What is a good VPN service? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is a good VPN service?

-D-

Banned
Any recommendations for a good VPN service that is fast for tormenting.

Name of company and price please.

Thanks

I went through a few. I stayed away from US based, and I did a lots of research. Here is a list to get you started https://greycoder.com/best-vpn-service/

Mullvad - picked it because it seems to be one of the best for privacy. Torrent speed was slow. ~2mbit.
AirVPN - viewed as good for privacy. ~5-7 mbit. Still pretty slow.

Next I will probably just get PIA. I would not trust it for serious privacy, but for torrents I doubt they would compromise their perceived privacy.

I went with PIA after a lot of research. No idea on max speed, only have 6 mbit connection that it has no problems with. Nice to have the VPN on my phone if required.

PIA is a good choice. They sometimes have promos for $5US/mth if you pay for a year or 2 in advance. You'll take a 2-4Mbps hit when downloading.

PIA works for me too. Great iPad and android apps too. I use it for Netflix viewing in places where Im not.

Well if you want to be tormenting I would strongly recommend something with good privacy and a really scary sounding name.

(PIA is what I have as well)

Brief sidetrack....anyone got any idea how I can get PIA on my nexus player? There's a few things I'd like to use on Kodi that are region specific. Play store on the nexus player doesn't have the app and apparently there are problems with compatibility. I'd rather not have to put it on the router side if possible. I have it on my phone and can use Kodi on the phone but I can't cast that to the nexus player either.

Brief sidetrack....anyone got any idea how I can get PIA on my nexus player? There's a few things I'd like to use on Kodi that are region specific. Play store on the nexus player doesn't have the app and apparently there are problems with compatibility. I'd rather not have to put it on the router side if possible. I have it on my phone and can use Kodi on the phone but I can't cast that to the nexus player either.

You'll need to extract or find the x86 version of the APK for the PIA app. Sideload it onto your nexus player and it'll be good to go.

If you want to do some more kungfu if the above doesn't work, you can install a generic OpenVPN app, then download the PIA openvpn.zip file from their site. Using something like ES Explorer, navigate to the unzipped folder, and select the file of the server source you want to connect to.

Last option, just run the VPN through the router and no kungfu required.

You'll need to extract or find the x86 version of the APK for the PIA app. Sideload it onto your nexus player and it'll be good to go.

If you want to do some more kungfu if the above doesn't work, you can install a generic OpenVPN app, then download the PIA openvpn.zip file from their site. Using something like ES Explorer, navigate to the unzipped folder, and select the file of the server source you want to connect to.

Last option, just run the VPN through the router and no kungfu required.

Many thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom