Bet there is some protective gear in the shopping list | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bet there is some protective gear in the shopping list

MacDoc

Site Supporter
from this

jeff-and-jeri-hamilton.jpg

to this

jeri-and-jeff-hamilton.jpg

I'm not ATGATT but even a bit of armor surely would have been useful in this. Look at the hand and arm/shoulder injuries.

This is what they were wearing ....tho from lack of head injuries perhaps helmets

jeff-and-jeri-hamilton.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-angels-sought-by-florida-couple-1.3397323

I'm surprised a rear tire blow out ended in total loss of control. Almost sounds like it threw the bike into a tank slapper and then they high sided.

Good on the Alberta couple that stopped.

Last edited:
Vest with eating event patches just don't hold up in a crash.

I'm surprised his awesome beard didn't prevent rash

Probably hit the front brake those thing will make you crash every time.

Sent from a device using a program

That bike has a 400lb capacity - rider, passenger, and luggage was probably over limit. Rear tire should've been at max inflation- hard to check and adjust though. Most likely explanation for a rear blow out.

Even the most expensive gear would be cheaper than a visit to an American ER. Those injuries sound like they might result in permanent disability too. It's going to make that clock restoration business difficult to run.

Last edited:
Saw that story, thought the same thing about gear.

Bought a new leather riding jacket at the show yesterday to replace my Textile. The Joe Rocket textile is nice, but I had been looking for a leather jacket that wasn't going to set me back $500+, found it yesterday for $300, ended up walking out with it for $200. Cash and some negotiation skills served me well. ;)

I have my vest as well, I'm sure I'll be temped to ride with just it on at some points during the hot ****** weather, but I'll have those photos in the back of my head.

Helmet laws suck!

From the 2nd CBC story:

"Jeri Hamilton's husband was in even worse shape — his nose was completely crushed."He looked like he had been in some kind of grinder," Monley said.
"He helmet was all shaved. So was the side of his face and his nose. There were pieces of jeans and skin ... he looked a mess.""

Was probably wearing something like this:

98242-13vm-1.jpg

but probably hadn't seen this:

042914middle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom