Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season?

cycling

Site Supporter
Do you have club membership? Which resort do you prefer and why?
What are some of your likes and dislikes about the resorts.

Used to get the 5x7 at blue. This year they jacked up the prices way too much. Not interested anymore. Might go up for a weeknd or two but thats about it.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I get a 5x7 from glen eden, its 10 mins from my house. It better get cold soon.

Used to get the 5x7 at blue. This year they jacked up the prices way too much. Not interested anymore. Might go up for a weeknd or two but thats about it.

Wow. That is really jacked up to how it used to be.

Used to get the 5x7 from Blue for years and years (approx 10 or so) and then noticed I only went a handful of times so didn't bother.

Last year had the operation before the winter season so was in no shape to snowboard. But this year definitely planning on going out a few times on the board....but no pass as to not limit myself.

Planning on a trip to Vermont (Jay Peak...f'in awesome!)...Tremblant (I like)...and probably Blue (meh...cottage is nearby)...

Looking forward to some snow...but today's 7C was nice. Wish I had time for the bike today :(

I am always looking forward to ski season and this year I can't wait to try out my new skis. I don't usually buy a season pass to anywhere as I like to ski at a variety of hills. In Ontario we ski MSLM and Blue once or twice during the season. We also try to get into Caledon and I have a deal that allows us to ski at Georgian Peaks on four select days over the winter. Also, since I'm a liftee at Hockley, I get a lot of free skiing there. Yeah it's small but sliding down any hill is always fun.

In addition to Ontario, we take mid-week ski days down to Holiday Valley in NY for their Cabin Fever days and once a season we will take several days and do Gore Mountain and use the two for one deal we get at ski show. If we have time we will jump over into Vermont and ski a day at Killington, Pico or Okemo.

This year will probably be the first 'meh' snowboarding year for me in about 8 years - which is probably okay, because we're not supposed to see much of the white & fluffy this side of the continent.

When I started snowboarding in 2007 through 2010 I was actively travelling most of the local spots - Blue Mtn, Holiday Valley, Horseshoe, & Moonstone. Two trips to Tremblant per season, and one to Vermont to hitup Stowe, Killington or Jay Peak (my favourite East Coast Resort, by far). Jay is getting more popular nowadays, so it doesn't have quite the same 'vibe' as it used to, but that's life I guess.

Since 2010 I mostly only go on one or two big trips per year. Can't be bothered with local boarding, unless one of my friends wants free "lessons", or the wife wants to go practice. Last year I did Banff for the first time, and I'd forgotten how good the Canadian Rockies were. With the CAD in the shitter, I think Banff will be the next big trip, or maybe Revelstoke or some other interior BC resort.

I bought the 5x7 for about 3-4 years. Prices kept climbing, and i got a toddler now so until i get her on skis, no pass for this guy.

We are doing a trip to Quebec in January though with the fam, going to le Massif

and for @mimico polak, Jay Peak is awesome, especially if you like glade runs. And if you look a little, there are some nice cottages to rent from homeaway.com (havent tried airbnb yet)

I tried to embrace cold weather sports but nah....for the cash I'll take a cheap flight somewhere warm instead.

b77d0c96d1b4482ffaf316895203c456.jpg

Very stoked to get on these. There are some really nice mountains in the gaspe area that I want to ski, on my week off before christmas. It does not look like I will even get frost. :(
Later in the winter I am driving to BC.

I'm ITCHING to bust out the board! Actually I'm looking for a new one this year and possibly get back into skiing again too.

I usually buy a couple of double downs at Blue. This year I bought the Double Down/Latitude combo deal as I'm planning to go to Tremblant in the new year. I usually go to Whiteface Mountain near Lake Placid, NY but staying in Canada this winter due to the exchange rate.

I'll get a half dozen trip to Ellicottville in, its a fun place on and off the hill. My wife doesn't ski anymore so has no use for cold weather vacations, but she lets me have 'boys trips' with no question.

I tried to embrace cold weather sports but nah....for the cash I'll take a cheap flight somewhere warm instead.

Yeah - unless you're making really good coin, it's usually a choice between the two. My wife prefers the warm vacay's too...

I get bored with beach vacations; once you've done one, you've done them all, IMO (latin music, decent food, and a beach :yawn: ). Even worse if you've ever been to a Sandals resort which are better than almost ANY other all-inclusive in spades. The best islands are the ones with good music (Jamaica, Trinidad, St. Lucia, etc...)

But I'll take a gladed run down Stateside Jay to the 242 parking lots ANYDAY over lying on a beach getting bored & drunk

Yeah - unless you're making really good coin, it's usually a choice between the two. My wife prefers the warm vacay's too...

I get bored with beach vacations; once you've done one, you've done them all, IMO (latin music, decent food, and a beach :yawn: ). Even worse if you've ever been to a Sandals resort which are better than almost ANY other all-inclusive in spades. The best islands are the ones with good music (Jamaica, Trinidad, St. Lucia, etc...)

But I'll take a gladed run down Stateside Jay to the 242 parking lots ANYDAY over lying on a beach getting bored & drunk

^This is why I've never gone on a tropical resort vacation or cruise. I would go out of my mind with boredom. I'd like to spend the last couple of days of my vacation relaxing on a beach but that's about it. I tried to convince my friends to take a snowboarding trip in summer once and they looked at me like I was insane.

^This is why I've never gone on a tropical resort vacation or cruise. I would go out of my mind with boredom. I'd like to spend the last couple of days of my vacation relaxing on a beach but that's about it. I tried to convince my friends to take a snowboarding trip in summer once and they looked at me like I was insane.
We went to an all inclusive last year, so this year, cottage east of quebec city. Shes never been really in quebec city, its where im from, i love skiing. No questions asked.

Im quebecer, she newfie, we can deal with cold pretty well hehe

Bought a snowboard a couple months ago and a night pass to mount St Louis. This'll be my first year.

Couldn't stand not having any activities in the winter time.

I'm itching to get out there. Just booked a trip for Feb. heli skiing in Golden followed by a day at Lake Louis and a week at Kicking horse. Can't wait!!

Last edited:

I'm a ski patroler. All the skiing I want for free!

I do have to commit to 14 patrol days a year so it forces me to get off my butt in the winter.
If anyone is interested in becoming a patroler check out the Canadian ski patrol website. Learn some first aid and ski all you want. Not a bad deal.

Last edited:
I'm a ski patroller. All the skiing I want for free!

I do have to commit to 14 patrol days a year so it forces me to get off my butt in the winter.
If anyone is interested in becoming a patroller check out the Canadian ski patrol website. Learn some first aid and ski all you want. Not a bad deal.

Curious. Where do you Patrol?

Back
Top Bottom