Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season?

^ do you have a beacon? Wanna practice? Pretty ****** to head out without a bit of a refresher in ON.

Sent from my clear iPhone 31SS

Nah, I don't have any real back country gear, as it wouldn't get much use out here on the Ice Coast - riding in pow is more about conditioning for me now, as I've learned the technique a few years back (and got a more appropriate board)... but yes, I'd need LOTS of practice :)

I'll still do a Vermont snowboard trip in February but this is looking like a short season. Friends were canoeing there last week as there's no snow.

Yeah, this is probably the last Blue Mountain 5x7 for me if they keep jacking the price.
I'll try St. Louis next season maybe, gotta go and check it out one time this year to see if I like it.
Only found out recently they have lights nowadays.

Going to Okemo and Whiteface in March.

Yeah, this is probably the last Blue Mountain 5x7 for me if they keep jacking the price.
I'll try St. Louis next season maybe, gotta go and check it out one time this year to see if I like it.
Only found out recently they have lights nowadays.

Going to Okemo and Whiteface in March.
this year's price discouraged me greatly (for the 5x7)

They get away with it due to their near monopoly. There's nothing better within 5h drive unless you belong to one of those fancy shmancy clubs for special people.

So in a way, I'm happy those greedy IntraWest bastards got nada for Christmas week and a delayed start to the season - must've lost a ton of money.

They get away with it due to their near monopoly. There's nothing better within 5h drive unless you belong to one of those fancy shmancy clubs for special people.

I live less than an hour from Blue and would rather drive 3 hours south to Holiday Valley than ski at Blue. I last bought a 5 x 7 when they opened the Orchard runs, just to try them out. Even though I am so close, I found I had to really try hard to go there three times in order to get my moneys worth. The problem is I like to ski at numerous places, so it's a problem to get to any one of them more than twice.

With the exchange on the dollar so poor, it will be busy on Canadian Friendship week (Jan 4 to 10), when they take Canadian$ at par for lift tickets. Remember you must pay in cash, CDN$. The best deal is on one of the two Cabin Fever Days: Feb 4th or Mar 15th. Lift tickets are $24.99 CDN, but you must buy the voucher up here first. You can get them at Corbetts in Oakville, Paramount in Guelph, Source for Sports in London, Ski Pro in St. Catherines and North Face in Niagara Falls. The down side is they are only valid on one of those two days.

Last edited:

So in a way, I'm happy those greedy IntraWest bastards got nada for Christmas week and a delayed start to the season - must've lost a ton of money.
Holiday Valley isnt tooo far
Bristol Mountain either
5h does bring you to MTL area (maybe not tremblant but there are a bunch that are closer)
But then it IS kinda long for a day trip.
But yeah, im tired of blue and they think the orchard is so awesome and great that they hiked it like crazy.

5h does bring you to MTL area

Try Magog just south of Montreal. You can easily do two spots in the same day with Orford, Owls Head, Breaumont, Jay, etc all next door. Makes a 2-3 day trip worth it.

Try Magog just south of Montreal. You can easily do two spots in the same day with Orford, Owls Head, Breaumont, Jay, etc all next door. Makes a 2-3 day trip worth it.
Yup, a few years back before kid, i'd have a group of friends from Mtl, Qc city, Ottawa and TO and we'd rent cottages and try different mountains, did Jay a few times, did bromont, did le Massif... good times

Is Holiday Valley any better than Blue though? Looks about the same size wise, number of runs, height, etc.

The problem is, I go after work often so by the time I get somewhere else than Blue it would be most likely not worth it. I like to board for around 5h usually.
Day trip during their non-peak time yes
After work no

And if you're like me...blue is boring now. I've done it way too many time, i just do it cause its the closest.

Just came back from my first time ever going snowboarding. Did it with my nightpass at Mt St Louis Moonstone and what a great time it was. It was tough to learn at first but after about 2 hours I was switching on the heel to the toe like it was nothing.

Had a couple hard falls to begin with, good thing im 21 and I can handle them at my age.

Just came back from my first time ever going snowboarding. Did it with my nightpass at Mt St Louis Moonstone and what a great time it was. It was tough to learn at first but after about 2 hours I was switching on the heel to the toe like it was nothing.

Had a couple hard falls to begin with, good thing im 21 and I can handle them at my age.

I was there tonight to! The weather was awesome, can't wait to go again.

I was there tonight to! The weather was awesome, can't wait to go again.
Did you see some guy on the bunny hull in red snowpants taking some mean wipeouts? That was me bahahaha.

I'll be there this Friday. Maybe when I get a little better we can meet up there.

Did you see some guy on the bunny hull in red snowpants taking some mean wipeouts? That was me bahahaha.

I'll be there this Friday. Maybe when I get a little better we can meet up there.

No I didn't spend much time over there, just did a run or two to shake off the cobwebs. But sure thing, later in the season we can meet up! I was out in the lime green pants and a white with blue and green smoke jacket.

Hoping to get out there this weekend and get my snow legs in shape. I've packed on the pounds this past summer and quitting smoking didn't help either. Hope I still fit in my snowpants lol

c6c28c35f6dc03abbfee21c9eca78b29.jpg
back for round two

Back
Top Bottom