Magnetic Hills | GTAMotorcycle.com

Magnetic Hills

nobbie48

Site Supporter
I did the Escarpment Rd one (east side of Hwy 10 just north of Forks Of The Credit Road) over the weekend in the cage and was wondering if anyone had done it on a bike. Since you have your feet down and the roll back (or forward) starts slow does it work?

More fun than watching the wannabes at the Forks IMO.

Then good old Google found me a list of a bunch more so I don't have to go to New Brunswick.

Canada[edit]

Magnetic Hill in Chartierville, Quebec
Abbotsford, British Columbia: McKee Road just before Ledgeview Golf Course[8]
Vernon, British Columbia: 5390 Dixon Dam Road[9]
Moncton, New Brunswick: Magnetic Hill[10]
Bridgetown, Nova Scotia: on Hampton Mountain Road 1 km (0.6 mi) north of Valleyview Provincial Park[11]
Burlington, Ontario: King Road, just north of Bayview Park. Stop car at "No Motorized Vehicles" sign, face south.[12]
Caledon, Ontario: Escarpment Sideroad approaching Highway 10, stop car at tunnel[13]
Dacre, Ontario: Highway 41, near intersection with Highway 132, known as Magnetic Hill[14]
Oshawa, Ontario: Ritson Road N (north of Raglan Road); just south of tracks, start near large tree on left, you should roll towards tracks.[15]
Chartierville, Quebec: Magnetic Hill[15]
Notre-Dame-Auxiliatrice-de-Buckland, Quebec: Route Saint-Louis (Côte magnétique de Buckland)[16]

I've been to the one in Burlington a few years ago. I forget if I noticed the "magnetic" pull or not. It's on my to-do list for the summer.

No...it doesn't work with my bike, there is too much aluminum.

I want to give you the same look I gave my wife when we were on Escarpment....(only because we lived on Heart Lake, and she wanted to show me the amazing trick...lol)
Dude, It is A HILL...NOTHING MAGICAL...YOU SIT AT THE TOP...YOU GO DOWN. I believe the scientific term is GRAVITY...NOT MAGNETIC :) :) :)

No...it doesn't work with my bike, there is too much aluminum.

I want to give you the same look I gave my wife when we were on Escarpment....(only because we lived on Heart Lake, and she wanted to show me the amazing trick...lol)
Dude, It is A HILL...NOTHING MAGICAL...YOU SIT AT THE TOP...YOU GO DOWN. I believe the scientific term is GRAVITY...NOT MAGNETIC :) :) :)

NO dude it is an optical illusion as are all other magnetic hills. Apparently this has just been discovered by the folks in Orangeville so they're enlightening the world.

NO dude it is an optical illusion as are all other magnetic hills. Apparently this has just been discovered by the folks in Orangeville so they're enlightening the world.
??? Ummm, kind of what I'm saying... ;) thanks West TO. Glad I didn't make the drive to see something that doesn't even give that same illusion...
Cheers

Last edited:
;) Im just messing with you... I read it and had the feeling that you had just stumbled upon the Caramilk secret. My bad...
My wife still thinks its legit. LOL

There is also a Magnetic Hill Just above Creemore on the Mulmar Nottawasaga townline on the west side of Lavender.

The Abbotsford one was/is an optical illusion. I think the area has become more developed recently and it would be hard to judge that you are moving uphill unassisted. Last time I was there I know the tree that I had historically used as my starting mark was gone. It was called Gravity Hill. I don't think many people know about it anymore. 20 years ago at 2am it was hilarity to put the car in neutral, turn it off, and roll up the hill.

Back
Top Bottom