Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season? | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season?

WTF is wrong with blue mountain. The whole resort is neutered. Every run was perfectly groomed. Not even one mogul run. What a waste of money.

WTF is wrong with blue mountain. The whole resort is neutered. Every run was perfectly groomed. Not even one mogul run. What a waste of money.

That is terrible. A few years ago they used to have moguls through the Glades. Yes looking at there trails Glades is closed. Mt St Louis usually has some good moguls.

Last edited:

Too many injuries possibly? I remember every time I used to go (very often) someone would always get injured on it, not sure if it's the moguls, but I never went on them.

Mt. St. Louis Moonstone has $4.50 lift tickets this Friday Dec. 22. Just have to bring along a food donation.

Taking my son up to ski/board this wknd. Getting guest passes for Craigleith Ski Club.
Yahoo! Can't wait for the pain after that first day.

Will be interesting to see what winter brings this year. Was looking good until it got warm. Each year it seems I start the season later and later due to lack of consistent snow.

Mt. St. Louis Moonstone has $4.50 lift tickets this Friday Dec. 22. Just have to bring along a food donation.

I went to St. Louis for the first time last season. Was very disappointed. Found it incredibly boring. Definitely less busy than Blue but that's about the only positive (for me). Good for someone with kids I guess. I've enjoyed Mansfield more, even though it's smaller. Still need to check out Hockley Valley and Horseshoe.

Have yet to try anything over on the east side, like Brimacombe, Dagmar or Lakeridge.
Which one is best?

Got another 5x7 for Blue this season after skipping it last year (boycotted due to the crazy price increase). Tremblant in February and maybe a trip to Bristol Mountain.

I went to St. Louis for the first time last season. Was very disappointed. Found it incredibly boring. Definitely less busy than Blue but that's about the only positive (for me). Good for someone with kids I guess. I've enjoyed Mansfield more, even though it's smaller. Still need to check out Hockley Valley and Horseshoe.

I'm surprised you found MSLM boring, I rather like that hill. Good pitches, great snowmaking and not too busy on non-holiday weekdays. Mansfield has some interesting runs and a nice chalet, same with Horseshoe Valley.

If you come to Hockley Valley do so on a weekday, or evening. Your best deal is on a Tuesday evening @ $25 for the lift ticket. Once the snow school begins in mid-January the weekends get very busy. Since there are just two quad fixed-cable chairs and one carpet, the lift lines can be long. Hockley is a great place to learn to ski because the runs are not too long. Four of the fifteen runs are marked as diamonds, but again they are a bit short. If you come on a weekday look for me operating the Back Side Chair.

I'm surprised you found MSLM boring, I rather like that hill. Good pitches, great snowmaking and not too busy on non-holiday weekdays. Mansfield has some interesting runs and a nice chalet, same with Horseshoe Valley.

Mslm is brutally boring. Stopped going after one season pass. It's only really good if you're a beginner or if you frequent their terrain park. Blue mountain it is from here on out at least in Ontario.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Runs seemed awfully straight on MSLM. Also the barren nature of hill tops. I'm not the biggest fan of wide, open spaces.

Thanks for the tip about $25 Tuesday nights at Hockley. May be worth it, since it's much less driving for me.
Horseshoe Valley is much more forested, some of the runs are cut through the trees. They also actually have turns. I prefer horseshoe over mslm.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

To be honest most skiing in Ontario is pretty limited. Blue seems to be the best overall but even then every run is very similar as they are all just cut straight down the hill. They do excel at snow making and grooming. A fresh groomed run is pretty sweet at times.
I skied there so often I was only doing half days because I could hit everything by noon and was bored.

MSLM and Horsehoe I fail to see the appeal. Fine when I was learning and gaining experience but both are underwhelming. Blue is not much more further with some decent pitch for your legs to get a work out.

Well make the most of what is close and what we have.

Spent a great day at MSLM yesterday. First ride in 3 yrs. Got there about 2pm while it was still snowing. Enough new soft snow that I wasn't riding on the "ice cap" that we usually find in Ontario.
MSLM is better for me b/c I save an hour on the return trip, short lift lines (even during yesterday's cheap day), and there's more room to play if your not just heading straight for the bottom of the hill. They even had their mogul field setup already. Blue usually don't have moguls till really late in the season.
But I also like to move around to other hills for the variety. Still looking for a chance to try Devils Glenn. And want to go back to Beaver Valley. Been there twice and they say they have the steepest run in Ontario. ...and the last time I was there, they turned that steepest run into a mogul field. That was fun, we're on snowboards, maybe 3rd season of riding, been down that run before when it was smooth, and the kids were saying "it can't be that hard!"

Usually corbets has some good deals on last year ski gear. They also have an ebay store stores.ebay.ca/asogear Dunno if their snowboarding gear pricing is as good.

Ended up grabbing a pair of flow alpha bindings off of boardroom. Regular 200 on sale for 140. Sold my old board too so it didn't cost me much at the end.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lots of closed trails at blue mountain today.

But the trails that were open were the best I've ever seen them.

also lots of inconsiderate people blocking pathways and stopping in the middle of trails to talk.

Lots of closed trails at blue mountain today.

But the trails that were open were the best I've ever seen them.

also lots of inconsiderate people blocking pathways and stopping in the middle of trails to talk.

Talk to Ski Patrol. They should be able to help you. They should keep any eye out for situations like this. (Danger of further injury)

Talk to Ski Patrol. They should be able to help you. They should keep any eye out for situations like this. (Danger of further injury)
If a Patroller comes along and sees people standing in a dangerous spot they will stop and educate them. However, in most cases the problem is long gone by the time a Patroller gets to a reported problem like this. I find a really close high speed pass tends to get them moving along. ;)

Back
Top Bottom