What did you do OR have to do to your Race/Track Bike 2016 | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do OR have to do to your Race/Track Bike 2016

You could try having a rad shop weld a new neck on. I had to do that to my old GSXR for the same reason.

You could try having a rad shop weld a new neck on. I had to do that to my old GSXR for the same reason.
Thanks! I will do this and keep it as a spare. Just bought one off kijiji, should be here in a couple of days.

W T F

I could actually use one, my rad is a bit beat up, hard to say how many more events I'll get out of it. Not at $600 used, though. Then again, I don't need the fan...

- New crank position sensor. Hopefully that fixes the cold start issue so Kyle and Melanie stop making fun of me. It hurts my feelings.
- New plugs
- Oil
- Washed it
- Straightened the fairing stay
- Tried to fix the broken plastic instrument cluster mount but got frustrated wity the PlastiFix and just zip tied it on
- Cleaned the chain
- New brake pads
- Changed the timing belts
- Velcroed an iphone running Harry's Lap Timer to the speedometer

That's about it really. Wanted to do much more but no $$. Too busy with home renos this off-season. Maybe next winter I'll actually build the motor. Last year's tires will stay on for SOAR practice weekend, then some new SC1s.

- New Q3's
- refilled rad with distilled water and WW
- adjusted sag

ready for my first track day this weekend (i think)

In the middle of adjusting the valves. Nothing was out of spec but the exhaust side was on the tight side of acceptable. Need 5 shims, I was able to swap the rest around.

Flush the coolant out and put water back in.

Dropping the rotors off tonight for them to be blasted. Using a rotor hone got them to about 80% but there was still a bit of pulsing at slow speeds as not all the old pad material got removed. Then I'm ready for the Sunday test day at Shannonville, well aside from swapping front springs/gearing but that's just track setup.

B bike is now ready. A bike's valves, springs, retainers, seats came in just yesterday :/ The bike never ran properly all last year and I started the job in November... as usual everyone involved in getting it together left everything to the last minute. Knowing this from my prior years of racing, I picked up the B bike but I had hopes I wouldn't have to ride essentially a dead stock bike with a shock on it... ah well.

The 1000 went into the trailer with only about 10 hours of riding on it last year so it should be ready other than tires and coolant.

Off to Deal's Gap next week, so I guess I'll be begging for a track day before the race weekend. Also putting out feelers to get a RSV4 RF-W for racing in 2017.

Spent a little time on a vinyl plotter the other night. Just a little finishing touch.

Couple things to safety wire tonight and Im good to go for Saturday.

Had the motor of the 400 out on Monday to install 4 new exhaust valves after I snapped a rocker at Round 5 in September last year.
attachment.php

I swapped from "sit up and beg" Superbike bars to clip ons, had racetech rebuild my front forks for my weight with proper springs. and swapped the bagged rear spring from a GSF1200 to a Hyper pro spring (stock suspension, just swapped the spring)

I also will swap from my Michelin Pilot Power3 front and Pilot Road 3 rear for a nearly new set of Dunlop Unbeatens once the test weekend is over. No need to clean the track with new tires.

Oh and new brake pads, on a new brake rotor.

Attachments

• BzKQclP.jpg
    BzKQclP.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 114
It's crunch time and 905's bikes and mine are at Accelerated Technologies getting the suspension rebuilt. God I hope he can finish them up before the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom