Motorcycle Shelter/Cover | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Shelter/Cover

Rutlo

Do any of you have experience with (owned), or have seen this shelter from Gears Canada? I'll be in the market for a new cover in the spring and I've gone through 3 of the Nelson Rigg Deluxe noted below. They all hit a point that they tear and fail. I have to keep the bike outside all season (no garage) and the backyard gets and *** kicking from the sun ALL day so these covers are getting hammered when on the bike. I'm wondering about the one from Gears Canada, as it's a full shelter that may be useful in winter too as one day I will lose access to the garage that I currently winter the bike in. The price seems good and from a local company compared to ordering. Gears will be at the February show, but tell me they won't have one on display, and while I can visit their location to look at it at their location in Mississauga it wouldn't be set up. Anyone out there have any first hand experience or have seen?
http://www.gearscanada.com/pro-shelter-garage.html

https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/nelson-rigg-deluxe-all-season-cover.html

@rutlo I may be mistaken, but I think there was one in the gtam classifieds a few months back (but could have been the Shadow forum)

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Well they look like they're both made of polyester so I don't see how one is going to outlast the other. Even my gazebo cover has to be replaced every 3 years and it's supposed to be uv resistant too. Price is pretty steep for something you will probably replace in 2 or 3 years. I would just watch Princess Auto for when their covers come on sale and buy 3 of them. Probably last you longer and be cheaper in the long run

They were selling these at the motorcycle show.

SQ-CF-CarCapsule%20jpg.jpg

Interesting idea, but needed be plugged in 24/7 and honestly, didn't look very durable to me when one considers UV and heavy winds.

If you have a backyard, why not just build a cheap shed?

Buy a plastic type one from the Depot?

They were selling these at the motorcycle show.

SQ-CF-CarCapsule%20jpg.jpg

Interesting idea, but needed be plugged in 24/7 and honestly, didn't look very durable to me when one considers UV and heavy winds.
Those are actually meant for in the garage, to keep the dust off your showbike.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Hmm, well, that would make more sense, but I was sure I overheard a salesperson (perhaps it was just a gawker) mention it could be used outdoors.

Hmm, well, that would make more sense, but I was sure I overheard a salesperson (perhaps it was just a gawker) mention it could be used outdoors.
I'm sure probably could, how long it might last outside is another story.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom