State Farm Policy Update 2016 | GTAMotorcycle.com

State Farm Policy Update 2016

DECIMIS

We all know State Farm was purchased, and new rating systems were coming for 2016. Just got my new policy rates - you need to ensure you call them, or they call you, to go over all the new questions.

Have my 2013 Ninja 300 and 2015 Civic with them, bottom line:

Ninja went up $26 annually
Civic went down $216 annually

YMMV

Which agent are you with?

Which agent are you with?

Mike Harrington out of Peterborough.
Been with them for about 19 years, and I get some quantity of loyalty bonus for being with them for over 10 years. OH HEY!!! You decided on a 2015 Vic Magnum, soo sweet man, I absolutely love them. Been into spoiled sports a couple times a drooled all over a cross country. I am envious!!!

Mike Harrington out of Peterborough.
Been with them for about 19 years, and I get some quantity of loyalty bonus for being with them for over 10 years. OH HEY!!! You decided on a 2015 Vic Magnum, soo sweet man, I absolutely love them. Been into spoiled sports a couple times a drooled all over a cross country. I am envious!!!
Thanks buddy I'll give them a call. I called the Newcastle State Farm and spoke to a rather "new" sounding lady who ended up giving me a quote wayyyyyy above everyone else so I think she may have f'd up somewhere.

I was pretty decided on the Cross Country but was offered the Magnum for a steal from the dealer. Still waiting on delivery but you're welcome to come by and see it anytime.

you need to ensure you call them, or they call you, to go over all the new questions.

New questions? Is this a State Farm thing or an everyone thing? Also if that is the case, do they also need to reconfirm any tickets et all again?

Just opened my renewal notice. $65.29/month jumped to $118 / month. (2011 ZX6R, 44 yrs old, full M but just got it last season, Niagara Region).

Called my agent, was told they will confirm the new rate, and get back to me. She mentioned that while they haven't seen many motorcycle renewals come through yet, the increases she's seen have been mostly for Harley Davidsons, and BMWs. Apparently, there are some bikes that went down. I'll post back when I find out more.

Last edited:
Just opened my renewal notice. $65.29/month jumped to $118 / month. (2011 ZX6R, 44 yrs, full M but just got it last season, Niagara Region).

Called my agent, was told they will confirm the new rate, and get back to me. She mentioned that while they haven't seen many motorcycle renewals come through yet, the increases she's seen have been mostly for Harley Davidsons, and BMWs. Apparently, there are some bikes that went down. I'll post back when I find out more.

I have been noticing that SS 600's tend to be higher. Also you're in a category that has a lot of accidents. Would be willing to guess that your AB (accident benefits) went up.

Last edited:
I have been noticing that SS 600's tend to be higher. Also you're in a category that has a lot of accidents. Would be willing to guess that your AB (accident benefits) went up.

I don't have a breakdown from the old policy to compare, BUT accident benefits area large portion (85.50/month) of the new one.

Looks like I too am in the market for a new insurance provider. They just called back to confirm that the new rate is correct.

Looks like I too am in the market for a new insurance provider. They just called back to confirm that the new rate is correct.

Let me know if you find a better rate... Would be interested to see who can beat what you have.

It's shaping up like this: State Farm (Desjardins) renewal: $1416 (with car / house)

Paul South (Surenet): $1770 just bike
$1369 with car/house

Ronn Calderon (Dalton Timmis) $1296 (He didn't specify if this was stand alone or not, I did tell him I can move my car/house over if it made a difference)

Grant Redfern (Allstate) $927 with car. (Looks like he's also cheaper than what I'm currently paying for the car/house. IIRC house was cheaper, and provided more coverage than we currently have).

Also worth mentioning: that renewal from State Farm was only $300,000 liability. The above quotes are all $1 million.

Got my March renewal today. Been with Statefarm for a year now on my CBR250. It went up $12/month with no changes to my policy or personal record. Robbery.

Got my March renewal today. Been with Statefarm for a year now on my CBR250. It went up $12/month with no changes to my policy or personal record. Robbery.

$144 a year increase is hardly robbery. There's people with increases upwards of $2000... That's robbery. Consider yourself lucky and pay it.

$144 a year increase is hardly robbery. There's people with increases upwards of $2000... That's robbery. Consider yourself lucky and pay it.

No, it is robbery. Insurance in Ontario is robbery. But let's face it, 22hp is a pretty low risk bike. Just making a point that they're going after the whole community, not just SS riders. While I can swallow the extra few bucks, it doesn't make it anymore fair - especially when I'm riding something small to try and keep the costs down. Otherwise I'd be on a bigger bike in the first place.

No, it is robbery. Insurance in Ontario is robbery. But let's face it, 22hp is a pretty low risk bike. Just making a point that they're going after the whole community, not just SS riders. While I can swallow the extra few bucks, it doesn't make it anymore fair - especially when I'm riding something small to try and keep the costs down. Otherwise I'd be on a bigger bike in the first place.

You are correct.

im fairly curious and would like to see what the claims have been like on the 125 to 300cc class bikes.
yes, they are very small motors and low hp numbers but there is a lot of them out there, probably a lot of thefts of them, and mostly newer riders who may have dumped them a few times.

i feel like the 1000cc class bikes would have the least claims on them generally more experienced riders buy them.

the 600cc class probably has the most thefts....lots of them out there and in high demand.

You need to wander the wreckers and see how many small cc bikes are writen off with front end smacks. Truely an eye opener. But then again its great for the parts that can be retrieved for other endevours!

It's shaping up like this: State Farm (Desjardins) renewal: $1416 (with car / house)

Paul South (Surenet): $1770 just bike
$1369 with car/house

Ronn Calderon (Dalton Timmis) $1296 (He didn't specify if this was stand alone or not, I did tell him I can move my car/house over if it made a difference)

Grant Redfern (Allstate) $927 with car. (Looks like he's also cheaper than what I'm currently paying for the car/house. IIRC house was cheaper, and provided more coverage than we currently have).

Also worth mentioning: that renewal from State Farm was only $300,000 liability. The above quotes are all $1 million.

thank you Skinnaird for your post..
+1000000 for Grant Redfern @allstate

if you can bring bike/auto/and home you will not be disappointed..
I thought I was lucky paying $1300/yr with SF, went up to $2600 this year.. 31yr old 08 fireblade
I won't even tell you the rate Grant gave me because you wouldn't believe it.
contact Grant and tell him dave sent you, ask about "the unicorn" policy..
gredfern@allstate.ca
**you need all 3 though

Back
Top Bottom