supersport insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

supersport insurance

Care to share broker details?
Paul does have really competitive quotes though

I got quoted $3200 from Paul South this week on an 09 Gsxr600.
Brand new rider quote was based on m2, and training course.
One at fault accident, and one speeding ticket.

Found an even better deal from a broker today, 2100 full coverage. Ill take that for a first rider on a supersport!

Honestly forget the super sport right now, the insurance companies will kill you. My advice is to look for an older 750 standard and then spend the money that you would on insurance to turn it into a proper cafe racer. In the old days (and I am old) there where no sport bikes, cruisers or adventure bikes. You took a standard (Japanese universal motorcycle) and modified it to suit your needs. You can build a great bike that handles and stops well with enough power to get you started. Power is the last thing you need when you start, finesse and road skills are most important. When you can ride the wheels off a 1980's 750 and embarrass your friends, then your ready to move up. Just my 2 cents.

Found an even better deal from a broker today, 2100 full coverage. Ill take that for a first rider on a supersport!

Can I get that broker name as well?

Yeah I'm going to need the name of that broker too. No accidents or speeding tickets, same level of experience on an 07 CBR600 and was quoted 3700 from Paul...

Yeeeaaaa.... Name and contact info of this broker please. If it is indeed true, he will be getting a lot of business from SS riders.

Probably from Mo, the kijiji insurance guy. Lol

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

don't think it was with mo, got quoted 2900 with paul, 3700 with mo, he just goes through state farm...

I've been seeing quite a bit of young riders on here asking about insurance. If you're younger than 25, expect to pay high rates. It's unfortunate, but one of the reasons for that is because you don't have the history to prove that you are safe rider. For example Allstate wants riders that are over 30. The other reason for high rates is SS. They tend to be in the most accidents (Statistics), which in turn increases the amount of accident benefits paid out. Usually when someone that is pretty young and rides anything smaller than an 800cc bike I tell them upfront to expect to pay more. Sometimes they get a happy surprise and we come in lower. But usually I tell them to stay put for now, or recommend them to someone else. Bottom line everyone is increasing their rates for some profiles...

Hi guys i just got my m1 this month and bought a 2013 gsxr 750 can someone please tell me what companies will insure me so i can get my bike home from the dealer thanks guy btw im 25 years old and i got a g license

Last edited:
Hi guys i just got my m1 this month and bought a 2013 gsxr 750 can someone please tell me what companies will insure me so i can get my bike home from the dealer thanks guy btw im 25 years old and i got a g license

You should have checked prior to buying the bike my freind. I'm learning that lesson now as well. Try paul but that's a big starter bike though no?

You should have checked prior to buying the bike my freind.

Yep. Cardinal rule.

Jay, I don't think you're going to like the numbers you're going to get. There are good stickies at the top of this forum which will point you where to start looking.

You do have being 25YO going for you, but just about everything else going against you.

Having just got your M1 you're going to have issues with timing your M1 exit as well before it expires. You planning to take a M1 exit safety course? Best sign up to one now, the early season ones fill up fast.

Might want to Consider getting your M2 and the safety course under your belt before even calling around.

Last edited:
Tnx for the help guys

Is the bike financed or paid for? If financed you'll have to get full coverage. If not you can opt for liability only.

Either way, the safety course and your M2 will help a little with many insurers.

Back
Top Bottom