Canada -Wide Cannonball 500 / Cannonball 1000 June 11th, 12th - 2016 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canada -Wide Cannonball 500 / Cannonball 1000 June 11th, 12th - 2016

CannonballRides

I realize it is very close to Christmas and many of us have the festive season on our minds, which is a good thing perhaps however many of us are also drooling about our next rides coming up in the spring. The snow has yet to hit however it will be here soon enough.I ran into snow actually last week up in Timmins setting up the northern portion of the ride with dealership starting points etc.

• I wanted to reach out to all fellow riders and let them know about the next series of Cannonball rides coming up for June of 2016. The rides I offer are designed to take you on a journey to see some of the best roads each province and territories offer within Canada.

• The rides are FREE to enter, nothing to buy. The rides are open to all makes and models. The only thing you can buy in fact is your Patch and that is only if you earned it and can prove it!

I must say this.... my rides are not easy, if they were what would be the point :) Cannonball rides are not a race. No one WINS when safety is not the first consideration. You need to be consistent with your speed, take short breaks if you wish to complete within the time frame given. You are on your own, you decide when and where you start. You must finish where you started to complete the loop within the given time. We assume no liability whatsoever before, during or after the ride. The only thing you are chasing with any of my rides is Time!

• The Cannonball rides are now in 6 provinces ( working on 7th and 8th now) and 1 territory, each offering the best of the roads each has to offer. I work with fellow riders and dealers to create the most unique rides as possible. I expect by the June ride or at the very least the September ride of 2016 to be in every province.

• If you can go to the website (Cannonball500.ca or Cannonball1000.ca) you will see many of the rides in each of the provinces are now posted, only a couple left to complete. I am now verifying the starting points, contacting dealers throughout each of these rides and locking them in for the June rides. Ontario has 7 rides alone for that weekend. 2 rides for the west, 2 rides for the east, and 3 rides for the north ( Request just came in for Wawa - 500 mile loop only ) - rounding out the best possible roads for every rider. Riders can easily access any ride from almost all points within Ontario now.

• New this spring is the Cannonball 1000. Which as the name suggests is 1000 miles. The beauty of this ride is I have broken it up into a weekend ride. You will start at any of the locations shown, ride for 12 hours, take 12 hours off, shower, nice dinner, take a motel or camp and the next morning complete the journey back home - ending up where you started. This new venue should prove to be a very fun weekend.

• I expect at the Toronto Super Show, Jan 8,9,10, where I am exhibiting the event I should be able to find well priced accommodations throughout the many routes across the province.I will post what I can find. I am exhibiting so see what time I have to search out.

• The traditional Cannonball 500 mile ride will leave on the Sunday as before and return 12 hours later back to where you started to complete that loop. I am sure you will all find a ride close to you - and I am very hopeful all will have a great time.

Please take the time to review the website, Any questions please let me know - I will be in my booth for all 3 days and hope to meet many of you at that time! Cheers - Purdyman

Visit Website: Click Here
View Poster: Click here

Attachments

• Cannonball-June-2016-Rides-gta-forum.jpg
    Cannonball-June-2016-Rides-gta-forum.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Edit: Post deleted. Just reading things wrong... :)

Last edited:
Registered. Thank You.

Registered! No Father's Day on this weekend like the last time!

Well - here we go it is 2016 and the news of the day is ALL provinces are now on board. I have a few volunteers who agreed to help me. We now have rides for every single province in place.
Think about it - imagine on two weekends a year riders all across Canada can now dedicate a few days to their machine. Going this year for the Platinum patch ( 1000 Miles ) which in itself will be a feat.
Thank you to all who have agreed to help see this become a staple within the Canadian Diet of Motorcycle Rides. Two rides a year - Spring and Fall - that's it.

Personally I can hardly wait - I took the time prior to Christmas to Drive the north and review the roads for the 1000 Northern ride. I know for sure where i am heading - talk about twistys - The road between Timmins and Thessalon ( Hwy 129 ) is absolutely crazy - My car was air-born twice on this road. I actually drove for 6 hours and only saw 5 vehicles :) Note: You will want to stop and get gas in Chapleau - there is absolutely nothing anywhere else.

http://www.cannonball500.ca/resources/1000-northern-ontario-cannonball1000-ride-v2.png

http://www.cannonball500.ca/ride-maps.php

Has anyone submitted the paperwork required by the Iron Butt Assoc. after doing the CB500? I haven't seen any mention on their website recognizing the 500 as a ride for which they would issue a certificate.

Iron Butt Question: I met with quite a few fellow riders at the Toronto Super Show. The one thing that held true was that every person that sent away for their certificate from the Iron Butt Association still had not heard a thing. It has been 6 months, I then ran into others who did similar from the Wharf Rat Rally Nova Scotia rides. Ditto and they had been a year! SO being able to make decisions on which direction the Cannonball Rides is heading - I am opting to remove them on a go forward. The last thing I want is for the credibility of the rides to be questioned, when I have no control towards it.

I hope you appreciate why I removed them. ON a brighter note: Did you see the pictures of the booth from the show! My god was it busy. We gave out just over 3500 flyers for the event.
http://www.cannonball500.ca/Show-Booth2016.php met up with Horny Mike, Rolly and of course Paul Teutel Jr

Everything is coming together - we are solid in nearly every province in Canada Now! Each of the rides are posted on the website now. No MORE FATHERS DAY ride :)

We offer the two day weekend warrior ride ( 1000 miles ) and the one day 500 mile ride. Please check the maps - Ontario for example now has a total of 9 rides. This way virtually no matter where you live - you can enter one of the rides. Northern Ontario 500 and 100 Mile ride, Eastern Ontario 1000 and 500 mile rides and of course Western Ontario 1000 and 500 mile rides. Imagine spending your day doing nothing but riding over some of the best paved roads possible. Pick your Ride, Plan where you want to stay and ride on out.

Please visit the website as everything has been updated. Dealers are signing up everywhere now. Build it and they will come - ALL OF THEM :)

My Favorite part of these rides truly is that you are on your won. Might be a group of bud's or girls and you arrive , register and go!

No large groups, just you and whoever you go with and off you ride. You truly do your own thing. All you have to do is follow the routes, stop where the dealerships are and be back within the time-frame given.

How much better does it truly get? Register today - It cost you NOTHING - The rides are FREE - great prizes to be won!

Cheers,

Do you have to follow the route or can you select your own while still hitting all the dealership?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Do you have to follow the route or can you select your own while still hitting all the dealership?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No you don't. You only have to hit the Dealers in order. If you don't follow the route you might not have time to finish the route.

anyone going?

I'm seriously considering the 500. Need to talk to the wife tonight. Aka, get permission! LOL

I'm going to do the central ontario 500. If anyone else is interested in joining me? Going to start in Kitchener likely.

Back
Top Bottom