Finders Keepers | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finders Keepers

Good call EXCEPT that the OP has now posted that the bike actually has a plate which is VALID until Mar 2016, to me that says the bike is hardly "abandoned". For all anyone including the building owner knows the bike owner made arrangements with another tenant to keep his bike there until he can relocate it. Under most municipal bylaws a vehicle is NOT abandoned, as long as it is displaying a valid regisration, (plate).

Have to question the whole "it has a cracked frame" If the op's friend missed the vaild plate... then do we count on his observations as to the frame condition??

No blame for the OP as it "appears" his friend may not have provided all the bikes details to him... IE the valid plate..LOL OP question for you, given that your friend moved the bike into the shed, does he now think he is entitled to charge the legal owner of the bike "storage fees"??? LMAO

eoszlak: get that bike out of storage surely the OP's friend will get that obviuosly "abandoned" bike off your hands, and he won't even charge you a pick up fee..lol

Cops won't get out of their chairs to investigate real bike thefts. You think they'd raise a finger for an abandoned bike? Get real folks. OP, take the bike and strip it down. At least some of it will be put to good use.

You shouldn't take somebody else's valid plated motorcycle even if you have a use for it period I hope this information gets out to the general public.

You shouldn't take somebody else's valid plated motorcycle even if you have a use for it period I hope this information gets out to the general public.

Or at least to those who deem it an acceptable option..lol

I see a lot of abandoned new bikes sitting in front of dealerships everytime I drive by. If I put one in my shed........

OP... there is a BMW 7 series that has been sitting in my parking lot for over a year. We already called the police and it has not been reported stolen. Can you please have you friend come and remove it. Just leave the plates with the receptionist.
Thanks.

I was just trying to get an opinion on the best way to move forward, based on the information passed on to me.

The best way to move forward on this one is to take your thoughts as to what you could do, and then turn around and run away in the other direction.

he doesn't have ownership because he doesn't own it.

Ya, kind of basic. It's funny what people allow themselves to think so it becomes something else. Apparently 'common sense', isn't so common.

Pretty much what hedo and Rob say but I would consider bending the rules re moving the bike if it was to a safer place, although technically wrong.

P.S. In golf you aren't allowed to find a golf ball until it's stopped rolling.

He'll, I've had a car sitting in my driveway untouched for 6 years - there's moss growing on it. I hope someone tries to take that thing from me... it's a unibody with no plates, but if the subframe's cracked it's ripe for the picking.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

As far as I know, Unused does not equal Unowned.

This "Rutlo" is from the Hammer, you can't expect much more than to just steal/libertate things in this town. Lots of low life milling around.

This "Rutlo" is from the Hammer, you can't expect much more than to just steal/libertate things in this town. Lots of low life milling around.
@inreb is from the Hammer. #NuffSaid
(No offense to my other Steeltown homies ✌)
??????
My scooter has been at a friends place behind his shed for a few years. Not running. Tires are flat. Not plated. Hope nobody takes it.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Rutlo, tell your friend to ride it like he stole it!

Last edited:
Good call EXCEPT that the OP has now posted that the bike actually has a plate which is VALID until Mar 2016, to me that says the bike is hardly "abandoned". For all anyone including the building owner knows the bike owner made arrangements with another tenant to keep his bike there until he can relocate it. Under most municipal bylaws a vehicle is NOT abandoned, as long as it is displaying a valid regisration, (plate).

Have to question the whole "it has a cracked frame" If the op's friend missed the vaild plate... then do we count on his observations as to the frame condition??

No blame for the OP as it "appears" his friend may not have provided all the bikes details to him... IE the valid plate..LOL OP question for you, given that your friend moved the bike into the shed, does he now think he is entitled to charge the legal owner of the bike "storage fees"??? LMAO

eoszlak: get that bike out of storage surely the OP's friend will get that obviuosly "abandoned" bike off your hands, and he won't even charge you a pick up fee..lol

LOL. I can't afford to insure it, and I'll never ride it dirty without insurance ever again. I've been meaning to chain it up to the post it's next too, but I haven't had a chance. It's a pretty good location. There's som super cars/high end luxury cars in there and some bikes here and there, if it didn't seem at all safe and was sketchy at all I would have never left it in there for storage. The only people who know it's location are my friend who lives there and myself. I'll keep it that way. OP's 'friend' can go hunting in his own area or all over the GTA and I doubt he'll ever find it. NVM it's covered. Probably wouldn't hurt to put a new sticker on it though. This thread is a joke. Did I say that in my last post? LOL

I checked with a friend at the Toronto Police and this is the policy regarding vehicles abandoned on private property.
The property owner must contact parking enforcement. A parking officer will attend. He will do the paperwork necessary to have the vehicle towed.
This includes a waiver that absolves the police from all liability.
The parking officer will also check the plate or VIN to see if its stolen.
The tow company will then attend. If the vehicle is of little or no value, the tow driver may request payment for the tow from the property owner in advance.
After 30 days, the tow company will send a registered letter to the last owner.
After 60 days another registered letter and after 90 days a third.
At this point the tow company own the vehicle and will sell the vehicle at auction for whatever they can get.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom