Insurance bait and switch | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance bait and switch

suzuki2000

Soworking on getting insurance on another car, did some price shopping got a varied group of responses. I disclosed all incidents etc... One of these was even with my current insurance company. When I went to actually complete a policy, they review and want to increase the quote by 20% as the "quote" needed to be verified... Apparently my quote with all info, car make, model, trim level, etc wasn't enough to give an accurate "quote"

WTF? and no these were quotes completed with real live reps, not online price quotes..

Feels like such a scam...

Did you ask why the quote didn't match when they went to write the policy?

I had a similar situation when I went to get coverage on my current bike. Turned out I had a black mark on my Autoplus (insurance company tracking system) record that I didn't know about. Long story short, they were quoting me initially on my statements ("I have a clean record") only to see the incorrect at-fault accident showing up on my record when they actually ran my record.

I was able to get the error sorted out and it fell off my record about a month later anyways, but it had been there for years without any knowledge. My current insurance company never penalized me for it (otherwise I might have noticed it) because of it's nature, but the potentially new insurers, not so much.

Soworking on getting insurance on another car, did some price shopping got a varied group of responses. I disclosed all incidents etc... One of these was even with my current insurance company. When I went to actually complete a policy, they review and want to increase the quote by 20% as the "quote" needed to be verified... Apparently my quote with all info, car make, model, trim level, etc wasn't enough to give an accurate "quote"

WTF? and no these were quotes completed with real live reps, not online price quotes..

Feels like such a scam...
I had this problem with Belair Direct, but they waited until I committed, sent me my slip the called me and said the price was higher. I argued with them but they wouldn't budge so I said I am canceling, they said I can't and if I do it will be on my record as a canceled policy. I called my previous insurer and she said that's BS and she gave me a policy again but just as cheap as those aholes quoted me.

I had this problem with Belair Direct, but they waited until I committed, sent me my slip the called me and said the price was higher. I argued with them but they wouldn't budge so I said I am canceling, they said I can't and if I do it will be on my record as a canceled policy. I called my previous insurer and she said that's BS and she gave me a policy again but just as cheap as those aholes quoted me.
Why is it a negative thing when we the consumer cancel a product/service? Let's expand that idea...cancel your cable, black mark on your record...lol
I love the bs excuse, you are a new customer and we don't know you. Ok, I will come to your house and we can have dinner, problem solved...lol

Why is it a negative thing when we the consumer cancel a product/service? Let's expand that idea...cancel your cable, black mark on your record...lol
I love the bs excuse, you are a new customer and we don't know you. Ok, I will come to your house and we can have dinner, problem solved...lol
You're absolutely right. You cannot get a black mark from cancelling your policy. The law states that an insured can cancel their policy without reason and at any time (but may be subject to a fee). If an insurance company cancels you, they have to have a reason and must give you notice.

-Vinnie

Back
Top Bottom