What did you do OR have to do to your Race/Track Bike 2016 | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do OR have to do to your Race/Track Bike 2016

Ground down a bolt to make a new plunger pin for the rear master cylinder.... put it in place, locked it in, good to go.
Just need to pick up a piece of flat bar and make a belly pan mounting bracket.

Whats gonna hold up that wall of the shed then?
Pfff, we just got a new shed that's easily worth more than that bike lol

kyXB1MY.jpg

Got the track bike out of storage.....fired right up.
Drained coolant and flushed out the system.
Replaced with distilled water and water weter.
Removed rad fan.

Installed new Nissin 4 pots, EBC HH pads on the front.
Changed the oil in Scott 's stabilizer.
New Renthal grips.

Now gotta figure out best place to mount Go Pro????

Bled the brakes with Motul RBF660.

Question for you GTAM brake experts; Is RBF660 normally amber colour right out of the bottle? New bottle, just peeled off the seal today, and it's amber. Could barely tell the difference between the old and new fluid. Anything I've used before has been almost clear when new.

Bled the brakes with Motul RBF660.

Question for you GTAM brake experts; Is RBF660 normally amber colour right out of the bottle? New bottle, just peeled off the seal today, and it's amber. Could barely tell the difference between the old and new fluid. Anything I've used before has been almost clear when new.

All the bottles of 660 that I've had the fluid looked dark.

Got my warmer back from Bickle, repaired it under warranty so freeeeeeeee!

10 more sleeps to Mosport. Giddy the **** up!

Well I thought I had my front brake issue solved after having the rotors media blasted but alas I almost lost teeth again this weekend. It's a really weird issue, at high speed the brakes work fine but at slow speed (entering the hairpin, going into/through allens at shannonville) the bike is shaking violently. With the limited track time this weekend I didn't get to try my oem rotors to eliminate them being the cause so I'll have to buy a new set for the upcoming weekend and if the issue continues look at the front wheel bearings.

Aside from all that I need to change the oil, give the bike a good once over, a wash, and I'm ready for the shannonville national. Well the bike is ready anyway lol.

Well I thought I had my front brake issue solved after having the rotors media blasted but alas I almost lost teeth again this weekend. It's a really weird issue, at high speed the brakes work fine but at slow speed (entering the hairpin, going into/through allens at shannonville) the bike is shaking violently. With the limited track time this weekend I didn't get to try my oem rotors to eliminate them being the cause so I'll have to buy a new set for the upcoming weekend and if the issue continues look at the front wheel bearings.

Aside from all that I need to change the oil, give the bike a good once over, a wash, and I'm ready for the shannonville national. Well the bike is ready anyway lol.
I had an issue like that on a bike once, turned out to be a steering head bearing

Well...installed a new motor. Lots of compression....no spark.

Turns out the stator on the new motor was dead...so time to swap from the old motor.

Back
Top Bottom