Dear potheads, Merry Christmas! | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dear potheads, Merry Christmas!

I do and don't get this.

What I do get is that this is necessary if they want a provincially regulated system in the future once it's legalized.

What I don't get is whether or not these guys understand that once these dispensaries are gone, the black market is just going to go back to thriving.

That's not to say none of these dispensaries are fuelled by the black market, but id trust them over Joe shmoe on the streets.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I do and don't get this.

What I do get is that this is necessary if they want a provincially regulated system in the future once it's legalized.

What I don't get is whether or not these guys understand that once these dispensaries are gone, the black market is just going to go back to thriving.

That's not to say none of these dispensaries are fuelled by the black market, but id trust them over Joe shmoe on the streets.

I wouldn't buy anything from a guy named Joe Schmoe. Even if I was high.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Live discussion for raids yesterday

http://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=104070

Police getting roasted.

Just a quick recap:

When the COP (chief of police - mark saunders) stated that dispensaries were raided and closed down "for public safety", reporters/activists responded by asking how many people were harmed. After repeatedly ignoring the question multiple times, he threw 2 reporters out.

A bit later, other reporters continued to ask the question and the COP responded with "you don't know the thc content of what you're buying and it differs from one dispensary to the next".

It was also noted by another reporter/activist that even Health Canada's licensed dispensaries do not have numbers of the thc content of their product as it is never the same. This statement was ignored.

Again, the question of "how many people were harmed?" and was ignored once again - followed by a loooooong pause.

The COP was asked about how many of the 180+ charges on 90 people will stick given the upcoming legalization in 2017. He seemed very sure of himself that it would stick.

Of those 90 people, the COP just loved repeating that of TWO of the 90 people arrested, ONE had cocaine and the other ONE had a warrant for unlawful possession of a firearm.

When the question of "how much money/police resources were used to conduct these raids" was brought up, it was ignored.

After their 30 mins was up (10:30AM to 11:00AM), they quickly ended the discussion and left.

TDLR; COP was expressing how this is an issue of public safety, but couldn't mention any one person being harmed and seems to be set to close down the rest of the dispensaries in the name of "public safety" (which the COP could not provide info on who it has harmed).

IMO, there definitely needs to be a place for dispensaries to set up shop (ie. not beside a school or the first floor of an apartment building). The lack of understanding and explanation of how exactly these raids will protect the public's safety (as their main argument point) is insufficient.

Last edited:
Wow I caught the end of that. I think I heard what sounded like Jodie emery talking. This guy couldn't handle the questions

Provided a little recap of what happened.

A little point I found funny was when the question "Why was this project called Project Claudia?"
COP responded with "I'm not sure.... *pause* Oh, it's because it's an issue that keeps getting bigger and bigger... *pause* (mutter) or something like that..."

Last edited:
Black market complained the dispensaries were harming them?????

I believe the COP also mentioned that there was a whopping 80-90 signatures on a petition to shut down a dispensary in their neighborhood.

That was all it took to start raiding them.

When presented with the question of "How about the hundreds or thousands of people that rely on those shops?" - This question was once again ignored.

They're just "protecting" the "public" by taking away what the vast majority of the public want. If we lived in a democracy.................

This also brings back the whole "Whats worse? Alcohol, tobacco, or cannabis?" argument. Tons and tons of proof of why alcohol and tobacco are harmful yet why is it so readily available to anyone on the street? As brucewayne said, "follow the money".

Last edited:
When it actually becomes legal, it will fall into the same realm as alcohol and tobacco. Until then it's illegal, so bit on the fence about the whole thing. Hell, beer is in grocery stores now....wonder if Loblaws will sell weed in the future?

Medical Marijuana users can now grow their own. As if many weren't doing that before already

finally something sensible. These are the new guidelines as determined in our court of law.

number of plants allowed will be determined by doctors note - medical users will be permitted 5 indoor plants per gram / day prescribed.

in other words if doc says use 3 gram per day ...you can grow up to 15 plants, doc says 2g/day...you can grow 10 plants. for those growing outdoor the limit is 2 plants per gram/day prescribed.

This is good; fack the blackmarket. and keep the money out of the big blackmarket gangsters - The corporations who are now charging street prices and getting rich.

This new legal system allows a patient to choose a plant strain that works for them, to grow organically if they choose, and to use weed free from pesticides/herbicides. As it is now corporate pot is not tested for mould and this can be a serious health problem.
Growing their own medical weed gives patients control of what they are putting in their bodies.

Last edited:
Highly recommend Cannabis Culture. Think they have two locations downtown that keep get raided but they open up the next morning. They just recently opened up one in Hamilton. Not much variety, no edibles, but you don't need a card just need to be over 19.

Sent from my raven

Highly recommend Cannabis Culture. Think they have two locations downtown that keep get raided but they open up the next morning. They just recently opened up one in Hamilton. Not much variety, no edibles, but you don't need a card just need to be over 19.

Sent from my raven

Cannabis Culture is the go-to for recreational users or medicinal users who don't have a card.
They offer a limited amount of strains and even fewer concentrates as well as jacked up prices for a few things.

Currently, cannabis is widely accepted by the general population and had it been put up to a vote, it would have been legalized by now, or at the very least, decriminalized. Isn't this why we have democracy so that THE PEOPLE can decide how our country should run by the vote of the majority?

Given the number of years propaganda of how weed makes you go crazy, and to being a gateway drug to other harder drugs, ~40% of disapproval in the worst of areas is hardly a reason to say that most people disagree with the proposition of legalization.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ree-pot-should-be-legal-poll/article28944411/

Back
Top Bottom