Renewal Suprize | GTAMotorcycle.com

Renewal Suprize

j2

Got my renewal from TD yesterday. It went from $926 to $1640. That's about a 70% increase.

Nothing has changed. It's still the same bike, I still live in the same house, I'm really, really old, I've been a customer since 2003 and I've never had a claim in my life.

I did call and she gave me some excuse about premiums going up right across the board due to things like global warming and people riding into December. WTF? Clearly they no longer want my business. If I were to remove everything except for liability it would save me $50.

Any recommendations?

2013 ZX10r with Alarm, Whitby, 50 y.o. licensed 34 years, no claims, no tickets and I'm more than willing to move my auto and home but I can't do that until September as TD are looking for $700 in cancellation fees.

Thanks in Advance

All-State. I've dealt with Matthew at the Ajax branch, excellent excellent service! His phone # is 289-460-4276. You can tell him Mina sent you.

Last edited:
I was on the phone with my insurance company to deal with my cars and when I was done, they asked if there was anything I wanted to do about my bike insurance. I said "no, it actually went down $200, so I'm happy". She told me I was lucky -- rates have gone up right across the board (but no real explanation as to why). A friend of mine with a scooter said even his went up $200.

I was on the phone with my insurance company to deal with my cars and when I was done, they asked if there was anything I wanted to do about my bike insurance. I said "no, it actually went down $200, so I'm happy". She told me I was lucky -- rates have gone up right across the board (but no real explanation as to why). A friend of mine with a scooter said even his went up $200.

That's a good news for you. Btw, what kind a bike you ride?

This is like State Farm last year... I'm with TD MM, but I am riding a baseline "motorcycle", will be interesting to see how it affects me

I'm bailing on TD MM .. ridiculous increase. - over $900 per bike from $650 per bike.

Royal quoted $680 or so for basic coverage on DL650 and $720 on the CBF1000 and there would be reduction if I went on both.
hristopher South, R.I.B. (Ont), CIP
Insurance Broker, SurNet Insurance Group Inc.
csouth@surnet.net
P: 416-546-8969
F: 866-491-4002

came back quickly to reply - have not got rates yet.

I am holding my breath, my sphincter is very concerned over what my renewal may look like given the stories I am seeing.... :eek:

When I called my company (Co-operators) after acquiring my bike, they told me that they don't even insure motorbikes. What?! After reminding them that I have a truck, 2 cars (now 3), four properties, a cottage, life insurance, RRSP's, investments and disability insurance with them, I asked if they would like me to speak to another insurer.
They quoted me 98.00/mo. Seemed fair. I just got the renewal notice for the same amount.

I am with TD MM and it went from $813.00 to $1056 for 2016, for liability only on my 929RR. going to shop around 43yr old male with full M and clean record.

Got my renewal today from TD, went down $25. Male, 42, 09 versys 650, full M. Finally under $600/year! That's also full coverage.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

TD MM Primmum or whatever they call themselves. Old dude, no tickets, accidents, or claims. Thruxton +48%, Tiger +39%, wife's CB500F +18%.

It's fcuking criminal.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

Talked with TD MM today on an unrelated matter. They asked me if I had motorcycle insurance with them as a security question. The guy cracked up when I asked him if anyone had TD MM motorcycle insurance anymore. As expected the customer service reps are taking a beating over this new pricing policy.

Just got my renewal from TD as well. Same story as j2 - nothing changed at all - 29 y/o full M for 2 years, licensed since 2010. Bike is a 2002 Vulcan 800. Went from 1500 last year to 2270 this year. A little over 50% increase!

Did a little searching - riders plus seems like a good option, got a quote for 1100 with them.

Good luck all!

I think the insurance companies are doing realignment or something, I am with TD and do not see unexpected increase on the renewal.

Last edited:
I'm with TD and mine increased by $200 on a 2010 KLR 650. I asked for a quote on a 2016 FZ-09 and it's $2003.00. Ridiculous. Full M and 40+ with clean record.

I did call and she gave me some excuse about premiums going up right across the board due to things like global warming and people riding into December.

Ha Ha. Global Warming. That old chestnut. I expect that all forms of government and business will be cashing in on that in the future.

I was with Allstate last year and was very happy. As Mina said you should give them a call. 50-70% increases when nothing has changed is criminal.

I'm with TD and mine increased by $200 on a 2010 KLR 650. I asked for a quote on a 2016 FZ-09 and it's $2003.00. Ridiculous. Full M and 40+ with clean record.

Holy cow! M2, <40, 1 ticket, second rider on it too with no tickets but 1 at-fault claim, $910 with The Personal. But that could have included a multi/combined discount with 2 cars and a home with them too.

Any word on Dalton Timmis, and either Aviva or Intact? My bike isn't up until late June, but wondering if I'll be in for a surprise as well. 2014 CBR650FA. I have my car and condo with TD MM, but moved the bike away when I bought it, as they wanted $1900/year whereas everyone else was offering me $1200/year for the same level of coverage. TD MM was the best on the CBR250RA though a few years back.

Back
Top Bottom