Got my Renewal Paper ... My insurance went down !!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got my Renewal Paper ... My insurance went down !!!

Re: Got my Renewal Paper (2016) ... My insurance went down !!!

I moved to B-town as a compromise location between my parents (sauga) and her parents (vaughan)... having lived here for 6 months I haven't seen any real issues with living here. What's everyone's problem with it ?
I lived in Brampton for 11 years. They say all roads lead to brampton....and they are all jammed all the time. I think the biggest problem is it grew too big too fast. Nothing kept pace. There's also the gang issue. And from what I've seen lately, the price of homes has increased exponentially.
Just curious, where in Brampton? (Pm if you don't want to post. Or tell me to eff off. ?)

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I lived in Brampton for 11 years. They say all roads lead to brampton....and they are all jammed all the time. I think the biggest problem is it grew too big too fast. Nothing kept pace. There's also the gang issue. And from what I've seen lately, the price of homes has increased exponentially.
Just curious, where in Brampton? (Pm if you don't want to post. Or tell me to eff off. ��)

I moved within about 5 or 7 minutes radius around Mt Pleasant Go station ... (which is at Mississauga Road / Bovaird) ... I'm actually I think equal distance from Georgetown as I am to Brampton Downtown...

I moved within about 5 or 7 minutes radius around Mt Pleasant Go station ... (which is at Mississauga Road / Bovaird) ... I'm actually I think equal distance from Georgetown as I am to Brampton Downtown...
I will be honest, I haven't been out that way for a long time. I'm usually just around Shopper's World.
Hearing that there are different rates for different parts of Brampton is news to me. I thought they go by first letter and # of postal code. All of Brampton is L6xxxx iirc.

I will be honest, I haven't been out that way for a long time. I'm usually just around Shopper's World.
Hearing that there are different rates for different parts of Brampton is news to me. I thought they go by first letter and # of postal code. All of Brampton is L6xxxx iirc.

I've never been to shoppers world ... we've lived here 6 months and i've never actually been 'IN' Brampton. We transit in and out of it on the fringe. My parents live straight down Mississauga Road so we frequently use it to go north / south and we travel Mayfield towards Hwy 50 and towards Vaughan to her parents. Other then shopping on Bovaird we haven't found Brampton to be any different then Mississauga.

I've never been to shoppers world ... we've lived here 6 months and i've never actually been 'IN' Brampton. We transit in and out of it on the fringe. My parents live straight down Mississauga Road so we frequently use it to go north / south and we travel Mayfield towards Hwy 50 and towards Vaughan to her parents. Other then shopping on Bovaird we haven't found Brampton to be any different then Mississauga.
You're not missing much lol. Vaughan is nice. But I'm a little biased. #WoodbridgeRepresent
My hood was supposed to be designated as Kleinburg. Would have lowered my insurance premiums.

You're not missing much lol. Vaughan is nice. But I'm a little biased. #WoodbridgeRepresent
My hood was supposed to be designated as Kleinburg. Would have lowered my insurance premiums.

I lived in Woodbridge for about 18 months and I didn't find anything special about it ... I lived at Hwy 7 and Kipling area. the only thing cool was seeing the Lambo's everyday LOL !!

That's my understanding as well and my beef with rating only on the first 3 digits especially in Brampton

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Double post

Last edited:

Used to live in brampton moved 7 years ago couldnt get out fast enough..... being a pasty white folk there is no way I would want to live somewhere being a minority. What made my mind up was dropping kids off at the school bus stop they were the only white kids amongst 30 children and this was a new subdivision with bigger single homes.
For an example of the aspiring youth in the area close by you at edmund rice high school they used to have officers patrol the interior of the school every day all day has been multiple shooting stabbings and just mayhem with lots of Robberries drugs all the jane and finch riff raff were moved out to brampton 7 to 10 years ago to relocate in order to tear down the jane finch corrido to rebuild the government housing buildings. Brampton has the worst infastructure they build homes and sudivisions and collect taxes for many years then build up roads and areas around so you are paying full property taxes with sub par services like bus your kids to school because no local school built yet or community centre not built yet and firehall and so on. Lets not even mention insurance rates and the the drivers wowzers.
There is a reason houses new or old sell cheaper then every where else in the burbs and everyone knows it when people would ask where I live I would say CALEDON cause I was embarressed. Son played AAA hockey and top level soccer and all the other places we went dreaded playing brampton nutso players and parents constantly screaming and fighting each other and opposing team and parents.
Its obvious cant stand brampton and dont miss it one bit but hope it works out for you ☺

Last edited:

Double post
(Quoted this post b/c shorter)
The Jane/Finch thing moving to Brampton goes back to the late 80's. About 5 or 6 buddies from back invthe day all went to Emery. They said the guidance counselors broughy each family in and told them they should move far away. Like to Brampton, to give their kids a chance to get away from gangs etc. They were sure that the same story was told to at least 20 families. So the whole gang packed up and went to Brampton. (not as a group, but you know what I mean ). When I got married I moved to Mississauga because I felt it had the most diverse population. I got sick of living in a condo so we looked for a house. Found a place in Mississauga and found the same house in Woodbridge. For $20k more it had better upgrades and 2x the lot size. Downfall? All these bloody wops. ? But seriously, about half the kids in each of my kids' classes are Italian, the rest are all different nationalities. I probably wouldn't like to have been here 20 years ago when it was 90% Italian.

(Quoted this post b/c shorter)
The Jane/Finch thing moving to Brampton goes back to the late 80's. About 5 or 6 buddies from back invthe day all went to Emery. They said the guidance counselors broughy each family in and told them they should move far away. Like to Brampton, to give their kids a chance to get away from gangs etc. They were sure that the same story was told to at least 20 families. So the whole gang packed up and went to Brampton. (not as a group, but you know what I mean ). When I got married I moved to Mississauga because I felt it had the most diverse population. I got sick of living in a condo so we looked for a house. Found a place in Mississauga and found the same house in Woodbridge. For $20k more it had better upgrades and 2x the lot size. Downfall? All these bloody wops.  But seriously, about half the kids in each of my kids' classes are Italian, the rest are all different nationalities. I probably wouldn't like to have been here 20 years ago when it was 90% Italian.

Got out perfect time my older son was 14 and it ended up his best friend was that kid driving drunk that killed that newspaper lady 5 years ago or so that was all over the news ...but ya I was very concerned about my boys and their future. Love it here in Oakville new hospital 2 streets away whole area building up along with values.
Son has great friends and is doin great last year in high school getting chaffeured around in his friends mercedes. Lol

Its funny how you being Italian dont really like their own. I feel same way the porkchops are the worst.

Got out perfect time my older son was 14 and it ended up his best friend was that kid driving drunk that killed that newspaper lady 5 years ago or so that was all over the news ...but ya I was very concerned about my boys and their future. Love it here in Oakville new hospital 2 streets away whole area building up along with values.
Son has great friends and is doin great last year in high school getting chaffeured around in his friends mercedes. Lol

Its funny how you being Italian dont really like their own. I feel same way the porkchops are the worst.
That area of Oakville is really nice. Well, I think most of Oakville is. Damn pricey now though. MIL moved into some new condos there recently. Oaville was on our short list, but we could only afford a town for what we paid for a detached. (We were looking at Joshua's Creek area.) Bonus for you is that Oakville has much better insurance rates than most of the gta.
And re the Italian thing...it's not that I don't like them. I love Italians. It's just when there are too many of xx it gets to be trying. And there is a serious case of keeping up with the Joneses up here. Good thing IDGAF about impressions. And before @inreb says it's pretty obvious once you've met me.....?

Joe Bass the relocate thing was mayor Susan Fennel arranged something toronto in the relocation jane finch corridor and regent park. This was as recent as say 10 years ago not sure of the details but a good friend is a real estate agent and broker which is how I found out.

To keep with the thread title my insurance went down 40% after moving from brampton

Joe Bass the relocate thing was mayor Susan Fennel arranged something toronto in the relocation jane finch corridor and regent park. This was as recent as say 10 years ago not sure of the details but a good friend is a real estate agent and broker which is how I found out.
That is another X for Brampton that I forgot. ..the mayor.
I didn't realize there was an actual plan for those moves. I just saw that happening first hand when I couldn't figure out how all my bredren acted like they'd known each other for years when we all just moved there. Then I found out they all grew up together.

To keep with the thread title my insurance went down 40% after moving from brampton
This.

Hey Joe, I live in an L7xxxx area so what you say about postal codes is not entirely true ... L7xxxxx is part of Brampton :
http://www.onthedouble.net/pages/8 - GTA_ZONES_POSTAL_CODES.htm#1 - BRAMPTON

But when I look up Georgetown, I see they are L7 ... so I guess the insurance company may have lumped my L7 code in with the more rural Georgetown folks... SCORE! lol ... I guess being closer to Georgetown downtown versus Brampton downtown from my house(according to googlemaps) gave me cheaper insurance. No complaints here.

Georgetown Post Office :
https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/...ostOfficeDetail?LOCALE=en&outletId=0000331821

Back
Top Bottom