Dear potheads, Merry Christmas! | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dear potheads, Merry Christmas!

We can make our own booze and can do it for much less than the LCBO sells it. BUT, when I want some I can just walk into the store and buy it, I don't have to wait weeks, months... for it to ferment, or in this case grow. Sure it is cheaper on your own but it takes planning and that is only for a small portion of the general population.

I can also make my own cheese for way less than market (store) value, but I have to plan weeks or months ahead and it takes effort (except for mozzarella--that's 30 minutes)

Key, I want some now not weeks...months...from now.

Also people with yards will have issues growing it because some tweaker will poach it--once they figure out where, back to hydroponics and inside.

We live in a want it now society, lots of examples of this.

We live in a want it now society, lots of examples of this.

Fair enough, I guess it really comes down to people who are able to plan further than a couple months down the road.

I'm not saying that the system will fail as there will be a decent amount of people buying from the gov't, but I predict the sales will drop drastically for daily users that realize they're spending (4g/wk = ~$2600/yr) vs setting it and pretty much forgetting it for a few months for a few bucks to get much more than 4g/wk for the entirety of the next year(s).

Guess it makes sense for the occasional user who lights up once in a while though.

I guess I'm also a bit biased because I like growing things for the sake of growing things.
I'm growing basil, mint, green onions, thyme, and a red chilli plant for the sake of growing it (some of which I don't use, and give away to people that do).

Last edited:
Just out of interest, does growing pot indoors release substantially more moisture than a normal houseplant? Obviously full scale grow ops cause moisture problems due to the quantity of plants. I was wondering about the 6 legal plants being an issue in a rental dwelling (and by extension, 6 plants/unit in many TCH buildings).

Just out of interest, does growing pot indoors release substantially more moisture than a normal houseplant? Obviously full scale grow ops cause moisture problems due to the quantity of plants. I was wondering about the 6 legal plants being an issue in a rental dwelling (and by extension, 6 plants/unit in many TCH buildings).

Short answer: If you were to spread out pot plants the way you do your house plants, it would be relatively the same in terms of moisture (most would have a dedicated enclosed area to control the smell).

On the previous note on cost, typically costs go up especially when it comes to the government. Once they monopolize and control most of the weed flowing around, the same thing is going to happen to it as it did for cigarettes and beer.
https://www.cp24.com/news/from-weed...ducers-hit-by-minimum-pay-rate-hike-1.3779629

Last edited:
Sure
I can see folks that are into gardening

Particularly those with a green house
This would be pretty straight forward for them

People with busy schedules
And particularly condo dwellers
Are gonna go to the WCBO

Not saying these middle aged people
Are going to become stoners

But it's a huge market with disposable income
For recreational
And for those will self medicate
Without having to jump through hoops to do so

Sent from my [device_name] using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Haha, maybe commercial pot isn't quite as controlled as they hope yet.

from http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/two-toronto-police-officers-suspended-1.4509048

Two Toronto police officers, who are believed to have ingested marijuana edibles while on-duty early Sunday, have been suspended.

According to Mark Pugash, a spokesperson for Toronto Police Service, both officers work at 13 Division and are under investigation by the force's professional standards unit following an incident that happened Sunday.

CBC News has learned the officers were on-duty, not far from the station at Eglinton Avenue West and Allen Road, when they allegedly ingested pot edibles. Police sources tell CBC Toronto, the officers began to hallucinate and one made a call for an officer needing assistance. Both officers were found in a police vehicle and later treated in hospital.

During the call, another officer responding to the scene slipped on ice and required medical attention. That officer suffered a head injury.

Over the weekend, Toronto police carried out a raid at Community Cannibas Clinic, a marijuana dispensary at St. Clair Avenue West near Dufferin Street.

Sources tell CBC Toronto the marijuana edibles the officers ingested are believed to have come from this dispensary. It's unclear if the officers participated in the raid over the weekend.

EDIT:
from 680news.com

Two Toronto police officers ate marijuana edibles that were seized during a dispensary raid on Saturday night, a source tells CityNews.

The two officers were not in uniform when they allegedly consumed the weed edibles, but were on duty, the source said.

Last edited:
Haha, maybe commercial pot isn't quite as controlled as they hope yet.

from http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/two-toronto-police-officers-suspended-1.4509048

Two Toronto police officers, who are believed to have ingested marijuana edibles while on-duty early Sunday, have been suspended.

According to Mark Pugash, a spokesperson for Toronto Police Service, both officers work at 13 Division and are under investigation by the force's professional standards unit following an incident that happened Sunday.

CBC News has learned the officers were on-duty, not far from the station at Eglinton Avenue West and Allen Road, when they allegedly ingested pot edibles. Police sources tell CBC Toronto, the officers began to hallucinate and one made a call for an officer needing assistance. Both officers were found in a police vehicle and later treated in hospital.

During the call, another officer responding to the scene slipped on ice and required medical attention. That officer suffered a head injury.

Over the weekend, Toronto police carried out a raid at Community Cannibas Clinic, a marijuana dispensary at St. Clair Avenue West near Dufferin Street.

Sources tell CBC Toronto the marijuana edibles the officers ingested are believed to have come from this dispensary. It's unclear if the officers participated in the raid over the weekend.

*Facepalm*

Not only were they doing edibles on-duty, but behind the wheel of a car; a police car...

Hallucinate...on pot...?

Potentially stolen edibles from a previous raid...

This definitely doesn't help the stigma associated to pot...

REEFER MADNESS!

Last edited:

The moisture/mold issues have more to do with inadequate ventilation due to growers trying to contain the scent of MJ than plant transpiration.Ive seen a few homes where folks were growing vegetables indoors and destroyed the place.

I thought I read somewhere it was going to be a 4 plant allowance (w/ no plant height restrictions) to grow your own, come July 2018 as the federally mandated minimum standard. I also thought I read that each province can tailor their guidelines individually, but must at least allow for this minimum standard.

Growing these plants is extremely easy. Growing them extremely well is not. It all depends on what your goals are.

If you want a long term supply, then 4 plants can easily provide over a years worth. If you know how to do it well, you could grow 5-10 years worth in one year, with just 4 plants, depending on how much you consume. Rinse and repeat each year if you like.

Bill C45 up for final vote in Senate today
opposition amendments were voted down 45-29
so it appears the Gov has the votes

but at the last minute, Trudeau to swear in 2 new Senators
so I guess the whip is telling him it's gong to be close

Tories expected to filibuster as long as they can
but there will be a vote before midnight

investment community is nervous
weed stocks down across the board this morning
but only a few points
if they had insider info about a No vote
there would be a massive sell off with billions lost

and the news has changed, earlier must have been Fake News

C45 has passed Senate 56-30 with lots of amendments
so back it goes to the House, to accept, reject or amend
then back to the Senate, then goes for Royal Assent

so today was the last big hurdle
House is apparently going to accept 29 of the amendments
which should make enough Senators happy
legal weed by late Sept - early October I'd say

Mandatory screening only applies to alcohol, not cannabis. Here are the changes in detail:

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/news/2017/04/backgrounder_changestoimpaireddrivinglaws.html

Roadside oral fluid drug screeners
Following a legal roadside stop, law enforcement would be authorized to demand that a driver provide an oral fluid sample if they reasonably suspect that a driver has drugs in their body. A positive reading would assist in developing reasonable grounds to believe that an offence has been committed. Once the officer has reasonable grounds to believe an offence has been committed, they could demand a drug evaluation by an “evaluating officer”, or a blood sample.

Mandatory alcohol screening
The proposed mandatory alcohol screening provisions would authorize law enforcement officers who have an “approved screening device” at hand to demand breath samples of any drivers they lawfully stop, without first requiring that they have a suspicion that the driver has alcohol in their body. As research shows that many impaired drivers are able to escape detection at check stops, this authority would help police detect more drivers who are “over 80” and reduce litigation regarding whether or not the officer had a reasonable suspicion. The result of a test on an approved screening device would not, by itself, lead to a charge. It would lead only to further investigation, including a test on an approved instrument at the police station.

Now that pot is going to be legal here and not across the border.I wonder how many people will be turned away because they have admitted using?

Now that pot is going to be legal here and not across the border.I wonder how many people will be turned away because they have admitted using?

It may depend on the State through which you are about to enter and thus the State laws? But borders are Federal and the Feds are pretty anti drug. It's going to get complicated.

I was with a guy turned back for a drug (pot) charge, not a conviction, he was only charged with possession. His mistake was in how he answered the border officer. Asked if he ever had a drug charge, he said NO, officer repeated the question and gave the guy the date of the charge, guy said NO I wasnt convicted. Officer said I didnt ask for a conviction I asked if you had been charged. You just lied to a border officer and are denied entry to the US. And then he has a tag on his file that he has been denied entry, so next time he will get grilled.

The border guys have a lot of discretion in their power to interpret a situation on the American side.

Back
Top Bottom