Near death crash.... should I ride again? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Near death crash.... should I ride again?

Update: I'm back riding again, picked up a 2013 CBR500. Insurance rate is at 2800/year (an r3 with same power is 2200 wtf?).

Nothing on my insurance record right now except a minor speeding ticket from last year. Still have to get this careless driving ticket dismissed though.

Feels good to be back.

Update: I'm back riding again, picked up a 2013 CBR500. Insurance rate is at 2800/year (an r3 with same power is 2200 wtf?).

Don't think the R3 has the same power but they're probably basing the rates on displacement. They're kinda dumb that way...

Nothing on my insurance record right now except a minor speeding ticket from last year. Still have to get this careless driving ticket dismissed though.

Feels good to be back.

The CBR500 is a nice bike. Very smooth and nimble. Now go ride on gravel and dirt SLOWLY, so you get used to it. And don't take turns you haven't been through in the last 15 minutes at speeds you can't avoid potholes, gravel, roadkill, etc.

Feels good to be back.

Just curious: are you wearing gear?

Just curious: are you wearing gear?

Ill be completely honest.

Yes i'm wearing gear (boots, gloves, jacket, and jeans) whenever i'm out riding for fun.

If i'm sanely commuting on roads with a speed limit under 50kmph, ill just wear gloves and a helmet, the jacket is a personal choice. I've had my share of road rash, from racing longboards of speeds from 50-100kmph. Relating to the crash, I had no road rash, and was wearing a light sweater.

Back
Top Bottom