Finders Keepers | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finders Keepers

That's a strange analogy, because an abandoned horse would be a dead horse

@hedo2002 I'm PRETTY sure that @crankcall was being sarcastic. (Like, 98% sure).

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

go with 99% sure......

on a side note I bought a motorbike last night from a retired cop, he had all the paperwork to go with it.

go with 99% sure......

on a side note I bought a motorbike last night from a retired cop, he had all the paperwork to go with it.

What did you get?

go with 99% sure......

latest

On the note of the abandoned/stolen bike. With the supposed cracked frame, it could be one of those "**** I crashed my bike, time to ditch it and report it stolen to collect some insurance $$$". Which would also mean stolen.

He has absolutely NO legal standing with this bike. Anything that he does will be considered theft/conversion. He needs to report it to police and walk away.

Actually, it isn't the first time.

I agree with you on this Rob. I swung by the apartment building today and the bike is out of the parking area and sitting beside the apt. tool shed now. Interestingly it has a plate on it dated 3/16, so it or some other bike got plated in early spring. At least he has something to take to the police, specifically, rather than just reporting an abandoned bike. I'll pass on the advice.

By the way, Crankcall's sarcastic tone was much more useful than Starboy869's attitude. I'm not trying to rip anyone off, I was just trying to get an opinion on the best way to move forward, based on the information passed on to me.

I guess I should have just told him to call the police and leave it at that, my f*^k up.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

What did you get?

I got a triumph tiger 1050, I had a Vstrom 650 for 2 months and it was outstanding. I'm on the theory that if logging trails were an effort 400+ cc should sort that out? I can mount a princess auto winch to a RAM mount on the bars right?

I moved a 44yr old BMW this week and the tiny profit was burning a hole in my pants.

I got a triumph tiger 1050, I had a Vstrom 650 for 2 months and it was outstanding. I'm on the theory that if logging trails were an effort 400+ cc should sort that out? I can mount a princess auto winch to a RAM mount on the bars right?

I moved a 44yr old BMW this week and the tiny profit was burning a hole in my pants.

Nice. I've always heard good things about 3 cyl. Triumphs. Coincidently I also have a Triumph, hole in my pants and 24 yr. BMW. It really is a small world isn't it?

there wexhaustas a nice young man in another thread looking at how to get an R75/5 into Canada with no ownership, I recommended the R75/5 in my garage with papers , going no where fast would be a good fill in. His pop came by with him and collected the beauty.
I've never owned a Triumph of late vintage so i'm very excited to see what all the hoopala is about. It has an Arrows exhaust, dealer installed and has a nice bellow. The nieghbours should be sharpening pitchforks as I type.

there wexhaustas a nice young man in another thread looking at how to get an R75/5 into Canada with no ownership, I recommended the R75/5 in my garage with papers , going no where fast would be a good fill in. His pop came by with him and collected the beauty.
I've never owned a Triumph of late vintage so i'm very excited to see what all the hoopala is about. It has an Arrows exhaust, dealer installed and has a nice bellow. The nieghbours should be sharpening pitchforks as I type.

Yes, I remember that series of postings. I assumed that was what had gone down when you said you unloaded the airhead. Except the part about the pop. I'm not clairvoyant. So thanks.

Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers. Even with Google at their fingertips, kids these days don't know the rules. The bureaucracy may be annoying, but follow the regs to the letter when it comes to anything connected to a title. Some people don't mind having detailed legal discussions with the constabulary after the fact, but I don't think the OP is one of them. Crankcall and Hedo are on the ball.

Cops won't get out of their chairs to investigate real bike thefts. You think they'd raise a finger for an abandoned bike? Get real folks. OP, take the bike and strip it down. At least some of it will be put to good use.

Cops won't get out of their chairs to investigate real bike thefts. You think they'd raise a finger for an abandoned bike? Get real folks. OP, take the bike and strip it down. At least some of it will be put to good use.

We know don't that it's abandoned. Owner may be a Kurt Cobain fan. Or following SOP @ Rolls Royce where they let engine blocks weather outside before final machining. Title owner deserves benefit of doubt even if he's likely a glue sniffer.

Last edited:
Another thief?

Heck my neighbor has a 78 cb under a tarp in his backyard. Maybe I should strip it down and sell the parts?

There was another guy that hung out here, Timmay something, had your same philosophy. He and his friends picked up abandoned bikes at apts. around town. Community service effort.
I suppose there may be a line in the sand, who decides where that line sits?

This is ridiculous. My R1 has been under a cover in storage for over a year. I check up on it regularly. Just because it hasn't moved doesn't mean it's free for the taking- God forbid anything did happen, I'd file a police report immediately. Tell your 'buddy' to put the bike back. The fact that you even have to ask for him shows that he has no clue wtf he's doing and that this isn't a gray area type of question. It's black and/or white. I was a bad kid once upon a time and 'liberated' all kinds of things. But I've grown up, everyone has to learn and grow at their own pace. If the bike is reported 'stolen' or is actually abandoned and ha a cracked frame it should be at a wrecker where it can be appreciated by many-whomever needs the parts. My mind is blown.. I'm shaking my head.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom