Renewal Suprize | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Renewal Suprize

My research example for 2016.

31yrs old.
Clean Record 10+ Years.
Full G Full M
2006 Honda CBR600F4i

Liability only. (Minimum coverage requested on telephone conversations on Jan 18)

TD = $1143 (30% flat increase) (Accident Benefits Increased directly from 669 to 942 = 40%increase!!!)
RBC = $1235
Surnet = $1500
StateFarm = $2235
Allstate = $750 but need to add 300$ renter policy. = $1050
*Allstate(30% discount on Motorcycle policy if you have other insurance)

+ New tires, new chain, new sprockets, new gear,etc. And I can't go enjoy the US as cheaply as before :p
Similar to my quotes..havent checked rbc though...maybe i should since i kinda work for them

I'm with State Farm. Got my renewal forms in the mail and saw I went from 1450 a year to 3128! I'm turning 30 this yr on an 09 gsxr600 no accidents no claims ever. Craziness

Hey froglet, what's happening!?

My insurance on my 2012 triumph street triple R went from 537 to 609 full coverage. My hayabusa went from 1004 to 1495 liability only. My 4 cars went down. My house insurance went up about 50 bucks.

55 year old female, M since around 1987, no claims, no tickets, northumberland county.

TD insurance.

I'm with State Farm. Got my renewal forms in the mail and saw I went from 1450 a year to 3128! I'm turning 30 this yr on an 09 gsxr600 no accidents no claims ever. Craziness

More than double..wtf! Something is not right!

They must have done some major re-evaluation of the calculations. After reading all this, I was holding my breath waiting for renewal quote. TDMM, 250cc dual sport bike. 30% reduction compared to last year. My record is not perfect, though it did not get worse over the last 12 months.

Just got my renewal from TD, 38, clean record, no accidents/tickets/claims, full M, Honda CB500X, increased from 600 per year to 890.... All things considered, not as bad as some of the other quotes in this thread, but I think I'm still going to shop around.

Any word on Dalton Timmis, and either Aviva

I just saved myself a BUNCH.

I had my BMW K1300S on TD, until this renewal jumped my rate from $2600 to $3400/year. My VFR800 and DL650 are on Echelon (by way of RidersPlus). Almost $5200/year just on my motorcycle insurance.

I just moved the three bikes over to Aviva (by way of Dalton Timmis). All three, full coverage, a little under $2800/year combined. Saved $2400/year.

Dalton Timmis saved me a metric butt-ton as well. Very pleased.

I just got my renewal quote from TD MM, +18%.
But, if I go back to the TD online quote site, my quote is identical to last year. So this is bait-and- switch by TD.
I'm waiting on a call back, but I have my home, cars and bike on TD, and I have told them I will cancel everything with TD.

I guess Ontario forgot they elected the last government with a promise of 15% rate reduction, but after the election, we got a rate increase.
But, this is Ontario, people just bend over, every single time.

Down 17% for me. Classified as a Dual Sport.

TD MM is the cheapest so far on a quote for a KTM Super Adventure 1290. Dalton was $120 more with $1 mill less liability. Sleepy Kingston, 40+ rider, zero tickets, full M. Full coverage at $1080, $500 deductible.

Why not raise the rates?
Raise it...they will come!
If I owned a business and was allowed to set any price... I would!

Hey now that 15% decrease was a STRETCH.......... goal.. LMAO I own a business and I set goals each year I have NEVER set a STRETCH goal...lol.

I just got my renewal quote from TD MM, +18%.
But, if I go back to the TD online quote site, my quote is identical to last year. So this is bait-and- switch by TD.
I'm waiting on a call back, but I have my home, cars and bike on TD, and I have told them I will cancel everything with TD.

I guess Ontario forgot they elected the last government with a promise of 15% rate reduction, but after the election, we got a rate increase.
But, this is Ontario, people just bend over, every single time.

Well not as bad as I expected. . .

With TD MM for both cars and 2 bikes. . .

The GSX1250 and V-star 1100 policy went up about 80$ to $1579
The cars went up 120$ to $2699.

But still going shopping

Not a bad premium for both... Although saying that without knowing what the cars are...

Another one for the price increase column:

Was on plan A with State Farm and my price went from: ('09 gixxer 600)

$73 to $131

2013 honda went from 122 to 116
2016 mazda went from 122 to 112
Home is 56

The defense of the crook (agent) was that the cars went down, so, please consider that when shopping around. I don't know how many times I need to tell them, I don't care what I pay for each component, the sum needs to be acceptable. For instance, at State Farm, I know that I overpay for my cars, but, I 'underpayed' for the bike to average it all out...

TD will do the bike for 130, honda for 96, mazda for 87 and home for 48... Think I may make one more call to Allstate then make a move...

Another one for the price increase column:

Was on plan A with State Farm and my price went from: ('09 gixxer 600)

$73 to $131

2013 honda went from 122 to 116
2016 mazda went from 122 to 112
Home is 56

The defense of the crook (agent) was that the cars went down, so, please consider that when shopping around. I don't know how many times I need to tell them, I don't care what I pay for each component, the sum needs to be acceptable. For instance, at State Farm, I know that I overpay for my cars, but, I 'underpayed' for the bike to average it all out...

TD will do the bike for 130, honda for 96, mazda for 87 and home for 48... Think I may make one more call to Allstate then make a move...

Would love to help you with that... We have been pretty competitive so far.

CafeRay, seems we are in same boat (relatively) demographics and insurance wise.. stay in touch to compare quotes.

Okay..so I'm staying with TD. Here's why:
I called around and only got higher quotes, with the notable exception of Dalton Timmis, who quoted me $100 less.
So TD calls back and says they are not going to change the rate. So I cancel with TD on the 14th...and call back DT.
Now, DT says says the minimum rate they can get for a 12 year old 600 on a 50 year old rider with perfect record is ONE THOUSAND, EIGHT HUNDRED AND NINETEEN DOLLARS. Liability only. (more than my two cars, combined). Again, bait-and-switch, the number with DT changed when they knew I was set to cancel.
I immediately hung up on the festering, puss-filled a***ole at Dalton Timmis and re-instated with TD.
So, to summarize:
1. Quotes in person mean nothing.
2. On line quotes, also mean nothing because TD admitted the online quoting system is not updating the new numbers.
3. They are spitting out huge numbers to force all car, home and bike with one company, which is technically legal. It is illegal to only cover you if you bundle, so they get around that with fake numbers to push you.
4. Bob Rae, 20 years later, is still the biggest a-hole Ontario has ever seen because we elected him on the promise of throwing out these leeches on society, and he did nothing, then Harris led the charge to approve every single rate increase applied for through the next governments, and these people all getting graft back in the form of political contributions (notice not a peep from Horvath lately?).
5. motorcycle insurance is the wild west in Ontario and not being regulated.
6. Dalton Timmis can FOAD.

Back
Top Bottom