What did you buy from the motorcycle supershow ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you buy from the motorcycle supershow ?

Royal Distributing has some ECE2205 compliant full face helmets for 100 bucks. Flip down internal sun shade, and they seem pretty comfortable, so I bought one.

Don't really need anything so I couldn't find anything that jumped out at me as a must buy opportunity. However; there was something there for everyone.

Was looking for gloves, but didn't find anything that I liked. (Or at a price I liked ) mind you, this was with 2 kids in tow. Totally forgot to look for a pinlock visor.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Bought a nice leather riding jacket from one of the leather shops, some patches, a handful of little things...and oddly enough, a TENS machine. Yeah, not something I would have expected to bring home from a motorcycle show, but I had a sore back, they were doing demos, my back felt 99% better afterwards, and I bought one. We have insurance coverage for it, bonus.

I've all too much familiarity with TENS machines, but I didn't realize they could be had for the $200 price range now and are so bloody tiny. This thing is about 1/4 the size of an original iPhone, charges via USB, lasts forever (I've been using it all day on what little charge it had in it) and it's still showing 3/4 battery.

What Joe said. Went with a shopping list on gloves but didn't find much. Was disappointed in GP's glove selection. Was hoping to get an idea of fit before doing any purchasing at the show or later in store or online but didn't find much. Parts Canada had 1/2 a pair of one of the ones I'm interested in. Too bad they were stuck on a display hook and way too small in either the gauntlet or shorty version so no fitment test was possible........

Bought some Dainese gauntlet gloves from GP Bikes, for $230 taxes in. I like them, tried them on in the store, but for some reason its hurting my left pinky on the hand I didnt try on in the booth ( of course). Will wait 2 days retry them, if not will exchange for another pair.

Bought a nice leather riding jacket from one of the leather shops, some patches, a handful of little things...and oddly enough, a TENS machine. Yeah, not something I would have expected to bring home from a motorcycle show, but I had a sore back, they were doing demos, my back felt 99% better afterwards, and I bought one. We have insurance coverage for it, bonus.

I've all too much familiarity with TENS machines, but I didn't realize they could be had for the $200 price range now and are so bloody tiny. This thing is about 1/4 the size of an original iPhone, charges via USB, lasts forever (I've been using it all day on what little charge it had in it) and it's still showing 3/4 battery.

out of curiosity got any info on what make and model the TENS machine is? 2 pads or 4?
ive got 2 of them that were in the $5-700 range, one uses 9 volt and 1 uses 2 AA but in all honesty the Dr.Ho's which is about $130 does just as good of a job as my good ones...all are about the size of a smartphone but thicker.

99% of the stuff was street gloves, jackets and pants; no parts. Being a dirt/dual sport rider I found almost nothing I was looking for, most of which pretty basic. I wanted MX pants, jerseys, goggles but were no where to be seen. Royal's booth was pathetic and GP bikes had stupid pricing on everything. I too was looking for a set of gloves but found nothing for a decent price. If you wanted leather assless chaps, patches and HD crap this was definitely the show for you. I ended up with a padded dual sport jacket from Royal because of the no tax sale which was not bad at $150 and that's all.

I got to see and try on 3 of the 4 helmets I am considering... the Schuberth C3 Pro, the Shoei Neotec, the HJC RPHA Max were present, I could not find a Nolan 104 anywhere. I didn't buy anything though... they didn't have any colours I wanted in any of those models.

Does anyone recall seeing a Two-Wheel Motosports booth at the show? I looked but could not find.

There was a motorcycle show?

There was a motorcycle show?

Go for the motorcycle show, stay for the people watching. It was quite the gathering of SOA wanna be's and some actual 1%er's. Lot's of colors and M/C's I've never heard of.

Go for the motorcycle show, stay for the people watching. It was quite the gathering of SOA wanna be's and some actual 1%er's. Lot's of colors and M/C's I've never heard of.

No ****... I can't count how many Presidents, V-presidents, and Sgt-At-Arms for groups I've never heard about I saw walking around. The only groups I saw that I recognized were Abate, Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers, and a couple veteran groups.

I've never seen so many patch wearers at the show before... SOA must have started a trend.

Oh... and a lot of Prospects wandering around too... of all ages (saw a guy that must have been near 60 with a prospect patch on his vest).

Last edited:
I forgot, I did buy a GTAM tshirt in super-fat-guy-size.

I forgot, I did buy a GTAM tshirt in super-fat-guy-size.

Hoping to grow into it?

Pilot Road 2 for the FZ09 - 330 all in
Michelin-PiPo2CT_DxO.jpg-V-MRD-Sport_%24%7B12073108%7D.jpg.1689701.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom