MotoGP Austin April 8 - 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP Austin April 8 - 10

Chaos

I am considering riding down to the MotoGP race in Austin. I figure I would do the ride down in 3-4 days (no rush) spend the few days in the city to watch the race etc, and then ride back (another route maybe? Tennessee is not too far way...)

Has anyone done this trip before?

It's a long ride down there and a lot of it will be pretty boring. Tennessee really isn't on the way either.

Honestly I'd rather fly down there. Fairly cheap out of Detroit, then just rent a car while there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We keep talking about it, but at the end of the day, for the cost of getting there and back on a plane, and having to take off Thursday and maybe Monday from work, you can start to consider going to Sachsenring / Silverstone back to back weekends in the summer.

I am with Caboose though, gotta fly that one... BYO Clamato, right?

We keep talking about it, but at the end of the day, for the cost of getting there and back on a plane, and having to take off Thursday and maybe Monday from work, you can start to consider going to Sachsenring / Silverstone back to back weekends in the summer.

I am with Caboose though, gotta fly that one... BYO Clamato, right?

Funny you say that. It's really not that much cheaper to go to Austin than it is to do a European fly-away. The reason to go to Austin is more the ride down than anything. But if it's all slab (which is what it looks like) then maybe a fly-away is better anyway.

I wish Indy were still on the schedule.

Funny you say that. It's really not that much cheaper to go to Austin than it is to do a European fly-away. The reason to go to Austin is more the ride down than anything. But if it's all slab (which is what it looks like) then maybe a fly-away is better anyway.

I wish Indy were still on the schedule.

I know exactly what you're saying... it is such a bummer, and the biggest one of all I think is that WSBK calendar has been confirmed and Indianapolis is not on it. So no methadone substitute for us.

FYI Austin is actually a pretty awesome city to visit. There is some really cool stuff in that area that is worth seeing.

I'd go again.

FYI Austin is actually a pretty awesome city to visit. There is some really cool stuff in that area that is worth seeing.

I'd go again.

I have a friend who works for Starwood and she says the same thing.
Could maybe go to Texas for a week with the family I guess.

I am considering riding down to the MotoGP race in Austin. I figure I would do the ride down in 3-4 days (no rush) spend the few days in the city to watch the race etc, and then ride back (another route maybe? Tennessee is not too far way...)

Has anyone done this trip before?

Gone to MotoGP Austin but we flew. Austin is a nice city.

I have ridden the bike from TO to Dallas and back. Even with 3 days the space between southern Missouri to Dallas will be a sleeper. In fact, most of it was a sleeper.

I would fly to TX any day.

I think if seeing the GP was your focus I'd shop flights, its a long drive, especially if you get a two day april shower.

Don't dismiss flying out of T.O. without checking, with a 35% kick on the US dollar I'm getting better rates into the southwest from Toronto than buffalo right now.

The US dollar is making seeing an European race look better all the time.

I did the same thing with f1 races in Europe. I was sick of the hotel gouging in Montreal for f1. It was the same price or less to fly to Brussels, get hotels at $100 a night and drive to spa francorchamps ( one of the best tracks in the world). Montreal is banned for me.
It was also reasonable for motogp in both laguna Seca (when they raced there) and misano Italy.
Wsbk tickets for laguna Seca raceway were cheap too. Hotels/motels increase their prices during races but nowhere near Montreals 300% lol.

I think if seeing the GP was your focus I'd shop flights, its a long drive, especially if you get a two day april shower.

Don't dismiss flying out of T.O. without checking, with a 35% kick on the US dollar I'm getting better rates into the southwest from Toronto than buffalo right now.

The US dollar is making seeing an European race look better all the time.

Good point. I went in 2013 when the dollar was close to par.

Back
Top Bottom