance for my FZ1 as I do for my KTM.

Switched from Allstate this year to John R Duffy (Intact) for a cheaper rate, but each bike still has an equal premium.

Yeah the company I'm with is weird for dual sports as well. They gave me a pretty good rate on the KLR 650 I bought this past summer. But I was also considering a BMW 650 gs and a KTM 500 and they said no dice until I have 6 years experience ?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Dual sports are weird. I pay the same in insurance for my FZ1 as I do for my KTM.

Switched from Allstate this year to John R Duffy (Intact) for a cheaper rate, but each bike still has an equal premium.

Maybe I'll get a quote for an FZ-09.... sell the Husky and the Husaberg.

you need to thank all those youtube douchebros for what they do on their supermotos.

whole generation of 16-25 morons ruining an entire class of bikes.

Finally got through to TD, tried a few times, must be a lot of people cancelling.

They lowered my rate to within $25 of my old rate. Apparently they had me down for 10k KM a year... when I ride more like 1500km per year.

i really don't get why peeps insurance is going throw the roof, i'm with riders plus and pay 1300 for my KLR and my HARLEY together

i really don't get why peeps insurance is going throw the roof, i'm with riders plus and pay 1300 for my KLR and my HARLEY together
...maybe those are the lucky 2?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

If anyone wants to give me a try and get a quote, you can call my office @ 866-471-1900 Ext 5011. Unfortunately you would have to be over 30 to qualify for Allstate. But we do have another outlet to get under 30's insured with one of our sister companies.

They quoted me 1300 for my cb500x ALONE.

and the fact that my adventure bike (cb500x) that has 2 times the cc than the klx would cost that much less than it... is kinda mind boggling.

Oh well

Try Desjardins? I have a 06 ktm 625smc and 07 drz400sm insured through them for ~$1400 combined, I'm 25 clean record, Oakville..

I saw a KLX250 at the show and thought about adding it to my garage. I called my insurance and they quoted me $390 / yr for it. I thought it would be a bit less then that was kind of surprised since my 1000 is only $414 / yr

Back
Top Bottom