How much is this ninja 250 worth? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How much is this ninja 250 worth?

What is a fair market price for the motorcycle described below?

• less than $1600

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • $1600-$1800

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • $1800-$2000

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • $2000-$2200

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • $2200-$2400

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • $2400+

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Not sure/Not enough info

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Matty8

In your opinion, what is a fair price for this 2012 ninja 250, with 14,000km. Crash damage on right side as highlighted in pictures.

Q9nGG30.jpg

bDZSVo5.jpg

ySDzafA.jpg

3wSfyL6.jpg

WaqJ8H1.jpg

Last edited:
Voted 1600-1800, but really not enough info. For whatever reason, people seem to overvalue the old 250R for reasons I don't understand. That said, having 14,000km means it has some mileage on it (not a garage queen), and the fact it has been down could mean a new rider, so who knows how well it was treated (esp clutch/transmission) and how well it was maintained.

The big problem is the extent of the damage, too many 250/300 bikes out there that are clean to pay too much for one that's rashed.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

The big problem is the extent of the damage, too many 250/300 bikes out there that are clean to pay too much for one that's rashed.

So how much is it worth like that? OP seems to be okay with the extent of damage.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I won't pay anymore than $1500....with a little more $$ definitely you should be able to get one in better cond.

I won't pay anymore than $1500....with a little more $$ definitely you should be able to get one in better cond.
Yeah, that's about what I'm thinking.

Isn't what it's worth, supposed to be what an undamaged one is worth, minus what it would cost to repair it to that condition?

I'm not sure what those fairings go for, but it might put the bike underwater to replace them, so it's only worth what someone who doesn't want to fix them, or can repair them on the cheap will pay.

Was the bike written off by insurance, or did the owner never go through with a claim?
How did it get fixed, and by whom?

It might be one of those things that could be worth $500 to someone, the owner might find the right buyer, or it may never leave until it's scrap.

Added one more picture to the bottom of the OP to give a better idea of the actual extent of the damage, I don't find it as noticeable in person as it is in the pictures either. Certainly not what I would consider a write off.

I voted under 1600. The fact that the 2013 and later ninja is a 300, is working against the seller. If the bike showed 9,000 or less km's I would have went 1600-1800.

Tough sell with the cracked fairing, but it's still a striking bike that looks a lot better than the average, older Ninja 250 listed on Kijiji. Ima say $2k.

Fix it, clean it up, and you'll get closer to 1600-2000 for it.

As is? 1000-1500, depending on the buyer and how quickly you need to get rid of it.

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. In the spring it may be able to sell to a noob. A good salesman might play up the damage by saying "This powderpuff is experienced in all positions. You don't have to worry about it when you drop it...she's been there!" :)

623198a25feebac725c544158b18c028.jpg

Ask more than you expect and accept the first reasonable offer.

Grab a polisher. most of the upper scratches will come right out.

Not including the exhaust the damage is about 800 for all new parts.

So find similar bikes with similar KM, take the price they are been sold at and reduce it by 700 and then be ready to take another 300 out of the price while in negotiations

So about 1700 tops in order to get 1500.

IMO you will not recuperate the investments if you fix the bike to sell.

Last edited:
The consensus of opinion seems to be $1600 to $1800.
My positon in situations like this is to ask for $2000 and take the first offer over $1600.

Back
Top Bottom