AirGlide 3 mesh pants | GTAMotorcycle.com

AirGlide 3 mesh pants

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Picked up a pair new at a very good price and like them a lot.

The intention for me is light, cool protection for riding in Australia and these fit the bill.

Airglide3MeshTechOverpantPewter.jpg

For the first time I've found a pair with knee armor that actually can be adjusted to cover the knee to the top when riding.

They are very comfy to wear and flexible in the right places.

Hip armor is not noticeable - GF approved for more protection of my aging bones.

I'm using with suspenders which I would recommend. ( for all riding pants)

[video=youtube;v4gMCN4Qy1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4gMCN4Qy1w[/video]

Velcro system at the bottom is a tad fiddly but can be adjusted to fit tight to your boots - so no flapping fabric. They are roomie so even in this weather I can put long johns on for comfort.
I suspect the high tech waterproof liner will not be that useful for me but might try it tomorrow.

Not badly priced and I've always liked Olympia gear for fit and durability.

Not quite sure the knee protection is as good as my Thor but there is even enough room to wear those as well. Will likely settle on one or the other. 511s might be retired ...these are very comfortable, cooler and ballistic protection>

In summer I'd be wearing shorts under them quite happily and I do appreciate the hip armor.....not intrusive at all.

Last edited:
Please update again after a few more rides. I wonder if the knee armour would adjust enough for me....but I am still very happy with the Icons. They were perfect for those cool morning rides into work this past summer.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Did you get the knee armor when you picked them up.?
The AirGlides are lighter.
I suspect I might not have sold them if I'd figured out hope much difference suspenders make.

I was surprised the knee armor would come high enough on the AIrGlides

Did you get the knee armor when you picked them up.?
The AirGlides are lighter.
I suspect I might not have sold them if I'd figured out hope much difference suspenders make.

I was surprised the knee armor would come high enough on the AIrGlides
Yes took the knee armour. Even at the highest, still too low. Had my MIL shorten them a bit and stitch in new pockets for the armour, something she said she won't do again. Also, ended up goinggl the suspenders route as per your suggestion. $20 at Wal-Mart for some wide heavy duty ones. Yes, they work great!

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Get the Thor knee protectors and lose the in pant protectors. I have a second pair that you are welcome to for $20...they could use a stitch to shorten the straps ...all they need

fox-launch-sport-knee-pads-78756-1.jpg

they are not bulky

I have a pair of these and have put about 20k on them, in addition to the Ranger 3 pants which I use for all my other commuting needs. The Airglide 3 are a good, hot weather textile pant which I usually use as an overpant. There is a good amount of airflow that passes through them while moving. The velcro at the base of the pant legs is better than the Ranger 3 pants. The liner that came with these is quite comfortable and warm - I use it for really cold weather riding under my Ranger 3 pants or under my Motoport pants for long distance travel.

On the downside, I find that the Airglide 3 pants are a bit looser fitting than the Ranger 3 pants, so the armour in the knees moves around a lot. I also don't think these pants will do too much in the way of abrasion resistance or impact protection - the armour is very thin and the outer shell areas aren't as tough or thick as the Ranger 3 Pants. They are still way better than jeans or maybe even better than Kevlar jeans?

With the knee or shin protectors, this would still be a really good combo for the hot weather stuff. It's also nice that there is a full length side zipper/velcro to remove them and keep your boots on too.
Good pants overall.

I've had a pair for about 4 seasons. Good hot weather pant, well made and seem to be holding up well.

how are you cleaning them ??? just brushing dirt off?? Heading to Australia and considering bothering to wash them ....might just bundle in a plastic bag....gonna get dirt and wet there anyways.

Really enjoying the full length zipper ....easy with boots and knee armour

Last edited:
I wash them once a year and just put them in the tub with hot water, a bit of soap and get the bulk of the dirt out. Rinse well and hang dry.

I have thrown some of my other Olympia gear in the washing machine before but some of the reflective piping came off.

yup, went to the bike show this morning.
Some crazy dude was sitting on my bike.
There was a few other nutjobs who rode too.
IMG_1107%5B1%5D-XL.jpg

IMG_1105%5B1%5D-XL.jpg

yup, went to the bike show this morning.
Some crazy dude was sitting on my bike.
There was a few other nutjobs who rode too.
IMG_1107%5B1%5D-XL.jpg

IMG_1105%5B1%5D-XL.jpg
Hahaha sry shane had to ;)
She's pretty comfortable I may add

how are you cleaning them ??? just brushing dirt off?? Heading to Australia and considering bothering to wash them ....might just bundle in a plastic bag....gonna get dirt and wet there anyways.

Really enjoying the full length zipper ....easy with boots and knee armour

I wash all textile gear the same way. Label and remove armour, fill washing machine tub 1/2 way with warm water and mix in a capful of dishwasher rinse aid as a wetting agent + add detergent. Set washer on gentle cycle , add gear and top up water to full. Leave on with lid up (assuming a top loader) to prevent washer moving to next cycle, repeat wash a few times and then close lid, rinse cycle and then hang dry. It can take one full wash cycle before the gear is really wet and washing properly. So far no problems with this approach.

Back
Top Bottom