The end is nigh... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The end is nigh...

This video is a must to watch. The lecturer is Ivan Giaever a Nobel Prize Winner. You be the judge ...

[video=youtube;Dk60CUkf3Kw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk60CUkf3Kw[/video]

He's a former shill for Philip Morris. And his Nobel was for research in semiconductors--nothing whatsoever to do with climate science. He's currently affiliated with The Heartland Institute, a conservative, libertarian think tank.

According to NASA, 97 percent of the world's client scientists are in agreement on this issue. This guy is an outlier.

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

I guess he doesn't know what a hell he is talking about ... all those years of scientific work, research, experience and being awarded with Nobel prize is a cover up of a one true charlatan and nonsense preacher. We should better study Al's work and listen some of his enlightenment speeches.
What does tunneling phenomena in superconductors have to do with environmental changes?

It's like saying, you are a good racer, you must make a good Pie.

Not any more. He was asked to step down because of the conflict of interest. It amazes me how this guy fishes people in, and most of them are fairly intelligent. Bass Pro Shops sell a good squeeze out hook remover :)

This is getting way side-tracked, but according to the National Post, he says he stepped down because Ottawa and the CRA are cracking down on charities that are too "politically active". Whateverthehell that means. Do they mean, like, lobbying the government? hmm.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...undation-from-bully-charitable-status-threats

In any case, perhaps the moderators didn't post your question because they didn't/don't have access to the answer you were looking for? Was the question relevant to the topic? Can you share a link to the topic on which you intended to post the question?

What I'm actually saying is that I firmly believe that, compared to a natural progression involving gasses that contribute to global warming, humans have had an impact mainly due to exploitation of fossil fuels and possibly also mass deforestation. What that means in terms of impact on our daily lives and a timeline is up for debate but there is a timeline and there will be an impact on our daily lives. I tend to think of this like the frog in a pan of water heated to boiling point compared to the frog thrown into already boiling water....in one of these cases the danger is absolutely apparent immediately, in the other it's only apparent when it's too late.

That's fair. I'm just sensitive to people saying 'if you don't believe in A then you must be a B'. If that's not what you were implying then there's no problem and my bad for the interpretation.

It's like a religion.
One broader cause to solve all the problems you want it to solve. So you get more people behind it. Get more traction and power. So even if a cause/problem isn't that important to you, if you see that it gets solved, because it's under the same umbrella, it'll give you hope that your specific cause might get the same resolution/closure.

If anyone has seen book of Eli,that's concept. They try to find a 'bible' every decade to get people to follow.

Yea I agree and that's exactly what I'm against.

Not to stick my nose in the middle of your debate but I just want to point out that your response is typical of what I was describing. Why is it that not blindly buying into "global warming" means that I must believe humans aren't having any effect on our environment? At least for me it's quite the opposite. I just don't think there's compelling enough evidence to support the notion of "global warming" as an imminent threat. Doesn't mean I don't care. My beef is with this questionable claim not the idealism behind it (unless that idealism is money).

"Not to stick my nose in the middle of your argument, but I'm gonna stick my nose in the middle of your argument" :p haha

Global warming could be natural and made worse by humans - both are plausible and proven theories, however, global warming is coincident with rising sea levels, and rising sea levels will directly impact our existence here as there are a lot of humans taking residence near shorelines. The melting polar ice caps will also have huge effects on sea currents and the jet stream, resulting in weather patterns and natural phenomenon (read: disasters) we haven't seen before, and are therefore hard to predict because (as Rockerguy pointed out) we've only been recording Earth temp data for just over 100 years... it will impact us, but I don't think it'll wipe us off the planet.

I think the only major push right now is for us humans to reduce our environmental impact; CO2 (greenhouse effect), COx and NOx gases, water pollution and garbage pollution because we HAVE undoubtedly ****ed **** up here... not just with air pollution.

Human reduction of Greenhouse gases will only save a couple of degrees in the overall global warming. The Earth cooling and warming is normal, we just happen to be in the warming phase. It's gonna happen, what are you going to do abut it? Me, I live way higher up from the shoreline. When it's all done I should have waterfront property.

According to NASA, 97 percent of the world's client scientists are in agreement on this issue. This guy is an outlier.

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Of course if NASA says so then in must be true huh?

PS, did it ever occur to the general populace that the "outliers" in the remaining 3% are simple those that aren't lemmings...

And for an outlier rebuttal:

Prominent Scientists Declare Climate Claims Ahead of UN Summit ‘Irrational’ – ‘Based On Nonsense’ – ‘Leading us down a false path’

MIT Climate Scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen: 'Demonization of CO2 is irrational at best and even modest warming is mostly beneficial.' - 'When someone says this is the warmest temperature on record. What are they talking about? It’s just nonsense. This is a very tiny change period.'

Princeton Physicist Dr. Will Happer: 'Policies to slow CO2 emissions are really based on nonsense. We are being led down a false path. To call carbon dioxide a pollutant is really Orwellian. You are calling something a pollutant that we all produce. Where does that lead us eventually?'

Greenpeace Co-Founder Dr. Patrick Moore: 'We are dealing with pure political propaganda that has nothing to do with science.'

By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotNovember 19, 2015 6:10 PM with 362 comments

Note: CFACT’s new skeptical documentary, Climate Hustle, is set to rock the UN climate summit with red carpet’world premiere in Paris.

#

Embedded image permalink

From Left to Right: Dr. Will Happer, Dr. Richard Lindzen & Dr. Patrick Moore

AUSTIN, Texas – A team of prominent scientists gathered in Texas today at a climate summit to declare that fears of man-made global warming were “irrational” and “based on nonsense” that “had nothing to do with science.” They warned that “we are being led down a false path” by the upcoming UN climate summit in Paris.

The scientists appeared at a climate summit sponsored by the Texas Public Policy Foundation. The summit in Austin was titled: “At the Crossroads: Energy & Climate Policy Summit.”

Climate Scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen, an emeritus Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at the Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences at MIT, derided what he termed climate “catastrophism.”

“Demonization of CO2 is irrational at best and even modest warming is mostly beneficial,” Lindzen said.

Lindzen cautioned: “The most important thing to keep in mind is – when you ask ‘is it warming, is it cooling’, etc. — is that we are talking about something tiny (temperature changes) and that is the crucial point.”

Lindzen also challenged the oft-repeated UN IPCC claim that most of warming over past 50 years was due to mankind.

“People get excited over this. Is this statement alarming? No,” Lindzen stated.

“We are speaking of small changes 0.25 Celcius would be about 51% of the recent warming and that strongly suggests a low and inconsequential climate sensitivity – meaning no problem at all,” Lindzen explained.

“I urge you when looking at a graph, check the scales! The uncertainty here is tenths of a degree,” he noted.

“When someone points to this and says this is the warmest temperature on record. What are they talking about? It’s just nonsense. This is a very tiny change period. And they are arguing over hundredths of a degree when it is uncertain in tenths of a degree,” Lindzen said.

“And the proof that the uncertainty is tenths of a degree are the adjustments that are being made. If you can adjust temperatures to 2/10ths of a degree, it means it wasn’t certain to 2/10ths of a degree,” he said. (Also See: Scientists balk at ‘hottest year’ claims: Ignores Satellites showing 18 Year ‘Pause’ – ‘We are arguing over the significance of hundredths of a degree’ – The ‘Pause’ continues)

“The UN IPCC wisely avoided making the claim that 51% of a small change in temperature constitutes a problem. They left this to the politicians and anyone who took the bait,” he said.

Lindzen noted that National Academy of Sciences president Dr. Ralph Cicerone has even admitted that there is no evidence for a catastrophic claims of man-made global warming. See: Backing away from climate alarm? NAS Pres. Ralph Cicerone says ‘we don’t have that kind of evidence’ to claim we are ‘going to fry’ from AGW

Lindzen also featured 2006 quotes from Scientist Dr. Miike Hulme, Professor of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia, and Director of the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, admitting that claims of a climate catastrophe were not the “language of science.”

“The discourse of catastrophe is a campaigning device,” Hulme wrote to the BBC in 2006. “The language of catastrophe is not the language of science. To state that climate change will be ‘catastrophic’ hides a cascade of value-laden assumptions which do not emerge from empirical or theoretical science,” Hulme wrote.

“Is any amount of climate change catastrophic? Catastrophic for whom, for where, and by when? What index is being used to measure the catastrophe?” Hulme continued.

Lindzen singled out Secretary of State John Kerry for his ‘ignorance’ on science.

“John Kerry stands alone,” Lindzen said. “Kerry expresses his ignorance of what science is,” he added.

Lindzen also criticized EPA Chief Gina McCarthy’s education: “I don’t want to be snobbish, but U Mass Boston is not a very good school,” he said to laughter.

Lindzen concluded his talk by saying: “Learn how to identify claims that have no alarming implications and free to say ‘So what?’”

Princeton Physicist Dr. Will Happer, who has authored over 200 peer-reviewed papers, called policies to reduce CO2 “based on nonsense.”

“Policies to slow CO2 emissions are really based on nonsense. They are all based on computer models that do not work. We are being led down a false path.

“Our breath is not that different from a power plant,” he continued.

“To call carbon dioxide a pollutant is really Orwellian. You are calling something a pollutant that we all produce. Where does that lead us eventually?” he asked.

“Coal, formed from ancient CO2, is a benefit to the world. Coal is CO2 from ancient atmospheres. We are simply returning CO2 to the atmosphere from which it came when you burn coal. And it’s a good thing since it is at very low levels in the atmosphere. We are in a CO2 famine. It is very, very low,” Happer explained.

Happer continued: “CO2 will be beneficial and crop yields will increase.” “More CO2 will be a very significant benefit to agriculture,” he added.

Happer then showed a picture of polluted air in China with the caption: “Real pollution in Shanghai.”

“If you can see it, it’s not CO2,” Happer said.

“If plants could vote, they would vote for coal,” Happer declared.

Happer also rebutted the alleged 97% consensus.

“97% of scientists have often been wrong on many things,” he said.

Ecologist and Greenpeace founding member Dr. Patrick Moore discussed the benefits of rising carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

“Let’s celebrate CO2!” Moore declared.

Embedded image permalink

“We know for absolute certain that carbon dioxide is the stuff of life, the foundation for life on earth,” Moore said.

“We are dealing with pure political propaganda that has nothing to do with science,” he continued.

“The deserts are greening from rising CO2,” he added.

“Co2 has provided the basis of life for at least 3.5 billion years,” Moore said.

Read more: http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/11/...#ixzz3s2nfEbHg

http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/11/...-a-false-path/

Global warming could be natural and made worse by humans - both are plausible and proven theories,

Proven by whom?

Burning fossil fuels cools planet.....wait what? I thought NASA said we were all going to hell for burning fuel because it'll warm the planet?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/628...anet-says-NASA

From the land of settled science.....

Burning fossil fuels and cutting down trees causes global COOLING, a shock new NASA study has found.

Fossil fuel burning gives of aerosols which reflect sunlight
Major theories about what causes temperatures to rise have been thrown into doubt after NASA found the Earth has cooled in areas of heavy industrialisation where more trees have been lost and more fossil fuel burning takes place.

Environmentalists have long argued the burning of fossil fuels in power stations and for other uses is responsible for global warming and predicted temperature increases because of the high levels of carbon dioxide produced - which causes the global greenhouse effect.

While the findings did not dispute the effects of carbon dioxide on global warming, they found aerosols - also given off by burning fossil fuels - actually cool the local environment, at least temporarily.

The research was carried out to see if current climate change models for calculating future temperatures were taking into account all factors and were accurate.

A NASA spokesman said: "To quantify climate change, researchers need to know the Transient Climate Response (TCR) and Equilibrium Climate Sensitivity (ECS) of Earth.

"Both values are projected global mean surface temperature changes in response to doubled atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations but on different timescales.

"TCR is characteristic of short-term predictions, up to a century out, while ECS looks centuries further into the future, when the entire climate system has reached equilibrium and temperatures have stabilised."

The spokesman said it was "well known" that aerosols such as those emitted in volcanic eruptions and power stations, act to cool Earth, at least temporarily, by reflecting solar radiation away from the planet.

He added: "In a similar fashion, land use changes such as deforestation in northern latitudes result in bare land that increases reflected sunlight."

Kate Marvel, a climatologist at GISS and the paper’s lead author, said the results showed the "complexity" of estimating future global temperatures.

She said: “Take sulfate aerosols, which are created from burning fossil fuels and contribute to atmospheric cooling.

“They are more or less confined to the northern hemisphere, where most of us live and emit pollution.

"There’s more land in the northern hemisphere, and land reacts quicker than the ocean does to these atmospheric changes.

"Because earlier studies do not account for what amounts to a net cooling effect for parts of the northern hemisphere, predictions for TCR and ECS have been lower than they should be."

The study found existing models for climate change had been too simplistic and did not account for these factors.

The spokesman said: "There have been many attempts to determine TCR and ECS values based on the history of temperature changes over the last 150 years and the measurements of important climate drivers, such as carbon dioxide.

"As part of that calculation, researchers have relied on simplifying assumptions when accounting for the temperature impacts of climate drivers other than carbon dioxide, such as tiny particles in the atmosphere known as aerosols, for example.

Climate scientist Gavin Schmidt, the director of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York and a co-author on the study, published in the journal Nature Climate Change, said: "The assumptions made to account for these drivers are too simplistic and result in incorrect estimates of TCR and ECS.

“The problem with that approach is that it falls way short of capturing the individual regional impacts of each of those variables,” he said, adding that only within the last ten years has there been enough available data on aerosols to abandon the simple assumption and instead attempt detailed calculations.

But, rather than being good news, NASA has concluded the lack of taking these factors into account means existing climate change models have underestimated at the future impact on global temperatures will be.

And here NASA is saying our north/south poles are cooling:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...NG-six-years-Arctic-north-pole-climate-change

Oh, NASA says Antarctic sea ice is now growing:

http://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

I'm confused, or maybe, just maybe, MMGW is not about protecting our climate at all but about something completely different.....

For those who are climate change alarmists, don't read this bloggers article on climate change deniers, for the rest of us who need a nice chuckle:

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/climate-change-deniers-are-completely-insane/

Last edited:

From the article you posted:

But it might only take a few decades for Antarctica’s growth to reverse, according to Zwally. “If the losses of the Antarctic Peninsula and parts of West Antarctica continue to increase at the same rate they’ve been increasing for the last two decades, the losses will catch up with the long-term gain in East Antarctica in 20 or 30 years -- I don’t think there will be enough snowfall increase to offset these losses.”

“The good news is that Antarctica is not currently contributing to sea level rise, but is taking 0.23 millimeters per year away,” Zwally said. “But this is also bad news. If the 0.27 millimeters per year of sea level rise attributed to Antarctica in the IPCC report is not really coming from Antarctica, there must be some other contribution to sea level rise that is not accounted for.”

The end is approaching !! :

[video=youtube;hC3VTgIPoGU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC3VTgIPoGU[/video]

Trust Snobike Mike or trust NASA.....how can I possibly work this morning dealing with this dilemma?

Trust Snobike Mike or trust NASA.....how can I possibly work this morning dealing with this dilemma?

Which koolaid are you drinking from NASA? The "we're warming and it's all our fault and it must stop", or "it's cooling and it's all our fault and it must stop"?

Proven by whom?

Burning fossil fuels cools planet.....wait what? I thought NASA said we were all going to hell for burning fuel because it'll warm the planet?

And here NASA is saying our north/south poles are cooling:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...NG-six-years-Arctic-north-pole-climate-change

Oh, NASA says Antarctic sea ice is now growing:

http://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

I'm confused, or maybe, just maybe, MMGW is not about protecting our climate at all but about something completely different.....

For those who are climate change alarmists, don't read this bloggers article on climate change deniers, for the rest of us who need a nice chuckle:

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/climate-change-deniers-are-completely-insane/

Totally right ...

So what have we learned today?

The scientific process can never be wrong (except when it disagrees with the status quo), and if sheeple believe something it's automatically invalidated.

"Trusted" data on which to create hysteria......

When future generations look back on the global-warming scare of the past 30 years, nothing will shock them more than the extent to which the official temperature records – on which the entire panic ultimately rested – were systematically “adjusted” to show the Earth as having warmed much more than the actual data justified.

Two weeks ago, under the headline “How we are being tricked by flawed data on global warming”, I wrote about Paul Homewood, who, on his Notalotofpeopleknowthat blog, had checked the published temperature graphs for three weather stations in Paraguay against the temperatures that had originally been recorded. In each instance, the actual trend of 60 years of data had been dramatically reversed, so that a cooling trend was changed to one that showed a marked warming.

This was only the latest of many examples of a practice long recognised by expert observers around the world – one that raises an ever larger question mark over the entire official surface-temperature record.

Following my last article, Homewood checked a swathe of other South American weather stations around the original three. In each case he found the same suspicious one-way “adjustments”. First these were made by the US government’s Global Historical Climate Network (GHCN). They were then amplified by two of the main official surface records, the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (Giss) and the National Climate Data Center (NCDC), which use the warming trends to estimate temperatures across the vast regions of the Earth where no measurements are taken. Yet these are the very records on which scientists and politicians rely for their belief in “global warming”.

President Barack Obama will use the report as evidence for action as he tries to move ahead with policies on climate change before leaving office in 2017

Homewood has now turned his attention to the weather stations across much of the Arctic, between Canada (51 degrees W) and the heart of Siberia (87 degrees E). Again, in nearly every case, the same one-way adjustments have been made, to show warming up to 1 degree C or more higher than was indicated by the data that was actually recorded. This has surprised no one more than Traust Jonsson, who was long in charge of climate research for the Iceland met office (and with whom Homewood has been in touch). Jonsson was amazed to see how the new version completely “disappears” Iceland’s “sea ice years” around 1970, when a period of extreme cooling almost devastated his country’s economy.

One of the first examples of these “adjustments” was exposed in 2007 by the statistician Steve McIntyre, when he discovered a paper published in 1987 by James Hansen, the scientist (later turned fanatical climate activist) who for many years ran Giss. Hansen’s original graph showed temperatures in the Arctic as having been much higher around 1940 than at any time since. But as Homewood reveals in his blog post, “Temperature adjustments transform Arctic history”, Giss has turned this upside down. Arctic temperatures from that time have been lowered so much that that they are now dwarfed by those of the past 20 years.

Homewood’s interest in the Arctic is partly because the “vanishing” of its polar ice (and the polar bears) has become such a poster-child for those trying to persuade us that we are threatened by runaway warming. But he chose that particular stretch of the Arctic because it is where ice is affected by warmer water brought in by cyclical shifts in a major Atlantic current – this last peaked at just the time 75 years ago when Arctic ice retreated even further than it has done recently. The ice-melt is not caused by rising global temperatures at all.

Of much more serious significance, however, is the way this wholesale manipulation of the official temperature record – for reasons GHCN and Giss have never plausibly explained – has become the real elephant in the room of the greatest and most costly scare the world has known. This really does begin to look like one of the greatest scientific scandals of all time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/eart...ndal-ever.html

i find well to do folks by far the biggest (to say the least) skeptics

Last edited:
Since i have some time to make some waves in the pool today.....

space may be the final frontier, but it's made in a hollywood basement (Red Hot Chili Peppers)

NASA, the greatest con ever, how else are we going to explain where TRILLIONS of dollars got spent?
Making you believe you are trapped on a spinning ball in space, so you don't try to find the sky or the edge.
After all those "space" missions, we have yet to see any real pictures of earth, or better yet, a full 360 degree pan shot showing us the sun and moon, and incredibly, not one of these "images" they feed us show even one satellite of the thousands floating around our earth.
Maybe this will help, lets put the shuttle names in a sentence.
-The Enterprise called Columbia will Endeavor to Discover the lost city of Atlantis - All Challengers will be destroyed. (and it was)

Now i guess everyone will be a little upset when they find out where that space money, war money was spent, (and the missing trillions from the budget that they cannot account for since all the records were in the exact spot in the pentagon where the bunker buster cruise missile hit, ooops i let the cat out of the bag)
How mad will the people be when they find out there is an elite breakaway civilization that controls everything we do as they rob us before they kill us?
I assume everyone knows they have over 100 deep underground military bunker cities across north america, all linked by mag-lev trains, fully stocked and ready to survive. Al Gore has his underground pass, do you?
Has anyone bothered to google the Georgia Guidestones?
We had a horse and a cart for thousands of years and suddenly in the last 60 years we are flying in "space"?
Think we are at the height of technology now? Not even close, you have to look into the past to find that out, not the future.
These are the secrets being kept from you. Yes, on purpose, for an evil reason.

Wake up, Wake up, stop wasting time watching fantasy shows like "The Cosmos" and learn something real.
Knowledge is power, that's why we're losing, too busy being programmed with lies to see the truth.
Know your enemy or get off the battle field, no room for ignorant fools when dealing with evil minds.
That's why they are the "Illuminated" ones and we aren't.
If you are too lazy to research any occult, esoteric, satanic, kabalistic, biblical subjects, you will remain stupid until it's too late.
Think this is all crazy? Then go back to sleep, you are so smart for listening to liars, believing anything they say instead of checking for yourself, remain in denial. You ain't sen nothing yet, but you will.
Is there even more to this? Hell yes, we haven't even scraped the surface, it would require several new threads.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nasa+lies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTqmcvdm4hM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvL-xegSpU
th

I thought mind bending drugs would be more expensive and less available with the $CDN doing so badly against the $US.

Back
Top Bottom