Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season? | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season?

If a Patroller comes along and sees people standing in a dangerous spot they will stop and educate them. However, in most cases the problem is long gone by the time a Patroller gets to a reported problem like this. I find a really close high speed pass tends to get them moving along. ;)

Yes, that should get them moving pretty quick. Lol. However, Ski Patrol should set up so that the area gets constant patrol and keep the area safe.
The protocol of Ski Patrol is safety as their first concern. Hence avoiding injuries.

Just got back from Lake Louise, 3 days of AWESOME skiing, and i'm good for the season

Just got back from Lake Louise, 3 days of AWESOME skiing, and i'm good for the season

Nice
Did you check out the other resorts there. Sunshine is one of the best places to ski.

Did you like Louise's front side or her back side the most :D

If a Patroller comes along and sees people standing in a dangerous spot they will stop and educate them. However, in most cases the problem is long gone by the time a Patroller gets to a reported problem like this. I find a really close high speed pass tends to get them moving along. ;)
So your solution to congestion on the hill is to speed up and dive bomb people, instead of slowing down and skiing in control? The ski patrol must just love you. Just because the boarders need to sit down all the time at the best spots on the hills, is no reason to dive bomb them. And there's always some goof who takes a beginner onto a bigger slope than they should be on. Slow down and smell the roses. Enjoy your time. Anywhere around Toronto is low and crowded, you spend more time waiting in line, and almost as much time on the lift, as you do skiing the hill.

Anyone want two Revelstoke tickets? 160 bought from Costco in Vernon. I could return them, but if anyone wants them I rather pass the savings.

got talking to a dude at work today who said he goes to Japan to ski every year, said they get TONS of snow in the mountains and its really cheap (except for the flight), I googled and and apparently its a thing, some spots get 10-18 meters of snow a year.....never realised Japan was a ski destination

They did manage to have the winter Olympics in Japan. Seems kinda far to go for powder when you have the rockies right here with some of the best conditions in the world. But with flights being so expensive in Canada maybe flying there is comparable.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

When you guys fly somewhere. Do you bring your gear or just rent when you get there?

Last time I flew to Calgary to ski Lake Louise I took my own equipment. Packed my boots in the checked bag and skis in ski bag as oversized item. Of course that was in 2005 and the current cost for oversized items might make me think differently next time.

Ski bags don't get charged oversize fee. Get a big bag and put all your stuff in it. Usually airports don't weight them.

Last edited:
Unbelievable conditions today at Blue. Fresh snowfall and everything

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Typical blue mountain day - ice patches all over and the snow machines in full force. That post from last year was a one off

Typical blue mountain day - ice patches all over and the snow machines in full force. That post from last year was a one off

Conditions not that great.
First it rains, then freezes the top layer. then fresh snow falls on the top. Looks good but ice just beneath the surface. Broken up by the groomers. Need to work the edges, sharp of course. Get a good work cannot sit back and just ski. Go home, have a beer. Sleep on the spot. you worked hard. Cheers.

I have an Ikon pass... I just ordered studded tires for my MTB. There's really no point to ski in on.

I have an Ikon pass... I just ordered studded tires for my MTB. There's really no point to ski in on.
We live 5min from a ski hill so if there's a blizzard that's about the only time we hit the hills (less people, good conditions).

Not looking forward to ski season
especially since the lift ticket prices have gone waaay up...
Winter - just go away so I can ride
my bikes! lol

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom