What did you do OR have to do to your Race/Track Bike 2016 | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do OR have to do to your Race/Track Bike 2016

Cheapo way to raise the front end without $400 fork extenders.

20160424192041-028dfc28-me.jpg

And of course my "Shannonville mods"

20160518104251-be119265-me.jpg

:(

Well I've refreshed my ZX6R '09 (cams, train, port, polish...)
and bought a ZX10R '13 to play with the big boys... loll

Refreshed all the break fluids this wknd and got almost all my decals on the trailer and bikes !
Safety lights on the tail section for rain races.

Bikes are ready and packed for Shannonville... now if only Hindle can ship back my mufflers ASAP so I can ride this wknd !!!

Here are some pics

Last edited:
Brakes, oil, coolant, gas - all fluids swapped.

New battery installed.

Giv'r gas and haul ***! 4 more sleeps til Mmmmosport. Can't wait I LOVE that track.

Finally got a lap timer! Last year I'd have to pull in during qualifying or practice to see my times. This year I'll know if I'm on pace or if I should come in. It was a major issue last year when I'd come in because I thought I was doing ok and had clear track only to find out I had to drop another few tenths for a good grid position. By the time I got back out I'd end up in traffic. I highly doubt traffic will be an issue this year but atleast I'll know if I'm putting in good laps. It also has a built in data logger that hooks right to my ecu and will give me throttle postion, wheel speeds, gear, temp, accel/braking (through gps) and a few other things. I checked out the sample data....ya that's going to take some time to learn lol, it looks like Hebrew to me right now.

We'll see how long I can keep the protective plastic on there lol.

GPS or Beacon? I find the GPS ones are more consistent.

GPS or Beacon? I find the GPS ones are more consistent.

Gps. I didn't want a beacon because it was one more thing to deal with and I would end up loosing it. I also wanted data so I could be like the cool kids lol. This was the easiest/cheapest way to get it all in one box.

Thanks to you my food scale still has wrap.on it. Thanks to it I'm down 30 lbs.

Enjoy the season, I'll cheer along

Wow! Congratulations! On both haha.

Be sure to come say hi this year. I'll have free posters. Everyone likes free posters.

Just bought my 1st one!
Planning to give it a fresh coat of paint and a colour change.
Then have to pick a # for the plate.

Learned that the light on Bickle warmers does not necessarily mean they are producing heat. Wire broke. If I was designing these, this indicator would be wired in series. i.e it should be an AND condition of input power and continuity. Hard lesson learned, so be sure to hand check before every session.

Bickle's new prototype warmers are a big step up from his older ones. My Bickles never really get my tires hot through to the wheel.

Did you crash due to low tire temperature?
Learned that the light on Bickle warmers does not necessarily mean they are producing heat. Wire broke. If I was designing these, this indicator would be wired in series. i.e it should be an AND condition of input power and continuity. Hard lesson learned, so be sure to hand check before every session.

On the outlap, had heat in the morning then broke just before lunch

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I dont know about others, but when I have the warmers on, I am constantly (like every 5-10 minutes) checking the temperature and air pressure of my tires.

When I remove a set of warmers from a motorcycle that is not my own, right before I pull of the last velcro strap there is a bare hand that goes onto the tire as a check.
Several times i have found faulty warmers or just warmers that were never plugged in, found at the very last second.

On the outlap, had heat in the morning then broke just before lunch

Ah, that sucks, hope you are ok. Same thing happened to me but during a race, I lasted less than a lap.

Since then I bought a temperature reader gun and take a reading once the warmers come out. They go on sale At CT all the time

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah, cold tire crash caused a decent amount of damage. No injuries. I bought a set of tire socks that really help on the cool/windy days

Bickle's new prototype warmers are a big step up from his older ones. My Bickles never really get my tires hot through to the wheel.

I've never used anything but his warmers (on my 3rd set) and my wheels are always warm. If you're using them in windy conditions use covers.

I dont know about others, but when I have the warmers on, I am constantly (like every 5-10 minutes) checking the temperature and air pressure of my tires.

When I remove a set of warmers from a motorcycle that is not my own, right before I pull of the last velcro strap there is a bare hand that goes onto the tire as a check.
Several times i have found faulty warmers or just warmers that were never plugged in, found at the very last second.

^THIS! Never assume, anything can happen!

Trust me, his new warmers are a fairly big step forward. Yes his older warmers worked but nothing like these ones, they are up to temp fast, they get the tires warmer and they have skirts to cover more of the wheel and tire. Not to mention temperature sensors to let you know what the temp is at.

I thought he only sold chinese ones now?

Back
Top Bottom