Motocamping | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motocamping

The van.ca thelasthunt and liveoutthere are all good places to look for cheap camping gear and outdoor stuff. They are Canadian too and some have very easy return policies etc. Altitude sports can have decent online sales on outdoor stuff too and Atmosphere has a yearly sell off of last years tents and sleeping bags each year.

I got the expedition classic... if you hurry, hennessy has a 'holiday special' that they are still honoring where they throw in a free kid's hammock. That sealed the deal for me as its specs are good enough to work for my small wife... or if she doesn't use it I could use it as a gear sling.

There are cheap hammocks on Amazon... saw one as low as $25... but once you add a bug net, a rain fly, straps, snake skins if you want them, and you are soon well over $100 for likely a piece of crap. I am getting two decent hennessys for $200 plus tax, free shipping, with all the bits needed.

Nice. Which model/brand did you go with? I'm looking at the expedition asym zip from Hennessey. With the price I'm tempted to buy a $10 cotton hammock and string a crappy tire tarp over it.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I have a few different hammocks (about 20, I have a problem). For the price of the hennessy's their are other options. I may recommend BIAS, UGQ, Dream-hammock, dutchware. I'm a bit of a camping/hammock addict. UGQ makes the best tarps and quilts for the money by far. Customer service is also top notch.

I have a few different hammocks (about 20, I have a problem). For the price of the hennessy's their are other options. I may recommend BIAS, UGQ, Dream-hammock, dutchware. I'm a bit of a camping/hammock addict. UGQ makes the best tarps and quilts for the money by far. Customer service is also top notch.
Thanks for the info. If you ever decide to sell any of your camping hammocks, let me know.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I've got some decent camping gear never used that will be available when I get back. Tent, pad, pillow, Kermit chair can't recall all the bits...no stove or cooking gear. Too old and achy to use it and like AirBnB.

I've got some decent camping gear never used that will be available when I get back. Tent, pad, pillow, Kermit chair can't recall all the bits...no stove or cooking gear. Too old and achy to use it and like AirBnB.

I wouldn't worry about safety either. Just sayin .
Just go !!!! Live life and enjoy .

I wouldn't worry about safety either. Just sayin .
Just go !!!! Live life and enjoy .

Don't be such an old fart.
Don't book with a sketchy ad, with no reviews
Book with only highly reviewed hosts

Nothing but praise for airbnb.
I always point to the host that I stayed with in the outskirts of ottawa. Service and attention to detail on par with 4+ star W-hotels. And there's nothing like pre-arranging a warm, dry, garage after riding in chilly, barely-above freezing temps+rain.

I probably passed out for a good 15 minutes (on the concrete floor) after closing the garage door before the host came to check on me, and lead me inside to a damn good soup and meal that was just waiting for me.

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng
vTUZ5.gif

Last edited:
Don't be such an old fart.
Don't book with a sketchy ad, with no reviews
Book with only highly reviewed hosts

Nothing but praise for airbnb.
I always point to the host that I stayed with in the outskirts of ottawa. Service and attention to detail on par with 4+ star W-hotels. And there's nothing like pre-arranging a warm, dry, garage after riding in chilly, barely-above freezing temps+rain.

Yup booked with an amazing chappie near Peterborough - brand new house. He fought in the Faulkland war, career right out of James Bond....pilot, fantastic open wheel MG in the garage. We had a great old time chatting and quite the cook too....more crispy bacon than I could handle all for $50

Reviews go in both directions - I have a good review history as a guest so gives an edge in booking.

I do tend to go for places that do NOT have a huge review base as I figure ( and they do ) go out of their way to impress. Because mcyclists tend to stay away from the touristy areas - there is often superb deals to be had and cool people providing the space.

Neat coincidence in BC two sets of touring riders, my son and I and a couple from Germany and we had a great time chatting about riding.....that pair were unreal where they had been. Every spare dollar they had went to flying to exotic areas, renting mcycles for a month to 3 months and riding.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom