Rainex for Acrylic | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rainex for Acrylic

MacDoc

Site Supporter
20151219_142355_zpsqiruakqz.jpg

anyone

a) used

Just ordered a couple of bottles online....will have on Monday or Tuesday ....wonder if it helps with fogging.

Should be good for visors

Last edited:
Where did you order it? Would love to try some.

good to know it exists

I use plain old wax on my visor usually. I wouldn't use it on the inside of the visor in hopes of keeping the fog away but it would be good on the outside.

Everyone should use this stuff on their cars too! I get into cars without it and I see why soo many people are terrible drivers in the rain, they can't see a damn thing!

A tip I've learned. When polishing the excess off, a damp papertowel or microfiber works best or you get a foggy finish.

Last edited:
Never ever use this **** for a car windshield that is driven over the winter and where salt is used. When the combination of salt water/slush is thrown against the windshield and with the defroster heating the windshield, the RainX makes the water evaporate almost instantly leaving a white haze of salt that is difficult to see through; and which needs to be removed with lots and lots of windshield antifreeze. And if you get the antifreeze with RainX already added, then you really will have fun cause it's like trying to put out a gasoline fire by adding more gasoline!

For all other applications that don't involve salt water being constantly splashed onto it, like side windows, mirrors or visors, it's good to use.

If you want antifogging, then buy an antifogging solution, there are enough on the market, even stuff found in sporting goods stores that is used on swim goggles.

Last edited:
I have used the winter Rain-X windshield antifreeze for years. I have never had this problem on many cars. The ONLY "problem" it does cause that it tends to leave more of a residue on the car, typically on the leading edge of the roof, and side windows. But in an environment where you're covered in salt anyways, it's not like it's a big deal.

Never ever use this **** for a car windshield that is driven over the winter and where salt is used. When the combination of salt water/slush is thrown against the windshield and with the defroster heating the windshield, the RainX makes the water evaporate almost instantly leaving a white haze of salt that is difficult to see through; and which needs to be removed with lots and lots of windshield antifreeze. And if you get the antifreeze with RainX already added, then you really will have fun cause it's like trying to put out a gasoline fire by adding more gasoline!

For all other applications that don't involve salt water being constantly splashed onto it, like side windows, mirrors or visors, it's good to use.

If you want antifogging, then buy an antifogging solution, there are enough on the market, even stuff found in sporting goods stores that is used on swim goggles.

Love the stuff for my windshield

Simply keeping the visor clean with a standard cleaner like Invisible Glass isn't working?
There's a big difference between
a) dirty glass/plastic
b) clean glass/plastic
c) clean glass/plastic with water repellant

in a) it's basically blurry when you drive/ride as the water clumps up on the dirt and you absolutely need a wiper to get it off properly
b) it's clearer but water still may accumulate causing reduced visibility
c) it's a lot clearer, and water pearls off of it easier and even in an automatic manner when going certain speeds not requiring the use of wipers (at least in my case)

I have seen a number of motorcycle windshields reduced to a foggy mess because the wrong type of cleaner, defogger or repellant was used.
Granted, this does not happen often, but if it does you are out the cost of a new one.
If the bike came with a windshield, use the product the maker recommends.
If it`s aftermarket, same thing.
Most of the products you see online or on TV were made for glass, not plastic.

Back
Top Bottom