What did you do OR have to do to your Race/Track Bike 2016 | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do OR have to do to your Race/Track Bike 2016

Read up a bit, John has a new prototype. I tried them out at Rd.3 and they're quite good, similar to the MJ Moto tire warmers.

I thought he only sold chinese ones now?
He sells a lower price Chinese option now, but still sells his high end models as well.

I'm still using a front bickle digital that's gotta be 10 years old, because my woodcraft is out for repair (AGAIN)

End of season and I ended up with the morning off work.

Siphoned the fuel out of the tank.
Oil change, oil filter change.
Unplugged the fuel pump and ran the engine until the carbs went dry. Plugged the fuel pump back in to avert a "why won't it start" next spring.
Took off all the bodywork.
Drained the cooling system and put a piece of tape marked "NO COOLANT" over the ignition switch.
Took the wheels off.
Cleaned the brake calipers and flushed the brake fluid, put the front wheel back on, and bled the brakes (and got a pesky bubble out that has probably been in there for a long time).

Still to do:
Replace the cush drive bushings in the rear wheel.
Re-install the rear wheel.
Replace some fairing bolts that have gone missing.
Clean and re-install the bodywork.

Last edited:
Do you run the rad and hoses dry over winter or replace with coolant.

Lowside at TMP last weekend added lots of things to my list for this winter

- find new ram air
- new front brake lines
- new spedo
- new tank
- pick out all the grass from all the odd places it gets into

non crash related

- drain cooling system
- service forks
- service shock
- brake fluid change
- oil change

OR cut my losses and look for a new track bike

Last edited:
Fixed everything from the crash, changed the oil/filter, drained water and added antifreeze. Loaded it up and dropped it off to its new home. I left a little piece of my soul with it.

A few weeks ago I installed new Dunlop slicks, last week I finally put in the new brake pads that I've had for a few months, on the weekend filled it up with fresh Shell 91 + Sta-Bil, gave it a good run, smiled at the wonderful sound in the garage, then shut it off and sighed. haha...

A few weeks ago I installed new Dunlop slicks, last week I finally put in the new brake pads that I've had for a few months, on the weekend filled it up with fresh Shell 91 + Sta-Bil, gave it a good run, smiled at the wonderful sound in the garage, then shut it off and sighed. haha...

I hate this time of year

Dirt Bike time no?

Not willing to take the chance until I'm healed up properly. Anymore time off work will make sure there's no season at all for me next year.

What about street ride?

I've thought about it but I don't have much spare time right now. What time I do have I'd rather spend with the family instead of singing show tunes in my helmet trying to stay enetertained lol.

Back
Top Bottom