SpaceX. They did it. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SpaceX. They did it.

I was all pro Elon till he launched a car (space junk) into orbit.Nah...snowflake.

Really??? Because in the same post you left a very different impression. So which is it?

I'm beginning to think this guy is a snowflake.Ev's for the masses...don't think so with the prices that are way out of range for the average consumer.

Just remember he's not Tony Stark...he's just a fabulously rich person that can afford to surround himself with smart people. I'm not sure there's too much real innovation going on but there's refinement of past ideas for sure. He didn't invent the electric car, he didn't invent the rocket and he didn't invent storage batteries...he's a bit like Apple in this regard.

Yes the launch yesterday was fun and a big step...but the rocket was less powerful than a Saturn V which is ancient tech now.

Also...putting a Tesla into orbit is a great marketing stunt.

Yes the launch yesterday was fun and a big step...but the rocket was less powerful than a Saturn V which is ancient tech now.
But when you look at the difference in cost.

Falcon Heavy's cost was fractional and parts re-usable (for the most part) which kinda puts them in a different category..although it's good to compare

No matter what we say about Elon and his personality, he's got great achievements under his belt that have helped humanity (whether it be online yellow pages projects, or paypal, etc) he provides nudges in the 'right direction' to enable mass use/production of another way of doing things.

I wonder how many people in Spacex came from Nasa?Surely there is a lot of rocket scientists out there looking for jobs after the shuttle went fizzle.

We need Ghostrider on this topic!

I wonder what he pays for liability insurance coverage :|

I think it's an extraordinary achievement. The car was a publicity stunt because he wanted people to talk about the launch. I'm surprised by how many people focus on the car and not on the fact that this system can get 64 tons of material into orbit (twice the capacity of the next most powerful rocket available) at one third of the cost. Even with a failed booster landing, it's still endlessly more successful than literally every other rocket which just dumps the spent boosters into the ocean (which incidentally is what the third booster did in this case).

People calling him a snowflake are just jealous. The guy is super bright, super rich, and he bangs hotter women than most of us beat off to. It's natural to want to hate a guy like that I guess...

P.S. On the Saturn V being ancient tech... while that's not exactly wrong, the thing is that tech is still valuable. A proposed booster design for the new SLS uses a simplified version of the Saturn V engines, designed by reverse engineering physical museum pieces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocketdyne_F-1#F-1B_booster

https://arstechnica.com/science/2013/04/how-nasa-brought-the-monstrous-f-1-moon-rocket-back-to-life/

Rockets haven’t essentially changed since von Braun was playing with them near WWII. They are pretty simple devices. The difficult part is making them reliable, accurate and cheap.

he's achieved much, no doubt.

Still a waste of time and money. We already have a space program, whats the purpose of this? to launch a car in space? please.

Shame these guys can't use their time, resources, talent and money for real issues, like curing diseases and stuff.

both quotes call him a snowflake.

No that. He said he liked him until the launch, yet he bad mouth Tesla cars being too expensive for average person .... whatever. It's just the typical naysayer's made up arguments against someone who achieved already more than most wouldn't even dream to do so in ten lives ....

Just remember he's not Tony Stark...he's just a fabulously rich person that can afford to surround himself with smart people. I'm not sure there's too much real innovation going on but there's refinement of past ideas for sure. He didn't invent the electric car, he didn't invent the rocket and he didn't invent storage batteries...he's a bit like Apple in this regard.

Also...putting a Tesla into orbit is a great marketing stunt.

Well, for one he was not born that rich. Basically, anyone has the same opportunity. Depends, whether you have the drive, balls and mainly brains. He's got it all.

The way you put it, makes his achievements even more remarkable. As you put it, nothing new ... yet nobody has taken the so-called low hanging fruit, already invented stuff, and done with it what he has.

Of course, the roadster ending up in the orbit, was a marketing stunt. What else could it be? Remember Tesla doesn't do advertising or commercials, but surely the genius knows how to make the world to talk about two of his companies at the same time. Also keep mentioning that he would be happy if the rocket left the pad and exploded later, without damaging the historically precious pad ... in today's negative world, I am sure millions tune in expecting to see a massive explosion, so they could tweet about how ****** job SpaceX has done.

Well, for one he was not born that rich. Basically, anyone has the same opportunity. Depends, whether you have the drive, balls and mainly brains. He's got it all.

The way you put it, makes his achievements even more remarkable. As you put it, nothing new ... yet nobody has taken the so-called low hanging fruit, already invented stuff, and done with it what he has.

Of course, the roadster ending up in the orbit, was a marketing stunt. What else could it be? Remember Tesla doesn't do advertising or commercials, but surely the genius knows how to make the world to talk about two of his companies at the same time. Also keep mentioning that he would be happy if the rocket left the pad and exploded later, without damaging the historically precious pad ... in today's negative world, I am sure millions tune in expecting to see a massive explosion, so they could tweet about how ****** job SpaceX has done.

No doubt he did good...worked hard and is very smart. However...this is more Apple than IBM. Why haven’t people been busy doing the things he’s already done? No idea...maybe there was no will. The US managed to put up satellites despite him, build space stations despite him, send up Hubble etc. Massive funding for NASA wasn’t that popular at times. Who knows? I’m glad he’s doing these things but I’m not swooning over them like some people seem to be.

"Build a better mouse trap, and the world will beat a path to your door."

Still a waste of time and money. We already have a space program, whats the purpose of this? to launch a car in space? please.

Shame these guys can't use their time, resources, talent and money for real issues, like curing diseases and stuff.

Or sending Wynne to Mars

Space program = convoluted organization that trips over its own processes bringing costs up to ridiculous amounts.

Space X = follow the vision of Elon which is to get people on mars for much cheaper than what is currently being done.

If people can start spending money on space rather than wars on earth, WHY THE FAK NOT? lol

Yes we do have other issues at hand on earth, he's working on a solution to possibly save us from ourselves if push comes to shove. If it's not necessary, space exploration is still something we should look into to better understand the universe surrounding us.

Space program = convoluted organization that trips over its own processes bringing costs up to ridiculous amounts.

Basically, like the government.

Space X = follow the vision of Elon which is to get people on mars for much cheaper than what is currently being done.

Why? whats the point of this? You can't live there. Pure waste. We already know whats out there. Go to Nasa Instagram and view the stunning shots of Jupiter and outer space.

If people can start spending money on space rather than wars on earth, WHY THE FAK NOT? lol

We have smart people with lots of money, wasting it on Space Programs, just do something good for the Better of the people. Find a cure, invent a useful item, help out the poor. Then you will really make a NAME For yourself.

Yes we do have other issues at hand on earth, he's working on a solution to possibly save us from ourselves if push comes to shove. If it's not necessary, space exploration is still something we should look into to better understand the universe surrounding us.

see above in underline

Back
Top Bottom