Norway: Syrian "refugees" found with... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Norway: Syrian "refugees" found with...

Blackfin

Site Supporter
..."pictures of Isis flags and executions on their phones".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...eir-phones-say-norweigen-police-a6774006.html

Aside from the perverse notion of "refugees" with cellphones, there are more than likely Norwegians, Brits, Germans and probably Canadians who will die because of bleeding-heart, self-hating do-gooders allowing tens-of-thousands of un-vettable people -- among them almost assuredly some bad guys -- into their/our countries.

Governments first and foremost have a responsibility to protect the safety and interests of their own citizens. If Canadians die as a result of these policies the responsible governments should be toppled and their leaders tried for treason.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if a few terrorists slip in but what about the home made ones?

Drunk drivers kill more people than terrorists

The tobacco industry kills more people than terrorists

Same goes for bad drivers.

At least with the Syrians most will be decent and the ones that aren't might get over their brain washing.

Do I trust our government to use full diligence? Hah not. Am I going to hide under my bed? Not.

So a cell phone means that a person can't be a legitimate refugee? Cell phones are fairly ubiquitous these days, and I know if I had to flee my home for whatever crisis, one of the first things I'd pack would be a cell phone or two so I could be able to call for help or otherwise keep in touch with friends and family also possibly scattered during that crisis.

Going back to WW2, do you know how many refugees schlepped across Europe with bags or donkey cars loaded with piles of silver and gold family heirlooms? Would you dispute their refugee status because of that?

I'm sure you could find such "forbidden" photos on many phones of Canadian if you were to go looking. A lot of people use cell phones in the same way they used to use computers in the past, as conduits to access web sites including news sites and the pictures and videos available on them. Those executions and pictures of ISIS flags would be local news for them, readily found when using the cell phone to surf news sites. Simple presence of "forbidden" images does not necessarily mean that the owner of the phone was a member of or even sympathizes with ISIS.

I can't speak to the ISIS connection, but the "perverse notion of a refugee having a cellphone" is your misconception that all refugees must be poor starving people seeking refuge from poverty. Most of the Syrians had houses and jobs and cellphones before the war in their country made them flee for their lives.

These are political refugees and having some level of economic prosperity doesn't guarantee entry to another country given the immigration restrictions of the countries they are fleeing to. That's why they are arriving by boats and walking, not coming in via planes where they are guaranteed to be turned away by border officials at the airport.

Fair enough. We'll see how this shakes out I guess.

Does anybody here know how the refugees allowed in are vetted or how much time and paperwork is involved in sponsoring a person or family?

Bonus points if you know why so many suddenly started trying to get to Europe.

I know a little bit about the situation, but not nearly enough. Nevertheless, I don't believe that fear-mongering is the best solution to the situation.

Governments first and foremost have a responsibility to protect the safety and interests of their own citizens. If Canadians die as a result of these policies the responsible governments should be toppled and their leaders tried for treason.

What crazy planet do you live on to believe this to be true? Government does what they want for their own self interest. They haven't been toppled yet.

What crazy planet do you live on to believe this to be true? Government does what they want for their own self interest. They haven't been toppled yet.

Yeah, I know it's "idealistic" to expect this. Nevertheless, the government itself -- at least a the federal level -- proclaims this:

"Executive Summary

The first priority of the Government of Canada is to protect Canada and the safety and security of Canadians at home and abroad. Building Resilience Against Terrorism,Canada’s first Counter-terrorism Strategy, assesses the nature and scale of the threat, and sets out basic principles and elements that underpin the Government’s counter-terrorism activities. Together, these principles and elements serve as a means of prioritizing and evaluating the Government’s efforts against terrorism. The overarching goal of the Strategy is: to counter domestic and international terrorism in order to protect Canada, Canadians and Canadian interests."

http://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/rsrcs/pblctns/rslnc-gnst-trrrsm/index-eng.aspx

I'm sure the others are correct and there's nothing to worry about.

refugees have cell phone???? you mean regular working people who were leading normal lives until they lost everything, their neighborhood was levelled and someone they know executed have CELLPHONES?

I'm with you man, only completely naked refugees should be allowed in

refugees have cell phone???? you mean regular working people who were leading normal lives until they lost everything, their neighborhood was levelled and someone they know executed have CELLPHONES?

I'm with you man, only completely naked refugees should be allowed in

Tattered rags would also be acceptable.

I'm glad Blackfin found something to be afraid of today. Wouldn't want him to hurt himself trying to think independently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some just live in a fools paradise. We have criminals that we have deported multiple times out of the country and we keep finding them back here. They are banned--not allowed in Canada, they get back in.

So if you are a terrorist are you going to sit in a UN refugee camp for two to four years on your hands, then hope to make the short list to get to the interview process, then try to get past the screening process, etc..... Wouldn't it be easier to just get in the same way the criminals do? No doubt some are trying the "dumb way" as a strategy to try and shut down the refugee process but if you are racist and afraid, sorry to say, they are already here.

Of course I have not touched at all on the born here guys (from all religions)!

How about the locals that were rounded up and forced to watch executions as a 'you could be next' threat. Snap a photo so you can prove your running away from a legitimate problem? Bet they didn't guess it would be used against them, welcome to the rest of the world folks!

The article does not specify where in the phone those images were found.

When I looked though my old hard drive and recovered deleted files, know what was included in there? Every avatar I scrolled by in GTAM and a few videos/movies streamed online. There are many temporary files downloaded into your computer/phone just by scrolling by them.

Hell, if you read a news article about Isis, chances are you'll find the Isis flag and pictures of beheadings as well on your hard drive. It will stay there until that data is overwritten with more data which doesn't tend to happen until your hard drive starts filling up.

Doing file recovery for a few people, you will basically find out everything about them and what they look at on their computer based on amount/repeat content. On a couple occasions, images of prostitute ads in married relationships (Though I don't say anything as it's not really my business)

Can't be so quick to judge especially knowing big media will report what will catch people's attention and not necessarily the whole truth. If those images were found directly from the Camera application, that's another story.

OP must have come from a recent Europe visit and got a scare. I speak to folks from Europe several times a week ... let`s just say that their sense of good and bad has been severely twisted. They have lost a sense of a good solid base. Everybody seems to beout to get them ... one day it`s their elected EU parliament in Brussels, another day the refugees from Syria. Truly sad to see what is happening to this wonderfully old good continent.

it also amazes me what conclusions people sometimes come to, based on some top notch reporting.

Does anybody here know how the refugees allowed in are vetted or how much time and paperwork is involved in sponsoring a person or family?

Bonus points if you know why so many suddenly started trying to get to Europe.

I know a little bit about the situation, but not nearly enough. Nevertheless, I don't believe that fear-mongering is the best solution to the situation.

Well I can say this much. Politics are a funny thing. A lot of the refugees coming here were already in the queue to come here under Harper (remember that "bad guy"?). All Trudeau did was put a rubber stamp on things to cut down the red tape and take all the glory. Picture a group project in the works for months with a due date of 6 months away. Everything is already done but you can't present for 6 months because that's when the next staff meeting is. Well boom in comes the new guy who says I can present tomorrow and the boss is like "really? I'm actually in town tomorrow so let's Do it." And he moves up the start date to tomorrow and the new guy looks like the hero.

Don't believe all the media hype.

Might be a good idea for everyone here to take the firearms course and get a gun license, just in case.

Might be a good idea for everyone here to take the firearms course and get a gun license, just in case.

Just in case the refugees don't cause any issues...the locals can pick up the slack and go on a shooting spree just like in the US? Keeps the news busy.

Back
Top Bottom