What did you buy from the motorcycle supershow ? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you buy from the motorcycle supershow ?

I was quiet discouraged with the show. The selection was very limited for a female rider, and everything was the same 3 items.
I was looking for stencilling or reflectors, there was none No shops that customize a bike. It seemed like more social clubs were there then bikes being sold.
Not a fan for this years show, but saying that I go every year to the show, as I really enjoy the weekend.

Yes, yes I do. But sometimes a cash deal tax in near the end of the day on Sunday is better than my employee cost.

its good when you get that friends and family discount wherever you go eh...

I was quiet discouraged with the show. The selection was very limited for a female rider, and everything was the same 3 items.
I was looking for stencilling or reflectors, there was none No shops that customize a bike. It seemed like more social clubs were there then bikes being sold.
Not a fan for this years show, but saying that I go every year to the show, as I really enjoy the weekend.

I think you missed hall 5...that's where all the custom shops were, the one where Paul Jr. was signing autographs. So...I don't know how you go every year but didn't know about hall 5 where all the custom stuff is.

I've been at all the shows the whole weekend for the past 7 years (7x3=21 shows)!!! This one was no different than what its ever been before.

Last edited:
@loneronin did you work the show? If so, where?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

A little off topic, but I only noticed 1 SF agent there as opposed to the 6 or 7 that were at the last show.

Even if they talked me into buying a back massaging thing that zaps me.

I bought one too. Sitting with it turned on right now working miracles on my lumbar - It hasn't felt as good in the last 6 months as it's felt in the last 48 hours since I've been using it regularly.

we got ours for $100

I got all the accessories and extras, was twice that in the end, but meh....will submit it to benefits and get it refunded, the one we bought was actually licensed as a medical device (not all are) so it's eligible. I saw a few vendors there selling them.

I got all the accessories and extras, was twice that in the end, but meh....will submit it to benefits and get it refunded, the one we bought was actually licensed as a medical device (not all are) so it's eligible. I saw a few vendors there selling them.

I looked these things up...$100 on Costco.ca ....are these not similar to the health/fitness things marketed for abs years ago?

I bought one too. Sitting with it turned on right now working miracles on my lumbar - It hasn't felt as good in the last 6 months as it's felt in the last 48 hours since I've been using it regularly.

Aren't there more appropriate sites to discuss your wood massager?

But isn't riding an urban camo bike in the city kind of like walking into a bear's den covered in honey?
Yeah like walking out in the middle of the road on a foggy night

That's not the same one. This is what they were selling
http://iqmassager.com/shop/view/53-iq-massager-pro-ivs

They all do the same thing don't they? Zap your nerves to make your muscles twitch basically. Years ago similar (but less sophisticated ones) were sold as fitness gizmos to build muscle (the idea was that constant stimulation was like lifting weights or doing exercises). That was discredited mostly but now I see these things for a slightly different use.

Renewed my RACE license, a chicken shawarma sandwich and a banana/mango smoothie.

I got one too, Mango and something else, the girl operating the stand recommended it...it was disgusting. But I paid $9 for it so there was no way I was not going to finish the damn thing.

Other than that just walked around, liked the Ninja H2 and a Harley street muscle. Didn't find anything that fit in jackets, all too small, said "hi" to my friends @ dual sport plus and Jody at twisted throttle also checked in with the crew @ BMW Toronto.

Plus points was meeting up with Joe Bass and getting parking almost in front of the entrance at Hall 3.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They all do the same thing don't they? Zap your nerves to make your muscles twitch basically. Years ago similar (but less sophisticated ones) were sold as fitness gizmos to build muscle (the idea was that constant stimulation was like lifting weights or doing exercises). That was discredited mostly but now I see these things for a slightly different use.

There's a difference between "zappers" (to use a simple term) and a TENS machine. Anyone who has ever had physiotherapy is apt to be familiar with TENS, it's a common device for rehabilitation and is considered a medical device. The "6 pack abs sitting on your couch eating cheetos" devices are simple muscle contractors that typically only work at one frequency, whereas a TENS can be set to a variety of programs, some of which are designed to cause muscles to contact, most of which are designed to simply provide the benefits without the contraction.

There's a difference between "zappers" (to use a simple term) and a TENS machine. Anyone who has ever had physiotherapy is apt to be familiar with TENS, it's a common device for rehabilitation and is considered a medical device. The "6 pack abs sitting on your couch eating cheetos" devices are simple muscle contractors that typically only work at one frequency, whereas a TENS can be set to a variety of programs, some of which are designed to cause muscles to contact, most of which are designed to simply provide the benefits without the contraction.

Thanks. So similar but more sophisticated and designed for a different use? I have used a TENS machine at a physiotherapist and it seemed toe work pretty well. Just wondering about these consumer oriented ones.

It looked to me that vendors did not bring a lot of inventory but I went on Saturday night where I usually go on Friday night. Saw a sweatshirt I wanted to buy but they didn't have my size. Was looking for some universal parts too but most vendors just had leathergoods, helmets, etc. Very few pegs, grips etc. End result, bought a couple of leather belts. Did not eat or drink there. If I want to pay that kind of money for nourishment I'll go to a sporting event. Had a great meal later not too far away for $23.

@BKnight Zets? And there wasn't much there Friday either.

That's what the camo is for.
Btw, when did 8 bit pixelated camo become a thing?

I noticed it first as a colour scheme on the CB500X. It's probably something the cool kids liked a few years ago, then forgot. The KLR itself remains unchanged.

Back
Top Bottom