supersport insurance | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

supersport insurance

The bike is financed so the do want full coverage unfortunately

Do your payments for the next 5 years. Get your M license. At your 30th birthday call back insurance and take only 1 side coverage as the bike will be paid off. Then Pick-up your bike! Happy birthday! Sorry, I know this is probably not helping...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) Start with a small engine (250cc) for insurance and to build experience
2) Get your G2, G, M2 and M in that order as soon as possible
3) Do not break the law, tickets/convictions will hurt blandly and ruin your motorcycle dreams especially if you are young with a G1 and M1
4) stay away from traffic until at least you get G2 and M2 so you pose less risk to others.

Last edited:
1) Start with a small engine (250cc) for insurance and to build experience
2) Get your G2, G, M2 and M in that order as soon as possible
3) Do not break the law, tickets/convictions will hurt blandly and ruin your motorcycle dreams especially if you are young with a G1 and M1
4) stay away from traffic until at least you get G2 and M2 so you pose less risk to others.

The problem is it sounds like he already bought the gixxer 750, and financed it so he can't walk away. Bad situation to be in.

The problem is it sounds like he already bought the gixxer 750, and financed it so he can't walk away. Bad situation to be in.

If I ran a motorcycle dealership I'd have to think that I'd have the decency to tell young riders that are interested in high performance bikes to get an insurance quote before completing the sale.

My profits would probably suffer as a result, but I'd be able to sleep at night...and hopefully the potential customer that decided a SS wasn't a good choice in retrospect would appreciate my good faith effort and come back to buy a more realistic starter bike from me after the fact.

Re-sell it.

Best thing to do for your sake would have been to use slow bike to build the experience that you will need on the road when faced with situations that require immediate attention and immediate best response. Those situations only play out well if you have the experience to handle them (time and practice).

As an example: You may not even be able to handle a downtown TO taxi driver changing lane in front of you if you are unaware about how taxi drivers drive and don't approach them with certain type of caution.

Last edited:
Motorcycle Training Organization of Halton/Peel is a great school. Went last April myself. Teach you a lot of good stuff. Saved my *** a few times. This is all coming from a guy who has never rode a bike until last season.

If you are really that hellbent on a SS, seriously look at the KTM RC390. Being less than 600CC, it's probably the cheapest SS to insure out there at the moment.

It's the route I took.

Although I'm certainly not downplaying the benefit of training, having recommended it myself in this very thread, I don't think that its ultimately going to be the solution to Jay's soon to be problem.

Helpful, yes, but my insurance discount was $225 for having taken it, and based on what I've read here that was on the generous side, with many insurers not offering any discounts whatsoever. I'd still take the training regardless, but expecting any more than a 50% return vs the cost of the (typically ~$450-$500) course to begin with seems unlikely.

Still, worthwhile... The stuff they teach can very well save your life someday.

Not to make light of gsxr.jay's situation, but something tells me that his bike will end up in the SOMFST.

I've made a bunch of financial mistakes in my 20's, I feel for you brah.

If you are really that hellbent on a SS, seriously look at the KTM RC390. Being less than 600CC, it's probably the cheapest SS to insure out there at the moment.

It's the route I took.

At 45 hp its hardly a SS. Yea, its got some premium components but that doesn't make it a SS.

At 45 hp its hardly a SS. Yea, its got some premium components but that doesn't make it a SS.

Ehhh I was referencing the looks moreso than the full on performance, since that's one of - if not the - biggest reasons young riders want a bike in the first place...

Ehhh I was referencing the looks moreso than the full on performance, since that's one of - if not the - biggest reasons young riders want a bike in the first place...
SS= slightly de-tuned track bike with lights and license plate holder.

RC390 glorified lawnmower engine (1cylinder, 4 stroke) with chinese fairings.

While it might seem like the "right" thing to do, Why is it the dealers responsibility to advise anyone to check insurance before they complete the sale? I have never bought a vehicle without first checking into insurance. So often we as older people complain about the "younger self entitled" people not taking responsibility for their actions. Now if the person is under 18, I "might" be more inclined to agree the sales person may mention insurance. Although not blaming GSXR.Jay, he is 25 he should have checked first.

Now the "good news" is that he "may" be able to get out of the sale with only "minor" penalties. The finance company will NOT approve the loan without full coverage. If he is unable to attain it, then they "may" let him out of the deal. The dealer would be justified in keeping any deposits etc to cover his cost of re advertising the bike etc.

As for those recommending he "resell" the bike he can't the dealer won't give him possession of a financed bike without full insurance coverage so he can't sell the bike unless the dealer is going to sell it on "consignment" for him

GSXR.jay The best advice we can give you is a bike is a TOY. not something you should be financing. The 750 is likely a bit big as a starter bike. IF you get out of the 750 deal relatively unscathed financially, then look for a MUCH smaller older bike, (that you can pay cash for), to learn on and that insurance while still high won't be insane. Financing a bike is never a wise financial decision.

If I ran a motorcycle dealership I'd have to think that I'd have the decency to tell young riders that are interested in high performance bikes to get an insurance quote before completing the sale.

My profits would probably suffer as a result, but I'd be able to sleep at night...and hopefully the potential customer that decided a SS wasn't a good choice in retrospect would appreciate my good faith effort and come back to buy a more realistic starter bike from me after the fact.

Back
Top Bottom