Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season? | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season?

Next season definitely heading to Vermont I wanna use this season to sharpen up my skills and master the black Diamond at Blue Mountain. When I went from the blacks at mslm to blue it was a huge wake up call and I'm sure these are nothing compared to the other Hills out of the country so before I head out I wanna make sure I at least have these Hills down packed.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Yeah blacks at blue mtn are 'nothing' compared to other blacks on proper mountains.

Basically you'll have black runs that are glade runs elsewhere (through the trees) and the inclines on other mountains will be a lot steeper.

Awww i miss it so much

But you can also do out of province trips in a weekend without taking weekdays off. It's a little tiring but doable. I go to Whiteface a lot because it's only 6 hours or so from Toronto.

Weekends are far too busy for me, I'm just not that into crowds. At one time lift tickets were less expensive on weekdays, but the larger hills in Ontario have taken away that advantage. However, in NY and VT they still have lower priced tickets on weekdays. I'm semi-retired now and work three days a week in winter as a liftee, so skiing on weekdays does not involve using vacation days. Even when I worked full time I had no problem taking a few vacation days throughout the winter to go skiing.

BTW, if you like Whiteface you have to try Gore Mountain. About another hour farther south from Lake Placid but well worth the drive. If you go to the Toronto Snow Show make sure you visit their booth because they hand out 2 for 1 vouchers which make it well worth it for Canadians to come down there.

BTW, if you like Whiteface you have to try Gore Mountain. About another hour farther south from Lake Placid but well worth the drive. If you go to the Toronto Snow Show make sure you visit their booth because they hand out 2 for 1 vouchers which make it well worth it for Canadians to come down there.

I'll definitely keep that in mind, thanks!

Anyone have some old snowboard bindings they don't need anymore? I am looking for some ratchet straps to try on my touring boots. The dynafit buckles really suck.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Heading to orford between xmass and new years. Probably going to check out owl head and Sutton. Damn resort skiing is expensive. Four days at tremblant would have cost me more than a month of backckountry skiing :)

No skiing or snowboarding for me for third season in a row :( Wife's carrying a volleyball in her belly so we're taking it easy. But enjoy it everyone! I miss boarding!

Check out hotels at Sutton and orford. They can be as low a 400 for four days with really nice places for 600. Tix are cheap (~40), and you can even get them on air miles.

Got my Glen Eden 5x7 pass (10 mins from house, and I can afternoon ski) new K2's and its not exactly wintery.......

Well since you asked, there is great skiing in Flagstaff AZ, the mountain is about 2 blue mountains high. Im in Presscott AZ, 1.5hrs from Flag which is considered the high country 5,600ft elev. Up at Mt Snow in Flagstaff your at 6,800ft?, higher than whistler I think.
The AZ house which I'm at hit or miss is my wife's dream, I spend a lot of time on sailboats. AZ and sailing not so much.

We're going to le Massif in January. Stoooooooked

Heading up to Blue on tuesday to shake off the cobwebs before Tremblant in Jan :)

Ive got three outings so far, Glen Eden is 10 mins from my house so I've started getting out at 8;30am when the lifts open and around 10 head to work. Nobody seems to have noticed at the office, is that good or bad?

I've gone back to 180cm skiis and I've never been happier

Ive got three outings so far, Glen Eden is 10 mins from my house so I've started getting out at 8;30am when the lifts open and around 10 head to work. Nobody seems to have noticed at the office, is that good or bad?

I've gone back to 180cm skiis and I've never been happier

That's good. Perhaps you can get the chance to go away for a week and nobody will notice.Lol.
180cm skis. Did you go longer or shorter. Shaped skis? For Ontario or deep snow?

That's good. Perhaps you can get the chance to go away for a week and nobody will notice.Lol.
180cm skis. Did you go longer or shorter. Shaped skis? For Ontario or deep snow?

i went longer this yr, shaped with transitional rocker. I got sold on a pair of Atomic all mtn skis last yr at 165cm and hated them from the first day. Got new 180cm K2 all mtn this yr and tickled. I was always a 'longer' ski guy before shaped skis came along, I just find them more stable at speed. They are for ontario/ny.

These little skiffs of snow are sure motivating people to get out, I think half the GTA was trying to get up a chairlift at Glen Eden yesterday.

i went longer this yr, shaped with transitional rocker. I got sold on a pair of Atomic all mtn skis last yr at 165cm and hated them from the first day. Got new 180cm K2 all mtn this yr and tickled. I was always a 'longer' ski guy before shaped skis came along, I just find them more stable at speed. They are for ontario/ny.

These little skiffs of snow are sure motivating people to get out, I think half the GTA was trying to get up a chairlift at Glen Eden yesterday.

You have excellent taste. Got similar skis myself. (About 4 years older) Love `em. Very stable in all conditions. Wouldn`t take them out West though.
Skied Mansfield yesterday. Was busy`ish lift lines might have been no more than a minute. On the hill and in the lodge. (Posh word for Cafeteria)
Lots of skiers had bought from Groupon.
Got to get there early for close parking and get a few runs in with fresh groomed conditions.

Great conditions. Except for the far side which was hard packed(Icy) Skiers left, off the Breenger lift.

Mansfield is a private club, members only weekends. Christmas break and March break include the full weekday tickets for public skiing. Normally open Wednesdays to Friday only.

Back
Top Bottom