Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season?

just booked a week in Sunpeaks for February.

Can't do the ontario hills anymore.

did big white last year, but more like Big white out from all the fog

i tried skiing last season for the first time and would like to grab a decent all-mountain setup if anyone see's anything for a 5'10" 215lb fella. Still using my '07 snowboard and it's doing its job ok. Only really hit the small local hills now and head down to vermont 1-2 weekend trips a season.

Im quebecer, she newfie, we can deal with cold pretty well hehe

How do you deal with the language barriers, her speaking Newfanese all the time.?

you fellows thinking you'd be bored out of your mind on a cruise are really missing out, there is fun stuff to do everyday/all day. Its not cheap but its not boring.

I'm going to try skiing Flagstaff AZ this year, there is a hill there the size of tremblant.

been doin 5x7 @ Blue fur 5 year. but, this is furst season that not going. it was fun but no fun anymure. realized that burding is nut good exersise. just sittin most of day...drivin there, on lift... wasteing allot of time. and staying over there multiplle nites is expensive. NO LIKE! plus, burding is for kids/young ones. :wave::laughing9:

oh, and, it fun when started, b/c it gave me purpose and direrection in life when did 5 yrs ago. but now no. no fun, and it no longer give me life meaning.

Last edited:
If anyone sees a good deal on snowboards please post. I want another board for all mountain use and occasionally venture into the park.

If anyone sees a good deal on snowboards please post. I want another board for all mountain use and occasionally venture into the park.

i tink maybe out of luck, bruthar. :sad8::sad11: maybe too late. next time, sales start back up close to end of seeson, late-feb. alternative113 ussually starts sale at 25%-30% of stuffs. but, must waite few moths. god luck!:angel2:

I don't know what level you ride at, but Sportcheck seems to always have load of last season boards discounted. They seem to feature mostly 'all round' boards, selection really varies by store.

no, nut looking forward to this year!

but, next year's, when this com out! then, yes ME LIKE! with all my warmest heart and feelings! :love1::hippy2::glasses9::angel8::cat::love7:

[video=youtube;k9qWa0Yn6bo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9qWa0Yn6bo[/video]

Art of Flight 2? Awesome!!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will check them all out. I ride groomers mostly with a preference for high speed runs. Small to medium sized jumps occasionally. Pow would be gnarly if we ever got any. I'm only looking for another board because I currently have a mid-wide board. It's fully ridable but takes a bit too much effort to go from edge to edge. It would also be nice to have a serrated edge to help cut through crud at speed.

Best insult I ever heard on the slopes: "You, you, you . . . you SNOWBOARDER, you!"

Kids are waiting in line now to sign up for the ski club at school. I hope to get out a little more this year, but it might be a mild winter.

Tremblant is about the same time from me, as Blue is from Toronto, but I prefer the smaller, less expensive resorts.

Last edited:
Never been to Sir Sam's but they are opening this weekend with $5.00 lift tickets to celebrate their 50th anniversary. Anyone been? Worth the drive?

Never been to Sir Sam's but they are opening this weekend with $5.00 lift tickets to celebrate their 50th anniversary. Anyone been? Worth the drive?

If you are fairly local. Anything is better than nothing. 5 bucks. Expect it will be busy, which is OK you get to meet lots of people. Maybe a few Bunnies. Or Blokes.

I wanna do tailgate Alaska someday... bucket list ****, but I need an avy pack and some better back country gear.

Anyone else interested? I got one other dude down to roll... maybe winter 2017. With 4-5 ppl splitting the costs on an RV would be reasonable.

I'd probably wanna get into cat-accessible areas and make use of snowmobile shuttle'rs. Heli skiing will probably be out of my price range forever.

ACtually, if there's any snowmobilers on here, we should link up! Good times for everyone!

www.tailgatealaska.com

^ do you have a beacon? Wanna practice? Pretty ****** to head out without a bit of a refresher in ON.

Sent from my clear iPhone 31SS

Last edited:
it's too bad you went to big white when it was foggy. I worked a whole season there delivering pizza and let me tell you the sunny and clear days were some of the best skiing in my life! I think about quitting my current job and going back out there every winter.

I saw this on the news a couple of days ago and from the sound of it they might just have one run open. Can't seem to find any info on their site as to snow conditions or open runs. So it might be a little far for very limited conditions. Anyone else know how many runs they are offering on this opening weekend?

Back
Top Bottom