Who has reasonable rates on ZX14/ Hayabusa SS bikes ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who has reasonable rates on ZX14/ Hayabusa SS bikes ?

QuantumBlue919Guy

Just got an increase from TD MM on my bike policies. Last year my ZX14 was $1700 and change, this year $2150 with at least 1 other policy with them or just under $2500 solo. Aviva wants $3765. 3 other carriers wont touch them. What are my options?
I'm 35, married, full licence rural address clear license etc. 3 bikes on the road this year, was hoping for #4 but this is getting out of hand

From what I hear,you should try Grant Redfern at Allstate. I'm still happy with TD at the moment, but lots of other members are having good results with Grant. You must be 30 years old, full M, and I think there's a $250 fee for a stand alone bike policy.
Some members are also getting good results from Paul@ Surnet. His contact info can be found in the "insurance"sub-forum. Good luck with your search.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Just got an increase from TD MM on my bike policies. Last year my ZX14 was $1700 and change, this year $2150 with at least 1 other policy with them or just under $2500 solo. Aviva wants $3765. 3 other carriers wont touch them. What are my options?
I'm 35, married, full licence rural address clear license etc. 3 bikes on the road this year, was hoping for #4 but this is getting out of hand

1 More vote for Allstate, initially their quote was high, but then discovered for some reason their system was only showing 2 years bike insurance with TD and not previous bike policies with Certas. Once I get the required "experience report" from Certas it will bring down the initial quote by about $500, BUT as stated with Allstate you must bring your car or home with them as a stand alone bike policy has a $250 surcharge added. I haven\t got my car renewal yet (end of Feb but I can't imagine it going down and Allstate is a few bucks cheaper then I pay Desjardins now), so overall I will be saving about almost $600 over what I would have been paying with bike renewal increase of 30% from TD

Another one for Allstate, saved me a few hundred. Make sure to find a good branch, some have excellent service and claims experience and some will never return your calls after you sign up.

+1 for Grant Redfern at AllState. Haven't switched over yet but I've known him for a long time and have heard nothing but good things all along. He may be a little hard to get ahold of these days but will return voicemails if you don't get him on the first try.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies everyone, my hunt for insurance continues tomorrow. I will post the rate/who I go with when I decide

How is Allstate for claims now? My parents dumped them 50 years ago, but that might have changed since.

I don't recall exactly what I paid last year, i know it had already been an increase form previous years, nothing has changed, no tickets, no claims, but TD has gone from around $800 when I first got my Hayabusa to I believe $1200 last year, I fear what this years envelpe may tell me. Bike was already for sale, but this will also weaken the market for bikes like this for sure, Wont be too many that will want to pay the price to ride... I was already getting a great rate myself, but there is a tipping point

Ended up with TDMM for the Zx14 @ $2150 and BMW R1200 GS @ $1050.
Intact took my Ducati Multistrada 1200 @ $993. TDMM wanted over $2100.

Good news is that my StateFarm dirt bike polices dropped $100 lol

Fewer bikes on the road next year for me for sure. Disappointing that I might be able to afford more bikes, but can't afford more insurance.

I have had an excellent experience with Grant. He has gone the extra mile I would expect from an agent. Service from most businesses is complete s*&t. Grant demonstrates what service should be and I don't say things like that often. 32, M, clean record, Waterloo, house and 2 cars. House and cars are average, bikes are good. $750 for an 08 1kRR, $770 for a '10 VFR 1200. Haven't received the renewal yet this year though.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom