Dear potheads, Merry Christmas! | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dear potheads, Merry Christmas!

Now that pot is going to be legal here and not across the border.I wonder how many people will be turned away because they have admitted using?

Likely won't be turned away from using, but will likely be moved to secondary screening and have your car/things searched. In other words, don't bring anything with you.

Pretty much the same with Americans trying to get into Canada with guns. "Because it's legal and they're licensed in the US".

The consequences of both carrying both over would be different though. May get screwed with drug trafficking going into the US if you have weed.

Last edited:
Too bad none of the border states are weed legal. You could cross there and be fine? Though border is federal....so maybe not.

Not only turned away actually, but barred from entry for life. For ever having smoked pot in your life.

https://globalnews.ca/news/2938993/...rder-guard-and-you-could-get-banned-for-life/

Americans caught entering Canada with guns don't get it as rough.

They interviewed a person that got banned "Years ago". Curious if there had been a case more recent given the current circumstances.

"Years ago", if you used drugs, you're seen as a hardened criminal in the eyes of the law.

It does, however suck pretty bad for her.

FWIW, I'm not saying this isn't an issue. It definitely will be.

Last edited:
Too bad none of the border states are weed legal. You could cross there and be fine? Though border is federal....so maybe not.
There are a couple states bordering Canada: Maine, Washington State, Vermont, Alaska.

But like you said it's still federally illegal so this wouldn't fly.

I'm noticing a psychedelic resurgence, particularly LSD -- 1p-LSD can be purchased legally, Mushroom spores can be bought legally with no issue, ayahuasca (though this is more popular in south american retreats), MDMA has had a resurgence for a while now in the EDM Scene but realistically who really knows what they're ingesting in that scene.

Mushrooms in particular are easily accessible in Canada. I'm wondering how long until those are legalized. The only reason I don't see that gaining as much ground as pot did is because the effects last so much longer that it's not popular in the sense that they are used every day, but they're popular in the sense that more people are trying them for the first time.

They interviewed a person that got banned "Years ago". Curious if there had been a case more recent given the current circumstances.

"Years ago", if you used drugs, you're seen as a hardened criminal in the eyes of the law.

It does, however suck pretty bad for her.

FWIW, I'm not saying this isn't an issue. It definitely will be.
This is very much a present-day issue. I don't see where you get the quote that she was banned "years ago".

In any case, the lawyer they interviewed said it's been going on for decades, he's had dozens of cases like hers, and most recently Canadian diplomats have been actively discussing the issue with US officials to try and minimize the impact to otherwise harmelss Canadians.

There's no way that, since 2016 when the article was written, this border 'security' practice has become any more lenient under Trump.

This is very much a present-day issue. I don't see where you get the quote that she was banned "years ago".

In any case, the lawyer they interviewed said it's been going on for decades, he's had dozens of cases like hers, and most recently Canadian diplomats have been actively discussing the issue with US officials to try and minimize the impact to otherwise harmelss Canadians.

There's no way that, since 2016 when the article was written, this border 'security' practice has become any more lenient under Trump.

At 0:59 of the video of the interview, they narrated "Years ago"... (Jessica Goldstein's story here).

I wouldn't think people would be issued a ban nowadays where 44.5% (of Canadians) or 45% (of Ontarians) have smoked pot as of 2015. That's just my opinion, unless a current day ban from "doing it once in your life" was issued recently to show otherwise.

Being turned back, maybe.

Dug up the article from when this occurred in 2013: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Wh...+after+admitting+marijuana/8865511/story.html

It seems they can ban you for being deemed a habitual user, however, for the most part, it seems people are getting through for being honest.

I guess rolling into the US is a roll of the dice with the odds in your favor, however if they aren't, you're kind of F'ed. Lets see how this plays out.

Last edited:
CGC up 3.4 today, when Friday is typically a selloff day
Mexico ditch weed produced by criminal cartels
will not be entering our highly regulated industry
NAFTA notwithstanding

CGC up 3.4 today, when Friday is typically a selloff day
Mexico ditch weed produced by criminal cartels
will not be entering our highly regulated industry
NAFTA notwithstanding

By "highly regulated" you must mean that the buy in is high enough to weed out all the chaff?
I doubt that the Mexican cartels are cash poor.
OC already has control of at least a couple of our squeaky clean LP's
A few of the LP's are actually in the business of selling pot to consumers the rest are in the business of selling stock period.

Well best of luck to you and your investments
Believe isnt that what that fine upstanding fella that was pumping and dumping that wonderful CEN biotech stock was always saying?

yes, federally still a Sched 1 controlled narcotic
even state to state is a felony
across international borders, legally, is a long way away

and there are actually 3 border states with legal rec wed
WA, VT and ME

CGC ended the day up 15.41 %
tough decisions to make

let it ride until retail sales begin and see where it goes?
or take the profit now?

either way I expect a correction before the week is over
wtf, been long for over 3 years, let it ride and stay long

in 2 years $4 a share long and well remember amazon back in the day for the ones who sold . a grand 20 years ago in their stock would be a million today . just sayin greed can be an interceptor but getting in low will result in a profit eventually, unless you held nortel :-(
CGC ended the day up 15.41 %
tough decisions to make

let it ride until retail sales begin and see where it goes?
or take the profit now?

either way I expect a correction before the week is over
wtf, been long for over 3 years, let it ride and stay long

Back
Top Bottom