Jennings Feb 20th | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jennings Feb 20th

Just out of curiosity, if you could rent a light weight Toy Hauler to take down there would that be something you'd consider?

I'm likely going to buy something like this:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cargo-utilit...er/1068134465?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

And I'd like to rent it out when I'm not using it. It's 2700lbs dry so just about any truck or big SUV could tow it. It would take a bit extra gas to get down there and back but would save on hotel costs. Would people rent that?

I'm thinking something like $500 for a full week.

Hey Tim, I went and looked at those Rush trailers. Very minimal, which can be good, but it doesn't have a fresh water tank or pump so you'd need to get your own tank and pump if you won't have service to hook it up.

Ok. So Im either going on the weekend of the 20th or March 5,6,7. The gas is so cheap there right now that I think I may take my RV down as well. just trying to figure out what exactly I need to go. Is it a track that is rough on tires? do I need alot of spares? should I bring my genny even though they have power there? I have so many more questions too. The other option woud be to have someone come with me and split on the hotel costs if we take just a truck. a month isnt much time to plan it all

The track is rough on tires but if you go down with a brand new set, after 3 days those tires will be done. You can get tires as well trackside depending on who shows up..
If you arrive early enough, you can find a place they supply the power and no gennys are needed.

Hotel costs are around $60 per night, that is about 10 minutes from the track.

There is 4 or 5 spots with power that would be ok for an RV. Most all of the pit spots have power, but only for warmers, not trailer stuff. There's always someone there to change tires, but to be safe I'd recommend bringing a spare set just in case they don't have your size. Michelin kind of cut them loose, they do have some Dunlops but I think they are still trying to figure out what to do. We are there 3 or 4 times a year, if you have other questions pm me.

Costs 20 bucks for whole weekend or power

Plus on way down you can swing over to motorcycle superstore in kentucy and find some great deals even with cdn dollar still some great deals to be had.

Hey Irocian... you still going down?

Weather is looking pretty good. We are heading out Thursday morning, going down via I-75.... picking up parts in Detroit.

Yes sir leaving Wednesday night at 7pm heading Louisville Kentucky for Thursday to hit up motorcycle superstore then will be in Valdosta Georgia for Friday morning.

Black ranger blue trailer Leafs and Chelsea stickers can't miss us

Gas prices are going down just filled up just south of Erie Pennsylvania 1.49 gallon and was told gets cheaper as you go south. $70 to fill my ranger in toronto 25.50 down here

Nice..even better, when you get back i'll send you a PM i need the short cuts and direction on how to get there. I'm planning a trip next year.;)

Great day down here 25c and packed with riders.

If your a fan just up 75 at south Georgia motorsport park street outlaws big chief and shawn are racing.

Thanks ya great done here hot as hell met 172 driver and few more Canadians.

Lots of fast riders down here must be nice to have this kind of weather year round

Track running backwards today what a difference.
Plus 26c and pure sunshine

It was good to meet you Irocian, sorry I didn't come by your pit more often... too busy having fun!

We got home last night and are both regretting leaving Florida. Was a great weekend!

Ya great meeting you as well. Great weekend we got home last night as well.

Great gas prices cost is 336 there and back in 2011 ranger with neo 5x8 trailer 2 bikes generator gear fully loaded up. Plus we detoured to lousiville kentucy to hit up motorcycle superstore so was great.

Can't wait to get down there again and improve times. Some really fast riders in 1st group.

Hope your buddy is doing okay

Back
Top Bottom