Renewal Suprize | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Renewal Suprize

The Personal should insure the FZ-09 dirt cheap. I have my FZ1 with them and will probably switch to the -09 this season.

Wow, you're right. Thanks! I just finished calling them for a quote. Roughly $550/year. I can't believe the difference. They won't insure a CBR but they'll charge me almost $1000 less a year for the FZ-09 over TD MM. Crazy.

The Personal should insure the FZ-09 dirt cheap. I have my FZ1 with them and will probably switch to the -09 this season.
I'll try when im looking at the FZ07 cause but with my cb500xa they quoted me 3100.

Thank you car driving accident 6 years ago

My 2010 GSXR 750 and my 2014 FZ09 were pretty much the same insurance with State Farm.
My wife and I are with TD MM and just received my renewal. It looks like anything considered sport bike will see a significant increase this year, but non sport bikes get a break :

2015 / 2016

$366 / $330 - 02 Vespa (150cc ET4)
$660 / $550 - 08 Ducati 695
$750 / $980 - 08 CBR600RR

No tickets or claims, 40+, and the above pricing includes a multi bike discount.

I wanted to replace the CBR with an FZ-09 and they quoted me $1400/year. Yikes. Apparently it's consider a "hyper-sport", whatever that means.

The Personal has all my other insurance business but was unable to insure my CBR. Their rates for the Duc and Vespa were very competitive and are probably worth examining if you don't own a sport bike.

Been following this thread and holding my breath to no avail. Td from 700 last year to over 1100 this year.!!!!!!!!! No accidents no claims 61 years old for christ sakes riding a 15 year old vfr ! Decision time for me :-(

My 2010 GSXR 750 and my 2014 FZ09 were pretty much the same insurance with State Farm.

I was with State Farm previously. Their insurance rates for bikes was as good as the best rates I found elsewhere. However my car and house insurance rates were significantly more expensive than the rates offered by The Personal. When I talked to my State Farm broker and mentioned that I was going to move my car and insurance policies, he said it made sense to move the bikes at the same time as the rates are heavily discounted as part of the overall insurance policy. The non-discounted rates were almost twice as expensive with State Farm.

Wow, you're right. Thanks! I just finished calling them for a quote. Roughly $550/year. I can't believe the difference. They won't insure a CBR but they'll charge me almost $1000 less a year for the FZ-09 over TD MM. Crazy.

Good to hear. They won't touch sport bikes but the B-King and a couple other high hp bikes are ok. The bking is only sightly more, as it gets bumped into the over 1000cc bracket, same as the zrx...

I was with State Farm previously. Their insurance rates for bikes was as good as the best rates I found elsewhere. However my car and house insurance rates were significantly more expensive than the rates offered by The Personal. When I talked to my State Farm broker and mentioned that I was going to move my car and insurance policies, he said it made sense to move the bikes at the same time as the rates are heavily discounted as part of the overall insurance policy. The non-discounted rates were almost twice as expensive with State Farm.
Yea, my car was higher with State farm but my bike was significantly lower with SF so at the end my rate was overall lower until I called Aviva and now its significantly lower for both car and bike. I should have called the personal, as the quote you got is about 400 less than what I am paying for the FZ09

I called Chris (the broker recommended on Page 1). Unfortunately the two companies he uses can't insure me. Aviva won't insure an SS over 650cc (I have a Daytona 675) if riding experience is less than 4 years, and Intact doesn't insure sport bikes..

Anyone have any other recommendation for brokers/companies for new-ish riders like me? 3 years experience, 26 y/o with a Daytona 675.

I called Chris (the broker recommended on Page 1). Unfortunately the two companies he uses can't insure me. Aviva won't insure an SS over 650cc (I have a Daytona 675) if riding experience is less than 4 years, and Intact doesn't insure sport bikes..

Anyone have any other recommendation for brokers/companies for new-ish riders like me? 3 years experience, 26 y/o with a Daytona 675.

Send me a PM.

My boyfriend is with Statefarm (2011 Triumph Daytona 675, clean record, full M, 5 years riding experience). He is paying $1800/year full coverage. He just got his renewal and his new yearly rate as of March 2016 will be $7308.00/year - an increase of over $5500!! Mine will be coming soon and probably be around the same rate.

Just a heads up for anyone with Statefarm with an SS.

PS: Anyone want to buy a 2011 Daytona 675 & a 2008 Suzuki GSXR-600?

There are other options, shop around. You can't give up riding!

Try:
Christopher South, R.I.B. (Ont), CIP
Insurance Broker, SurNet Insurance Group Inc.
csouth@surnet.net
P: 416-546-8969
F: 866-491-4002

Last edited:
My boyfriend is with Statefarm (2011 Triumph Daytona 675, clean record, full M, 5 years riding experience). He is paying $1800/year full coverage. He just got his renewal and his new yearly rate as of March 2016 will be $7308.00/year - an increase of over $5500!! Mine will be coming soon and probably be around the same rate.

That is ******* criminal, holy ****. Times like these make me wish some rich guy would take these robbers to court and **** them over. I'm seething just reading that price increase...

Edit: Repeated post

Last edited:

Wow..hard to believe that much increase! Like zx600 mentioned shop around! Don't sale the bikes yet.

I got a nasty surprise this morning... Two weeks ago I was quoted $787/year for TD for full coverage on a '15 RC390. Today I called to go ahead with the quote as I purchased the bike yesterday, and it was now $1910!!!! That's literally more than double. Utterly ridiculous.

Allstate and RidersPlus weren't any better. Going to try The Personal tomorrow, they've been fairly cheap for my entire family's cars as well.

I got a nasty surprise this morning... Two weeks ago I was quoted $787/year for TD for full coverage on a '15 RC390. Today I called to go ahead with the quote as I purchased the bike yesterday, and it was now $1910!!!! That's literally more than double. Utterly ridiculous.

Allstate and RidersPlus weren't any better. Going to try The Personal tomorrow, they've been fairly cheap for my entire family's cars as well.

Isn't the quote guaranteed for a certain amount of time?

Chris the broker mentioned in this thread just quoted me $980/yr (with car and renters ins.) for my 09 daytona.
I'm currently paying $1700 with SF.

Got my surprise today: 26% increase !!!the bastids!!! I'll shop around, but I doubt I'll get a better price based on multi-line and membership discounts with TD MM :\

33, M, 6 years riding, Brampton, 2 minors, sv650

They're out to get us all!!

Back
Top Bottom