Cut off regulations | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cut off regulations

Huh? What do threads about keeping to the right have anything to do with this?

Why not move over and give merging drivers an easier merge. In your specific situation you would not even have had your incident. Simple common courtesy on the road eliminates so many problems. You might want to read about it....

The guy was in to my lane before I could do a shoulder check. If I hit someone else I get the blame. As PrivatePilot hints maybe drivers should take real road tests in Toronto instead of cottage country.

Why not move over and give merging drivers an easier merge. In your specific situation you would not even have had your incident. Simple common courtesy on the road eliminates so many problems. You might want to read about it....

I get ****** when I can't move over and someone merges anyway. Thanks **** nut, now instead of you adjusting your speed I have to. I'm already in this lane using this space.

Happened yesterday on the 401 with a transport. He was sat in middle lane and I came up inside (I was getting off at next exit). He came anyway, forced me to hit the rumble strips and then the brakes. There was another transport in front so accelerating hard was not an option.

Truckers are drivers yes, but not as professional and courteous as some make em out to be. For the most part they are just bigger goofs a lot of the time. Comes from both sides. If you can't follow the rules of the road why expect me to?

I get ****** when I can't move over and someone merges anyway. Thanks **** nut, now instead of you adjusting your speed I have to. I'm already in this lane using this space.

Happened yesterday on the 401 with a transport. He was sat in middle lane and I came up inside (I was getting off at next exit). He came anyway, forced me to hit the rumble strips and then the brakes. There was another transport in front so accelerating hard was not an option.

Truckers are drivers yes, but not as professional and courteous as some make em out to be. For the most part they are just bigger goofs a lot of the time. Comes from both sides. If you can't follow the rules of the road why expect me to?

Thank you. You got my point.

I cut the big rigs slack because of the points PrivatePilot mentioned. If you have your spider sense on you can usually tell if a big rig guy (Or gal) is caught in a situation or just being a bigger twit in a bigger vehicle.

I've had it happen several times to the point that I think it's the new norm. The last one had me swerving to avoid a twit who just kept coming over into my lane from the merge lane (427 S near Rathburn FWIW). The natural reaction is to swerve into another lane but that could result in a collision with another vehicle while the initiator cruises off free.

All the twit had to do is step on the gas a bit and he could have merged in front of me.

Welcome to the new norm.

I think you're probably new to Toronto. These F'ers like playing chicken with you. They would intentionally merge into your lane to see your reaction. If you're afraid of them they want to bully you.

Wait till you get the idiot who want to intentionally block you out

Nope not new to Toronto. I think the thing that gets to me is the rate of growth of idiots, narcissists etc. Back in the days of chrome bumpers and leaded gas one could drive across the 401 in a half hour. Now it's twice as long with four times the lanes. Traffic jams on Sunday mornings when everyone else used to be in church or jail. Alas poor Yorick, it is gone.

Or do what i do and cruise your speed and if they attempt to swerve in front of you, don't bother slamming the brakes. just slow down enough not to get injured but enough to rear end them.. Then call the cops and get a new beater. ezpz

ps. Only attempt this if you have a dash cam so they get rilled up nice.

Or do what i do and cruise your speed and if they attempt to swerve in front of you, don't bother slamming the brakes. just slow down enough not to get injured but enough to rear end them.. Then call the cops and get a new beater. ezpz

I can see the temptation if driving a beater but you lose time and money. Insurance won't make you rich or pay you for the time you waste looking for a new set of wheels.

BTW having the right of way doesn't allow you to ram people. One must take reasonable measures to prevent a collision.

Or do what i do and cruise your speed and if they attempt to swerve in front of you, don't bother slamming the brakes. just slow down enough not to get injured but enough to rear end them.. Then call the cops and get a new beater.

having the right of way doesn't allow you to ram people. One must take reasonable measures to prevent a collision.

And people wonder why insurance is so expensive in this province. :rolleyes:

ps. Only attempt this if you have a dash cam so they get rilled up nice

Yes, so the police can use it against you when it becomes evident you made little or no effort to avoid the collision. It's happened, plenty of times.

And people wonder why insurance is so expensive in this province. :rolleyes:

Yes, so the police can use it against you when it becomes evident you made little or no effort to avoid the collision. It's happened, plenty of times.

hey whatever it takes for these drivers to know that cutting off can kill lives

I doubt you have ever actually accomplished this, for two reasons:

1. The police could and should use your dashcam video as evidence to support a charge of careless or dangerous driving as you made no attempt to avoid the collision. You are not permitted under the HTA to use your vehicle as a "battering ram", regardless of what the other road user did.
2. Insurance adjuster would assign you a minimum of 50% at fault for the exact same reason.

I doubt you have ever actually accomplished this, for two reasons:

1. The police could and should use your dashcam video as evidence to support a charge of careless or dangerous driving as you made no attempt to avoid the collision. You are not permitted under the HTA to use your vehicle as a "battering ram", regardless of what the other road user did.
2. Insurance adjuster would assign you a minimum of 50% at fault for the exact same reason.

It's a bitter pill to swallow but 100% right. You don't have to swerve away from them if you feel that is unsafe but you must use maximum braking.

The down side of this is that the A-H driver gets away with it. There is no effective way of holding them responsible for their actions. Until that changes the idiots will control the roads.

I noticed a lot of people tend to accelerate when you signal to merge in front of them. Rest assured I will merge...

The selfish my lane attitude is not helping traffic. I am not saying people should brake to allow others to merge, but it's oke to let off the gas. Someone could have been forced to merge slowly because the car in front of them merged slowly. Now that person will have to cut someone off, and the whole highway will have to brake.

A lot of people are scared to merge when I give them a bit of space. People are unsure what the driver behind them might do and prefer to stop than risk merging. They probably experienced a prick that accelerated when they wanted to merge.

Let's try to be a bit less selfish and we might move above 10 km/h on 401 during the day...

Back
Top Bottom