Motorcycle Transport Options | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Transport Options

I just called to get a quote from Air Canada to ship my bike back from Vancouver to Toronto, $1200+GST does not include Dangerous Goods certificate (add another $150-200). This is a "promotional" price in effect May 1 - Sept 30, the woman told me the normal rate would be roughly double this based on size & weight. Date within that period doesn't seem to matter.

Starting to think I might just ship it from Spokane, WA to Brockport with AA for $625USD

I just called to get a quote from Air Canada to ship my bike back from Vancouver to Toronto, $1200+GST does not include Dangerous Goods certificate (add another $150-200). This is a "promotional" price in effect May 1 - Sept 30, the woman told me the normal rate would be roughly double this based on size & weight. Date within that period doesn't seem to matter.

Starting to think I might just ship it from Spokane, WA to Brockport with AA for $625USD

This sounds pretty high, I had a quote from Air Canada last year for 650.00 from YYZ to YVR, and that was based on some special Motorcycle container, and I had to purchase a ticket for myself within a certain time, I think one day later... maybe it is because you are not flying with the bike?

I found an article here, and it is because you are not flying with the bike I guess....

[h=3]WITHIN CANADA[/h]But wait, there’s good news! While South America may be out, the representative told me Air Canada is still discounting motorcycle shipping within Canada (Toronto and Montreal to Vancouver and occasionally Calgary – depending on if there’s a big jet flying there with the cargo capacity), meaning you can still do an adventure ride in the Rockies without having to ride the bike out there and back yourself.
As of July 31, the price I was quoted for inter-Canada travel were $650 for the flight, plus fees (Dangerous Goods fee, scanning fee, etc.). However, that price assumes the traveler is also flying AC as a passenger. If not, the price goes up to $950.
Those are the same prices we were given back in March.

Last edited:
I spoke to them yesterday and the price for flying a bike from Vancouver to Toronto is $850 (plus dangerous goods certificate) if you fly with them. That seems to be the same deal they had last year from a few hub airports.

I spoke to them yesterday and the price for flying a bike from Vancouver to Toronto is $850 (plus dangerous goods certificate) if you fly with them. That seems to be the same deal they had last year from a few hub airports.

Hmm I guess I should have flown with them. I already booked my ticket with WestJet several months ago :(

Back
Top Bottom