East Coast Riding Recommendations | GTAMotorcycle.com

East Coast Riding Recommendations

Clem

I'm new to riding on the East Coast and was looking for some recommendations for some great riding roads and trails for next year. I rode the tail of the dragon two weeks ago but that's it for the east coast

I generally take off for a week or even 10 days at a time so I don't mind travelling a little to get there, but what I don't really like is just slabbing miles and miles of interstate. 3 or 4 hours is fine but I have a shoulder problem and it gets pretty painful after that, at least on my current bike.

I currently have a R1200GS and also like to do some trail riding and some light off-roading.

Thoughts or suggestions in Canada or the US?

Oh Great. Now that I post this I see a thread about riding in eastern Canada below. Anyway, how about the US?

I generally take off for a week or even 10 days at a time so I don't mind travelling a little to get there, but what I don't really like is just slabbing miles and miles of interstate. 3 or 4 hours is fine but I have a shoulder problem and it gets pretty painful after that, at least on my current bike.

I currently have a R1200GS and also like to do some trail riding and some light off-roading.

Get started with Pennsylvania and West Virginia -
and use this

https://trips.furkot.com/ui

Will give you access to all the good roads and routes anywhere in North America.
Go to Find then click on the winding road icon at the top - then the motorcycle icon

worth learning

Would need to know a little more about :

- where are you from?
- where would you like to go?
- How many Km per day is acceptable
- camping/motel
- budget
- Canada or US

East is vague. Toronto and St-John's NF can both be considered east :)

I live south of Montreal by the Vermont/NH border and could give you suggestions to last you 5 years - Lake Memphremagog, Laurentians, Mauricie, Charlevoix, Saguenay, Gaspesie, New-Brunswick, Cabot Trail, White Mountains. Mt Washington, Whiteface Mt, Rte 101, Maine, ........................ both on and off road.

As you can see this, like all the other areas in North America, it is an awesome playground if you know where to go.

Expand and help us help you :)

Currently I'm in Oakville.

There is another thread on the Canadian East coast, so lets focus more on the US East Coast - ME., VT., MA., PA., CT., WV., VA., NC., SC.,

I really don't want to slab it but will if I have to. I've done 1000k a day without much trouble.

I prefer camping at the destination. I will do motels when I'm travelling.

Budget - realitivly open

US

If you haven't already, do yourself a favor and join ADVrider. There are huge sections with ride reports, road and destination recommendations and GPX files and everyone is very helpful. I planned out a my complete trip around Austrilia last year from the comfort of my couch and was able to sync up with a lot of the people that helped me along the way.

It's a very good resource and has a huge amount of information on the U.S. east Coast

Back
Top Bottom